Author Topic: Dead Stray Adoption  (Read 6365 times)

Offline Noshmek

• Llama Wrangler
Dead Stray Adoption
« on: November 06, 2011, 05:53:30 PM »
During my newest game, my sim was suddenly aware that death was taking a random stray cat away on my property.  I had never seen it before, so I was surprised that my sim would care.  I had already received the "oh my Ghost!" opportunity, and figured I'd see what happened.

So, I took the stray's tombstone to the science facilty - and suddenly became the owner of a ghost cat named "Stray Cat"

I began to work on my relationship - and now he's just a happy well adjusted dead cat named "Gusty Gray"

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
Re: Dead Stray Adoption
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 07:08:24 PM »
That's a relatively funny way to meet a new friend.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 08:45:32 PM »
During my newest game, my sim was suddenly aware that death was taking a random stray cat away on my property.  I had never seen it before, so I was surprised that my sim would care.  I had already received the "oh my Ghost!" opportunity, and figured I'd see what happened.

So, I took the stray's tombstone to the science facilty - and suddenly became the owner of a ghost cat named "Stray Cat"

I began to work on my relationship - and now he's just a happy well adjusted dead cat named "Gusty Gray"

Have you figured out if there's a way to restore the ghost cat to a living cat?  Also, what color is the ghost cat?  I did an age transition through the cheats panel to do some testing and the icon of the cat's ghost was red.  Then, later, the same cat died on her own and the ghost icon looks dark gray.  I don't know if it's the white of an old age Sim ghost.  I haven't seen the ghost itself yet, so it's hard to say.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Noshmek

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 10:56:40 PM »
Here's a snap shot of my newest kitty...

Unfortunately, I was not able to see how he died originally, though due to his age being 40 days old, I'm assuming it's old age with my settings.  And, I haven't discovered a way to bring him back to life yet, though I haven't searched either.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

(Sorry about the image - fixed)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 11:26:53 PM »
I'm pretty sure that my cat that died from old age was 50 days old.  We'll have to see if we can find out the different colors of pet ghosts and the causes.

Also, Noshmek, I noticed that you attached your image directly to your post.  On this Forum, attached files are only for the Swap Shop.  Images need to be hosted on an online service like Photobucket or our own Gallery, which is free for members of this Forum for hosting Sims 3 images that are used in posts.  Click here for instructions and information.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Noshmek

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 10:35:17 AM »
Because I find it amusing... I thought I'd share that when my Sim woke up this morning, he decided to give his Ghost Cat a bath... the first attempt failed in "Cat Scratch" - but the second...

Offline Noshmek

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 11:26:39 AM »
By the way, in an alternate time line (before reloading), I ignored my ghost cat, and the Social Worker came to take it away.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Noshmek

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 12:36:08 PM »
I had yet another stray die on my property... this time a dog.  However, when Death left, he took the tombstone with him!

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 03:14:11 PM »
Where do pet tombstones go when a pet dies in town?  Not necessarily a stray; a townie's pet.  Will they go to the regular mausoleum or is there a special pet mausoleum (or do they just vanish)?
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

anything