Author Topic: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Epilogue - Part II...The Story Is Complete  (Read 101163 times)

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 45 - Sprint To The Finish
« Reply #330 on: February 07, 2012, 07:26:43 AM »
Congratulations! Idelle is a beautiful elder. You're not going to leave it on a cliffhanger though, are you?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #331 on: February 07, 2012, 08:05:59 AM »
Congratulations and welcome to the two completed immortal dynasty club.

I hope the story continues.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #332 on: February 07, 2012, 08:58:15 AM »
Congrats on another Immortal Dynasty, Katluvr!! A sprint to the finish indeed.

I hope we get to find out what happens next, if all the questions get answered.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #333 on: February 07, 2012, 09:45:05 AM »
Thank you for all the congratulations - I'm really excited to have completed my second immortal dynasty!

I'll be tallying up the value of the Fae's Immortal Museum the next time I play and will post an update with that info and a family portrait.

As for the cliffhanger, I'll be wrapping up the loose ends so you'll know how things turn out.  I'm not quite finished with the story yet.   ;D

Offline moonshadow

• Watcher of the Moon.
  • Townie
  • "It's not someday, but today that I change"
« Reply #334 on: February 07, 2012, 10:37:46 AM »
WOW! Another immortal dynasty down. Congratulations

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #335 on: February 07, 2012, 02:57:27 PM »
Epilogue – Part I

I could hardly believe it when I watched Idelle take her first bite of ambrosia.  Eight generations of love and loss all came down to this singular moment.  Through determination and commitment we had managed to do what my mother, Arlynn (may she rest in peace), was unable to in her lifetime.  My family had earned its place among the fae, but I was faced with a conundrum.  How would I contact a grandfather I never knew?  Did he even know of my existence?  Surely he must have had minions watching us these many years…perhaps he would contact me.

Life continued much as it had before Idelle joined us in immortality.  Days passed with no sign from my grandfather and I began to grow increasingly anxious.  I did everything I could think of to get his attention…I conjured and looked into the crystal ball in hopes of a sign, but none came until one evening when I was walking to the barn to relax and play my guitar.  At first I hardly noticed the rustling in the grass beside me, it must have been the breeze coming in off the hills surrounding our home.  But then I felt a tug on my pant leg.  I turned and looked down to find one of our gnomes trying to get my attention.

‘He knows,’ the gnome said with a wink and a smile.

‘What?’ I asked, incredulously.

‘Your grandfather, the Faerie King, he knows,’ the gnome repeated.

‘But, but…how?’ I stammered.

‘We have been with you since the beginning.  Did you not wonder why so many of us have lived with you over the years?’

‘You’ve been spying on us all this time?!’ I exclaimed angrily.

‘Not spying, watching and guarding,’ the gnome replied.

‘Same difference,’ I said with a huff.  ‘So if he has known about our success these past few days why hasn’t he seen fit to grace us with his presence?’

‘It is complicated.  What do you know of faerie politics?’

His question took me aback.  ‘Very little, truthfully,’ I responded.

‘Your mother, Arlynn, was banished not because your grandfather wished to do so, but because the Queen of the Unseelie Court forced his hand.  He has spent these last days proving to the Queen of the Unseelies that you have indeed earned your place among the fae.  Were he not to do so, it would be far too dangerous for you and your kin to return to Faerie,’ the gnome explained.  ‘There is no love between the Seelies and the Unseelies.  You and yours would have a bounty upon your heads and your grandfather could do nothing to protect you.’

I shuddered and a chill spread over me as I thought of the harm that could have befallen my children and grandchildren.

‘Fear not, your grandfather is skilled in the ways of fae politics and has successfully prepared the way for your return.  It will not be long until you have an audience with him.  Believe…’

With that the gnome scampered off to join his kind.  Shaken, I climbed the stairs to the barn loft that has served as our conservatory for many generations.  I had barely made it across the room when I was enveloped in light. 

