Author Topic: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Epilogue - Part II...The Story Is Complete  (Read 101508 times)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 41 - Welcome Idelle
« Reply #300 on: January 30, 2012, 05:05:02 PM »
Birthday Girl

I know every parent thinks that their child is above average, but Idelle learned all her toddler skills in record time.  Before long it was time to celebrate another birthday. 

It seems my fears about Woody were misplaced.  Now that Idelle is a little bit older they are inseparable. 

She’s always playing make-believe, whether she is out for a Sunday drive…

…or presiding over the royal court.  Some might consider it a little eccentric, but Woody and I agree that her vivid imagination is a gift to be nurtured.

She has all of us wrapped around her little finger.  She is    quite taken with the paranormal and she loves nothing more than to sit us all down and tell us a ghost story.  She told me the other day that she wants to be a famous ghost hunter when she grows up so that she can help sims and spirits live peacefully together. 

Even though she is a bit of a daydreamer, she is no slouch academically.  She made it onto the honor roll at school in record time.  We’re all so proud of her!

Pretty soon it’s time for her to become a teenager.  Where is the time going?!  I can’t believe this beautiful young lady is my daughter…

Idelle continued to be a straight A student and she was popular among her classmates.  She was especially close to our neighbor, Tiffanie Moffett.  The girls would often go to Tiffanie’s house or come here after school so that they could study together.  They were like two peas in a pod – wherever one went you could be sure to find the other.  It was really no surprise then, when Tiffanie called and invited Idelle to go to the prom with her.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen her as excited and nervous as she was for her date with Tiffanie.  She spent hours doing her hair and makeup and trying on dress after dress before settling on one that I thought suited her personality.

Ahhh, this brings back such great memories!  I remember when I met Woody at the prom and what a magical evening it turned out to be.  I prayed that Idelle would look back on prom night the same way.  I guess I’m not the calm and collected mom I pride myself on being – here I was worrying over my teenage daughter’s first romance.  It turns out all my worrying was for nothing.  Idelle was crowned prom queen and by the end of the dance she and Tiffanie were going steady.

Tiffanie was accepted as one of the family, just as Woody was.  It might be an unconventional relationship, but we’re an unconventional family.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 41 - Welcome Idelle
« Reply #301 on: January 30, 2012, 05:07:40 PM »
Nice update! I'm glad Idelle has found love without having to bring her into the whole dynasty stuff.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 42 - Birthday Girl
« Reply #302 on: January 30, 2012, 09:00:57 PM »
I know every parent thinks that their child is above average, but Idelle learned all her toddler skills in record time.  Before long it was time to celebrate another birthday. 
This is a line I hear on a daily basis. I work at a toy store so it never fails that I have a parent or a grandparent that will ask me
"I am looking for a gift for my child they are VERY advanced for their age." I honestly want to giggle every time because I highly doubt they know how many times I have heard the same exact line! And I really do wonder if their child is actually really smart or if it's all just a cover up.. :P

loveSims

« Reply #303 on: January 31, 2012, 06:14:44 AM »
Idelle is a cute teen! I love the hairstyles frrom master suite stuff for teens. ;D

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #304 on: January 31, 2012, 08:13:58 AM »
I still can hardly believe how close you are to finishing this dynasty.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #305 on: January 31, 2012, 10:08:30 AM »
Nice update! I'm glad Idelle has found love without having to bring her into the whole dynasty stuff.

It was the weirdest thing, Idelle would go over to Tiff's house after school often, but Tiff was never anywhere to be seen.  Idelle would sit and do her homework there.  Then, on the afternoon of the prom, Tiff called and invited Idelle to go with her - I've never seen that happen before and I've had sims who have gone to prom alone.  Idelle accepted the invitation and by the time the prom was over the girls were going steady.  Rock on, Idelle and Tiff!

This is a line I hear on a daily basis. I work at a toy store so it never fails that I have a parent or a grandparent that will ask me
"I am looking for a gift for my child they are VERY advanced for their age." I honestly want to giggle every time because I highly doubt they know how many times I have heard the same exact line! And I really do wonder if their child is actually really smart or if it's all just a cover up.. :P

Just once wouldn't it be hysterical to have a parent come in and say 'My kid is as dumb as a stump, can you recommend a toy that can't get stuck up his/her nose...'    ;D

Idelle is a cute teen! I love the hairstyles frrom master suite stuff for teens. ;D

Me too!  I fell in love with this hairstyle the minute Idelle tried it on.

I still can hardly believe how close you are to finishing this dynasty.

Rachel

I can't believe it myself!  I'm a little farther ahead in my game and Brianna is already immortal.  I'll be so proud to join you in having a second HoF entry!  :)  You're absolutely right, the second time through is so much easier and more relaxed than the first time.  I'm thinking of having a go at a decadynasty after this, but I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around a strategy for it.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #306 on: January 31, 2012, 12:11:38 PM »
I have found the decadynasty a lot harder. Plus I keep failing it with technical problems.

