Author Topic: What do the tunes mean?  (Read 33588 times)

Offline Catarra Nightshade

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
Re: What do the tunes mean?
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2012, 03:08:27 PM »
Whenever I get back to my dynasty...and whenever I hear the tune again, I am going to search all the surrounding area and see if I can find the source of the tune.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2012, 03:38:50 PM »
I know what the tune is.  Last night as I was with my horse and unicorn, the unicorn blessed my horse.  This turned him into a unicorn!  He was an elder, (just had his birthday), and I don't think unicorns are supposed to become elders.  Anyway, once he aged and was blessed, the song played and along came Grim and took away my beautiful new unicorn/horse.  So I believe the song is for when a unicorn dies.  Unicorns are not supposed to die, therefor the very sad sound of the song.

When Grim came for him, no big fanfare. No big whahahahaha.  He just stroked my uni-horse, hugged him, mounted him and flew away with a mixture of black smoke and sparkles.  It was as if Grim was asking him if it was ok for him to be Grimmie's new ride, because before Grim mounted him my uni-horse nodded yes.  I cried for hours.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2012, 05:02:56 PM »
What a sweet story! I teared up as I was reading it.

However, I was in a park watching a unicorn when I heard the tune. (It was the park with the ruins in Union Cove -- very pretty!). I do think it's connected to a unicorn blessing something because the unicorn pawed at the ground and bowed its head, which is when the music started.

If I ever get control of a unicorn, maybe I'll test this theory.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2012, 05:51:41 AM »
No, Marian, I don't think so.  I had a unicorn after befriending him and blessing anyone or anything never brought that particular tune.

My dead horse is now a ghost.  My Sim met him in the garden where he died and fed him produce, brushed him, hugged him, etc. and got those warm fuzzy teddy bear icons of friendship for both of them.  He said he was very tired so she got him a stall which he entered, made it rock and rise, and then he went poof.  Haven't seen him again yet.  I'm going to try to get him to eat ambrosia and see if he will and if he will resurrect like Sims do.

As for the unicorn, he was very sad and lonely so after a few days of being with him and loving on him I released him back to the wild.  This was the saddest thing because he said farewell and that he was going back to the home all unicorns know of and he would never see me again.  More tears for me but at least I didn't have to see him be sad and lonely and it was the best for him.  He didn't die.  They seem to lose some of their magic when they become more horse like and are attached and living with humans.  No sad song for this one.  Just a tinkly, sparkly kind of sound and he was gone.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Noodles

• Occult
  • Guineapig lover ♥
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2012, 06:23:47 AM »
I got the tune again, after a looong while. I went into map view and searched around, and yes indeed, I saw a cloud on the map. Underneath, a unicorn had just appeared. Or I assume the melody marked it's first appearance, as he was in the mids of some swamp and had a sparkly cloud over him. He walked out of the long grass and started eating - he definately was not dying. As long as the cloud was there, the theme was playing (about 15 seconds). This was the first unicorn I ever even saw in game, so I don't know more about them. But I was excited to finally see one, his name is Soldier. :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2012, 07:07:20 AM »
My dead horse is now a ghost.  My Sim met him in the garden where he died and fed him produce, brushed him, hugged him, etc. and got those warm fuzzy teddy bear icons of friendship for both of them.  He said he was very tired so she got him a stall which he entered, made it rock and rise, and then he went poof.  Haven't seen him again yet.  I'm going to try to get him to eat ambrosia and see if he will and if he will resurrect like Sims do.

As for the unicorn, he was very sad and lonely so after a few days of being with him and loving on him I released him back to the wild.  This was the saddest thing because he said farewell and that he was going back to the home all unicorns know of and he would never see me again.  More tears for me but at least I didn't have to see him be sad and lonely and it was the best for him.  He didn't die.  They seem to lose some of their magic when they become more horse like and are attached and living with humans.  No sad song for this one.  Just a tinkly, sparkly kind of sound and he was gone.

Oh, Joria!  That is the saddest story!  Your game did all that?  That's gut-wrenching!  I would be bawling my eyes out.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2012, 06:40:51 PM »
Well, I had a sim break up with another sim and the music that played was THE tune!  So whoever said it was that one, they were right.  I don't know why I did not recognize it before.  So not sure if this is the same tune as everyone else is talking about, but it is the same tune I hear every once in a while, so must be when a sim breaks up with another sim.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2012, 02:44:52 AM »
I probably never here it because I don't have my sims break up often.  8)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2012, 05:58:56 AM »
I probably never here it because I don't have my sims break up often.  8)

Same, Samoht. We are master sim relationship controllers. ;D

Offline makeupinternet

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2012, 11:01:57 AM »
Is anyone sure about this tune? I've heard it several times now and there haven't been any break ups in my sims family, or in their friends families..

Offline Katie123urgreat

• Causton CID
  • Occult
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2012, 08:02:29 PM »
Is anyone sure about this tune? I've heard it several times now and there haven't been any break ups in my sims family, or in their friends families..
To me this tune is exactly the same as the break up tune. But, as other people were saying, it also had something to do with a unicorn. I don't have Pets, so the only time I've heard the tune was from a break up.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DS Ben Jones: I appreciated your trust over the Masons thing.
DCI Tom Barnaby: Trust, Jones, is something hard to win, easy to lose, and never to be taken lightly.
Jones: William Shakespeare, sir?
Barnaby: No! Thomas Barnaby.
-Midsomer Murders

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2012, 03:01:09 AM »
I'm having it now, and there's always a unicorn nearby.

Offline emmalee2013

• Nooboo
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2013, 08:42:07 PM »
well,i just had that happen to me,then a hour later i had a burglar come.  :(

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
  • “But making clichéd Sims is my specialty…”
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2013, 03:09:39 AM »
I’ve never played a file for long without StoryProgression installed, so I doubt I’d encounter this mysterious tune like some of you have. But chances are, whatever it is, it’s being used for multiple things. Maybe doing a test file where you remove almost all the townie households and change the house lots to community lots to prevent them moving back in will help pinpoint the possible source(s).
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.

anything