Author Topic: Trait Training on Pets  (Read 11311 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Trait Training on Pets
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2011, 08:16:24 PM »
Thank you all for sharing information about this. I took what you had here and did some playtesting of my own to make a new Cat, Dog, and Horse Traits Guide. This should reveal a few of those blanks, and some alternate methods to what was listed.

I had a lot of trouble learning certain traits, even though they appeared to be making progress: Aggressive, Friendly, and Obedient. This never cleared up. I also experienced the bug with dog hunting that I've had from the start. Some of these traits do very, very little while others are great (Hyper!).

Naanomi

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2011, 09:06:10 PM »
So, the Uber Pets:
NOTE: If you use the 'Change Traits' LTR, you get to pick five if you really want to,

Cat:
Start with: Friendly OR Independent OR Shy, Genius, Proud (If Wanted), Quiet
Train: Adventurous, Hunter, Hyper, Neat, Non-Destructive, Playful (If Wanted)

Dog:
Start with: Aggressive OR Friendly AND/OR Independent AND/OR Shy, Genius, Hunter, Quiet
Train: Adventurous, Hyper, Likes Swimming, Loyal, Neat, Non-Destructive, Playful (If Wanted)

Horse/Unicorn:
Start with: Brave, Friendly, Genius, Obedient, Quiet
Train: Agile, Fast, Neat, Playful (If Wanted)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2011, 09:25:30 PM »
Carl - I'm not sure of the bug you have with the dogs and hunting.  Not sure if this helps, but my Sim actually had the option to train my dogs to hunt.  I had her do that to get them the first skill point and then just had them do hunting to get more skill points.

Regarding the Fast trait - Have foals "gallop around" and then praise - I've successfully learned this trait on two foals now (others were born with it).

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2011, 09:56:33 PM »
I also experienced the bug with dog hunting that I've had from the start.

I had this problem to start with (as have a lot of others), and it seems to clear up if you delete the contents of you DC Backup folder.  Some have said that they had to uninstall that new spell book available from the store, but clearing out my DC Backup fixed the problem without me having to remove it.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2011, 10:54:35 PM »
So, the Uber Pets:

Brilliant! Thanks for forming the concept. I was thinking that there would be a best selection, but it looks like you've already got it perfect! I'll edit that in.

As for the bug I was referring to with dogs, I guess it might not be... it seems impossible to learn hunter, so it must be the nose. The trait indicator doesn't even appear over their heads.

The others that are strange (Aggressive etc as listed above) do appear but are never taken on by the pet, so that has to be a bug. I will try wiping this backup data just in case. I hate it when I have to write something in as buggy in the guide. In six months someone will ask me what I'm talking about, because it's all fine for them :P

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2011, 12:25:15 AM »
I had a dog learn the Aggressive trait. She was Loyal to begin with, and she autonomously guarded objects. After a while, she started autonomously growling at the mailman, then chasing. After a day or so of this, she gained the Aggressive trait.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2011, 12:36:22 AM »
Well, hey, it didn't take 6 months after all lol. I will nix the line and I'm going to assume that the other 2 are bugs on my end :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2011, 02:49:11 AM »
As for the bug I was referring to with dogs, I guess it might not be... it seems impossible to learn hunter, so it must be the nose. The trait indicator doesn't even appear over their heads.

My bad, I thought you meant the skill.  Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever seen that either.  Maybe it can't be trained...

Does it have an opposite trait?

loveSims

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2011, 04:22:37 PM »
Drinking from a pond give a dog the neat trait.

anything