Sparks were skittering across my skin and it was jarring as I saw the loft start to fade from view.  I closed my eyes and tried to fight a rising wave of nausea as the world spun violently around me.  When I could stand it no longer I collapsed into a heap on the floor and let the vertigo overtake me.  I don’t know how long I lay there, perhaps I blacked out, but eventually I noticed that the spinning had stopped and the hard, wooden floor beneath me was a lush, fragrant bed of moss.  Slowly I opened my eyes, afraid of what I might find.

A dazzling, white light filled the area and drove needles of pain through my already fragile head. 

‘Welcome Glenys Fae, daughter of Arlynn and granddaughter of my heart,’ he said.  His voice was powerful but radiated love with every word he spoke. 

Eventually my eyes adjusted enough to see that we were in a forest clearing with the disc of the moon hanging in the sky overhead.  I looked at my grandfather…he was the most beautiful creature I had ever seen.  His silver-white hair cascaded over his shoulders, barely disguising the subtle point of his ears.  His crystal blue eyes smiled at me as he motioned for me to come closer.

‘You have your mother’s eyes,’ he said as he pulled me into a warm embrace.  For a moment his eyes grew distant and a look of pain crossed his face at the thought of the child he had lost.  ‘You have done what the Queen of the Unseelies thought impossible.  It was she who set the rules of this challenge in the hope of destroying my bloodline.  I feared all was lost when Arlynn failed,’ he said sorrowfully.

‘The gnomes…’ I started.

‘Yes, yes, I sent them to watch over you.  I could not send an emissary of the Seelie Court without it getting back to the Queen of the Unseelies.  Fortunately she has no use for the little fellows, so they were the perfect way to send you whatever assistance I could.  You may have noticed them flitting about your home and land these past years.  They have been guarding against interference from the Unseelies and providing help when possible.’

I nodded mutely, taking it all in.  When I finally found my voice I asked, ‘So what happens now?’

‘Now you and your heirs have decisions to make,’ he replied.  ‘You may reclaim your birthright and your powers by returning to Faerie or you may live among the mortals, without your powers but under my protection.  If you choose to live with the humans you may continue to eat ambrosia to prolong your life or stop eating it at any time.  Each of you must decide your own fate, but once the decision is made there is no turning back,’ he continued.

‘I need time to talk with my family…’ I started.

‘Of course, you will be back with them in a moment,’ he said.  ‘But first there is one thing you should know, Glenys.  Your mother was the crown princess of the Seelie Court.  She was to have inherited my crown and rule our people one day.  My heart broke the day I had to banish her and I never had another heir in hopes that she would return to me one day.  As her firstborn child you will become the crown princess should you decide to rejoin us.’

‘And if I don’t?’

‘Though it will pain me greatly, I will have to name a successor from among our nobility.  Please do not think I hold this over you to encourage your decision one way or the other.  Ruling the Seelies is equal part privilege and burden.  It is not something to be undertaken on a whim.  You deserve to know what will be expected of you should you choose to return to us.  You have twenty-four hours to make your decisions.  If you have not chosen by that time then you will remain among the mortals for the rest of your lives.’

‘I understand.’

He stretched his arms out towards me and instinctively I reached towards him.  I kissed him on each cheek as he folded me within his arms.

‘It is time for you to return to your family so you can talk with them and make your choices.  Know that I will love you no matter what you decide,’ he whispered in my ear.

I closed my eyes and felt the warmth of him surround me.  When at last I opened my eyes I was back in the loft of our barn.  Raven stood over me, bewildered, and reached out to assist me to my feet.

‘We have to talk,’ I said.  ‘Gather everyone and meet me in the dining room.’

loveSims

Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Epilogue Part I
« Reply #336 on: February 07, 2012, 04:45:50 PM »
Congratulations! You've done it a second time! I can't wait to see how it end. ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Epilogue Part I
« Reply #337 on: February 07, 2012, 04:46:21 PM »
Epilogue – Part II

By the time I made it to the house everyone was seated around the table and Skyler was resting on the floor at Idelle’s feet.  I recounted what Grandfather had told me, answering their questions as best I could.  When I was through they sat there looking from one to another, no one daring to speak.  It was Idelle who broke the silence first.

