Author Topic: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Epilogue - Part II...The Story Is Complete  (Read 101160 times)

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 22 - Grapes and Watermelons
« Reply #135 on: December 01, 2011, 02:48:53 PM »
Wow, wasn't expecting that!  ;D Welcome Danny! He's the first male immortal-to-be, right?
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #136 on: December 01, 2011, 03:46:01 PM »
Welcome Danny Boy!

How many pets do you have?  I found out when I tried to give Artie twins again that sims + pets can't have more than 10 so that could be why you got a single.  Not sure about the boy part though!

Great updates and I can't wait to see the little guy as a toddler!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2011, 03:56:43 PM »
How many pets do you have?  I found out when I tried to give Artie twins again that sims + pets can't have more than 10 so that could be why you got a single.  Not sure about the boy part though!

At the time of pregnancy and delivery there were 6 sims and 1 horse in the family (I took a little poetic license in my story - Mr. Pickles was actually adopted right after Danny was born).  I believe you can have a maximum of 8 sims or 6 pets (with a maximum of sims+pets of 10), so I hoped for twins.  I just wasn't sure if the game would allow twins to be born if that would cap the number of sims in the house.

As for why we got a boy this time, I don't think Callie ate watermelons after her pregnancy was confirmed (she ate about 5-6 of them as soon as the chimes sounded and during the nauseous pre-pregnancy period).  I thought for sure that would be enough to ensure a baby girl.  I kind of liked having the surprise of a boy.   ;D

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #138 on: December 01, 2011, 04:38:51 PM »
The same kind of thing happened in my first Dynasty attempt - she ate about 5 watermelons during the "nausea" period, but still had a boy! I know Pam recommends more like 8-10.

And yes, it will give you multiples if it will max out the house; in another challenge, I had a pregnant sim with 2 empty slots in the house, then someone moved out right before Mom went into labor, and she had triplets. I always had the impression the time to listen to children's music and watch the kids channel on TV (also important) is before Try For Baby...
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2011, 07:33:09 PM »
I was convinced you were getting twin girls, what a surprise ;D

Welcome to the Sim World little Danny.
I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

dulcea

« Reply #140 on: December 02, 2011, 12:01:14 PM »
I really love reading your dynasties. They are among my favorites. This most recent update doesn't disapoint. :)

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #141 on: December 02, 2011, 03:11:28 PM »
An interesting update... Well, I can't wait to see how this little boy grows up.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #142 on: December 02, 2011, 03:29:07 PM »
*stuffs pregnant dynasty heir with even more watermelons*

Daniel and Mr Pickles are both adorable. I love your writing style, too.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #143 on: December 02, 2011, 05:12:42 PM »
Ugh today a similar thing happened to me. My sim was stuffed with apples and listened to kids music constantly. Then she gave birth to a single boy. I'm happy about the boy part, but come on, the only time she wasn't with kids music is when she was asleep. The only other sims in the household was the father and a dog. I'm starting to wonder if maybe pets are interfering with the twins thing. Or maybe I should've just bought the fertility treatment.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #144 on: December 03, 2011, 03:17:09 AM »
First of all great update Kat I loved it as always. Secondly I have had occasions where my Sim didn't have twins despite having the fertility treatment,watching kids television and listening to kids radio.On the other hand I have been surprised with twins or triplets without doing any of those things. I am not sure that the house size has much to do with it when playing my hidden springs decadynasty my Sim couple had twin girls when they already had four children bringing the household up to eight members. That was one of those times when I wasn't expecting a multiple birth.

As for eating fruit I always make sure to carry on eating my desired fruit right up until my Sim has the baby.

Besides Danny is adorable and a welcome addition to the family.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #145 on: December 03, 2011, 08:33:04 PM »
Oh Danny Boy

With so many people in the house all doting on Danny's every need his nooboo days flew by.  Before long it was time for his toddler birthday.  I helped him to the cake...

...and after the sparkles what a handsome little man we had.  Someone likes red!

Since I had already achieved so many of my goals I decided that I would be the one to teach Danny his skills.

Of course there was plenty of time to play with Mr. Pickles..

...and master the old 'pick and flick'.

Apparently Mom misses her career as Emperor of Evil.  She just had to steal Danny's lolly.  Shame on you, Mom!

And just like that it's birthday time again.

We got Danny a chemistry set for his birthday - he hasn't discovered any potions yet, but he's blown himself up several times.  Perhaps he should stick to chess and stargazing instead.

This is his school friend, Aimee Kuykendall.  She and Danny get along beautifully.  Perhaps she will be the mother of my grandchildren some day.

Mom chatted with her a bit and picked up on some less than desirable traits (coward, frugal, loner), but we can work with that if Danny chooses her when he is old enough to marry.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 23 - Oh Danny Boy
« Reply #146 on: December 03, 2011, 08:37:15 PM »
Danny looks great! I love him! I think Aimee needs to have a mid-life crisis if she moves in...
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #147 on: December 04, 2011, 03:31:38 AM »
Danny is a handsome little chap.I loved his tartan pyjamas they were adorable my two year old has a pair just like it.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #148 on: December 04, 2011, 04:11:07 AM »
Have not commented in a while but have been reading! Great updates and Danny is a very handsome chap!  :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

loveSims

« Reply #149 on: December 04, 2011, 05:28:13 AM »
Danny is a handsome little guy! Love the update :D

anything