Rachel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #307 on: January 31, 2012, 02:45:37 PM »
Just once wouldn't it be hysterical to have a parent come in and say 'My kid is as dumb as a stump, can you recommend a toy that can't get stuck up his/her nose...'    ;D
Oh my gosh I would have laughed so hard! That would have made my day so much better. Haha But I highly doubt it will ever happen. :P

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #308 on: January 31, 2012, 05:19:41 PM »
Seven Down, One To Go

Mom has been so busy keeping you updated on my life that I think it is only proper for me to fill you in on what she’s been doing lately.

She celebrated her adult birthday a couple of days after I was born, not that I remember, of course.  Not long after that she reached the top of her career.

This worked out great for me, since she only had to work one day a week she had plenty of time to spend teaching me my skills.  By the time my child birthday rolled around we were best friends, and remain so even though I’m nearly grown up.  I’m really lucky to have such awesome parents and grandparents.  They support me in everything I do and love me no matter what.  Not everyone is so blessed.

Once I started grade school Mom had plenty of spare time on her hands, so she looked for things to keep herself occupied.

She would spend time with Dad listening to Grandpa Danny’s stories…

…or sometimes they would go on a date.

She loved to play with Sassie with the laser pointer.  How funny watching the kitty chase the little red dot around!

Much to my surprise she even took an interest in the paranormal, my favorite thing.  Here she is playing with a crystal ball we found at a tag sale.  Some of the grandmas don’t put stock in such things, but Mom and I believe.

Shortly after Tiffanie and I started going steady it was time for Mom’s elder birthday.  She aged up beautifully!  I hope I’m as lucky as she is when I get to be her age.

She and Grandma Glenys set right to the task of completing Mom’s portrait, ice sculpture, and photograph for our museum.  It’s quite an impressive place.  Everyone in the family has their own room with all their portraits, sculptures, and photos in it.  There is also a portrait of the person’s husband/wife/significant other in the room so that we never forget the ones we love who made all this possible.  I hope Tiffanie’s portrait will hang in my museum room one day.  There is a space for each person’s awards and mementos and we have a special display of the portraits of all of our pets through the generations, as well as our growing gem collection.

As soon as Mom’s elder portrait, sculpture, and photo were secured in the museum it was time for her to join the others in immortality. 

Now there are seven and it all rests on me.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 43 - Seven Down, One To Go
« Reply #309 on: January 31, 2012, 05:24:59 PM »
Congrats on your 15th 7th immortal! You're almost there!  ;D
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

loveSims

« Reply #310 on: February 01, 2012, 12:19:17 AM »
Congrats with your seventh immortal.  Wow your almost finished! ;D

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #311 on: February 01, 2012, 02:31:15 AM »
Congratulations on another immortal.

Rachel

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #312 on: February 04, 2012, 04:27:41 PM »
Just wanted to give a quick, informal update.  I'm in a really boring stretch of game at the moment.  Idelle is about a week away from her adult birthday and she is working on her career, black ops, and friendships - everything else is all set.   :) 

Her romance with Tiffanie is quite rocky at the moment.  Apparently Tiff aged up with the mean-spirited trait, so it ends up being a crap shoot as to whether she will be nice or mean to Idelle on any given day.  Idelle hasn't rolled the wish to break up, so I'm trying to keep the relationship afloat, but I really wish she would dump her and move on.  Who needs a mean-spirited significant other?!

The elders are all doing great.  They will be getting a rock climbing wall in the near future, so perhaps that will give some interesting or funny photo ops.  The house is still under a gnome invasion - the gnome cemetery now has something like 30 headstones in it and I have at least a dozen candidates for it when they age up and pass away.

Hopefully I'll have enough interesting screenies to make a real update in the near future. 

Thank you everyone for continuing to read my dynasty...the end is so close I can practically taste it!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #313 on: February 04, 2012, 04:49:09 PM »
If you ask me,not that anyone did,but I think that generation eight is the hardest because it just seems endless.
Generation one is really hard too but at least it is not boring because there is so much that needs doing. With generation eight you don't even have spouse hunting and nooboos to distract you.

Rachel

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #314 on: February 04, 2012, 11:11:56 PM »
If you ask me,not that anyone did,but I think that generation eight is the hardest because it just seems endless.
Generation one is really hard too but at least it is not boring because there is so much that needs doing. With generation eight you don't even have spouse hunting and nooboos to distract you.

Rachel

It sure does seem endless.  Idelle now has all her immortality requirements done except her elder museum pieces.  She has 17 days until she ages up.  I suspect I'm going to be playing those days on fast forward.   ;D  I did manage to scrounge up enough screenshots for a proper update, so that will be coming soon.