‘So if some of us choose to go and some choose to stay then we will never see each other again?’ she asked, tears welling up in the corners of her eyes.

‘I’m afraid so,’ I replied.

‘I don’t want to lose anyone,’ she cried, tears flowing freely now.  ‘Whichever way we choose, we should all choose the same thing so at least we will be together!’

Murmurs of assent spread through the otherwise silent house.

‘Why should we go to a ‘family’ we’ve never known when all that we love and hold dear is here in Appaloosa Plains?’ she continued.  ‘I think we should remain here, ambrosia or not!’

More murmurs of assent and nods of agreement.

‘It’s not that easy for me,’ I explained.  ‘This dynasty is all you’ve ever known.  It was your destiny from birth.  I, on the other hand, chose to accept this challenge in the hope of regaining our family’s standing among the fae.  Maybe what we’ve lost in being banished is more real to me, but I don’t know if I can turn my back on my mother who gave her life that this day would come.’

Danny, ever the voice of reason, suggested that we all sleep on it and meet again in the morning to make our final decisions.  We headed to our beds with heavy hearts, each wondering what the others would choose, each desperately wishing for a reprieve from the inevitable.

The next morning dawned crisp and clear with the smell of Meg’s cooking filling the air.  I came downstairs to find everyone already up and enjoying a feast of waffles, pancakes, and eggs Machiavellian.  I poured a cup of coffee and joined the rest of them at the table. 

Seeing no need to delay, I quietly said, ‘The time has come for each of us to make our choice.  I can’t offer any solace other than to tell you what Grandfather told me…I will love you all no matter what you decide.  We will start with Idelle and work our way back to me.  You may change your decision at any time until I give you my decision.  At that point our choices will be final and Grandfather will be notified by one of our gnomes.  Idelle…your decision, please.’

‘This life is the only one I’ve known.  I’m not willing to give up everything I know and love for a life that is foreign to me.  Besides, Tiffanie and I still have time together.  Now that this challenge has been completed I would like us to move in together and share whatever time is left to us.  And someone needs to look after Skyler, I can’t just abandon her…’ Idelle trailed off, crying again.

‘Brianna, what about you?’ I asked.

‘I’m with my daughter on this.  We’ve all sacrificed so much already.  I’m not willing to sacrifice the few years I may have left with Woody, for what?  Elvish politics?  I think not!’

This brought a smile to my face and I reminded Bree that we are faerie not elves.

‘Faeries or elves, it doesn’t matter to me,’ she said, muttering something under her breath about pointy ears.

‘Pearl, have you decided?’ I continued.

‘I have,’ she said solemnly.  ‘I, too, cannot imagine leaving Appaloosa Plains.  I’m sorry if my decision disappoints any of you who have not spoken yet, but my life is here, not in some mystical realm full of political intrigue.  I want to spend my days fishing, not warding off the attacks of some enemy I don’t even know.’

‘Daniel?’ I asked.

‘You all know that my life has been dedicated to logic and reason.  I can’t imagine that I would fit in very well among a people known for their magic,’ he said.  ‘I choose to remain here, too.  Who knows, perhaps I’ll come out of retirement and pick up my medical practice again.  I’ve been going a little stir crazy lately…’

‘Callie, what say you?’ I asked.

‘Who would tend the garden I’ve cultivated over so many years if I leave…’ she said more to herself than to the rest of us.  ‘No, I think I should stay here.’  As if on cue she raised her hand to her face as if she were holding a puppet and started arguing the merits of her decision with herself.  Nervous laughter filled the dining room.  Leave it to Callie to break the tension.

‘Raven, have you made up your mind?’

‘I’m sorry if this upsets anyone, but frankly I’m intrigued by the prospect of having magical powers.  I just never felt the same after I retired and lost my red glow.  Besides, who does that Unseelie witch think she is anyhow?!  I know exactly how to deal with people like her,’ she said, striking a karate pose.  ‘As much as I love most of you, I choose to return to Faerie.’

I’m not sure if I was imagining it or not, but Danny and Pearl seemed visibly relieved at this.  I know they haven’t been on the best of terms, but I was a bit surprised at their reaction.  Callie, Bree and Idelle, on the other hand, appeared as though the wind had been knocked out of them.

‘There’s still time to change your minds,’ I reminded them.  ‘Meghan, what do you choose?’

‘I will stay here,’ she said quietly.  ‘I want to retire from the Bistro and start doing animal rescue work.’

‘Very well, then.  Before I tell you what I have decided, does anyone wish to change their mind?’

The room grew silent as we all looked about at each other, waiting for someone to speak.

‘It is decided…Idelle, Bree, Pearl, Danny, Callie, Meg…you shall remain here and carry on our good name among the people of Appaloosa Plains.  Raven…you and I will return to Faerie and take our places beside Grandfather.’

Meg gasped and started to weep.  ‘Mom, noooo!’  I held her and let her cry herself out.  Kissing her forehead I said, ‘I don’t expect you to understand why I have to do this, but know that I will always love you and I’m only as far away as the nearest gnome.’  Turning to Raven, I told her to prepare her belongings because we would be leaving at sunset.

‘Wait!’ Idelle cried.  ‘Before you go we should take a picture of all of us together!’

Fortunately our maid, Patrick, was something of a photographer and agreed to take a family portrait for us.  We all changed into our best clothes and met outside for our photo shoot.

When we were finally pleased with how it turned out, we each took a copy and hung the original in our family room.  As the afternoon drew to a close, we huddled around one another, saying our farewells.  Of all the heartache and loss I have experienced in my life, none compared to this.  It was as though my heart was being ripped from my chest. 

As the sun slipped behind the hills, I took Raven’s hand and nodded to the gnome who had quietly slipped up behind me.  A flash of light and Raven and I were tumbling through space and time and into the land of Faerie, but my parting words echoed to those we had left behind… ‘I love you my dearest ones…be well…be safe…be happy…’

The End

Author's Note:  Many thanks to all of you who have shared the Fae's adventures these past few months.  It has been a privilege to bring your their story, and your support has kept me going.  I'll be updating you with the family portrait and the value of the immortal museum as soon as possible.   :)

Would there be any interest if I were to upload the Faes and their home to the Swap Shop?  It will take me a bit of work, as I never saved any of them to the bin other than Glenys and I will need to take as much store content out of the house as possible, but if people are interested I'll work on it.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Epilogue - Part II...The Story Is Complete
« Reply #338 on: February 07, 2012, 05:16:05 PM »
What a great ending!  ;D  Personally I would be greatly interested with you uploading the Fae's and their house.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #339 on: February 07, 2012, 05:24:53 PM »
Uber congratulations Katluvr, I have loved this story from the beginning and your ending was perfect!
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #340 on: February 07, 2012, 05:39:56 PM »
A wonderful and unique ending to your Dynasty Kat. I loved every moment of it.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #341 on: February 07, 2012, 05:49:15 PM »
Congratulations Kat, what a wonderful ending! :)

Offline Alieana4518

• Llama Wrangler
  • Isn't he a beauty? :)
« Reply #342 on: February 07, 2012, 07:07:13 PM »
Congratulations! I teared up at the ending, the Faes were one of my favorites, starting with Arlynn. I'm happy to see her work completed! Although I'm sad they didn't all stay together. :( Once again, congratulations! I would be interested in having them uploaded...
One day everything will make sense... On the way there, love like you'll never get hurt. -Erica Kohn

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #343 on: February 07, 2012, 08:28:58 PM »
I'm so happy for you on your second completion!  I can't believe it.  This has been such an awesome ride!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #344 on: February 07, 2012, 09:27:05 PM »
The Statistics

Dynasty Completed:  Week 53, Day 2
Value of Immortal Museum at Completion:  $922,440
Value of House (including museum) at Completion:  $2,657,785
Family Funds at Completion:  $16,243,032

The Immortal Museum

The Family Portrait

L to R:  Glenys (founder), Meghan (gen. 2), Raven (gen. 3), Callie (gen. 4), Daniel (gen. 5), Pearl (gen. 6), Brianna (gen. 7), Idelle (gen. 8 )

anything