Author Topic: Upgrade Comments Thread  (Read 15284 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: Upgrade Comments Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2011, 10:05:25 PM »
Yep knew this thread was here lol. I logged in and had a message from Pam and I replied and also asked her why the forums looked weird. I even said in the message there was probably a thread explaining it! I don't know if I like it or not, I was used to the old forums, but I'll try to change the look. Thanks for everything you do here Carl!

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2011, 10:22:11 PM »
I like the new style! My only gripe is that when viewing your PM inbox, clicking the subject line no longer takes you to the message.
Also, posting this, I see that beneath the option "Attachments and other options", there is something about "Download ImageShack Toolbar!", with a text-area beneath it, then a Browse... button, and then a host it! button below that. Since I don't think I was registered when postimage.org was on here, is this the inhouse image posting feature?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Sportsfan

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2011, 10:35:46 PM »
Still can't find the old style.

I think the old one was more friendly to me being on a mobile all the time but oh well

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2011, 10:38:07 PM »
I can't either. I only see four styles, and "core" isn't in any of them.

Regardless, I think I'll keep this one. I quite like it!

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2011, 10:45:07 PM »
Since I don't think I was registered when postimage.org was on here, is this the inhouse image posting feature?
Yes it is. I also thought they had issues with mature content being posted with it so I'm not sure why it was brought back. At the time it was all I used, but nowadays I only use the gallery and photobucket.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2011, 10:51:18 PM »
Colored squares by peoples names so at a glance you know who is a moderator etc. Way cool.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2011, 10:53:18 PM »
Oh and also, I was poking about in my profile, and I noticed I can choose pretty much any avatar, especially the ones already used.
I viewed a few to make sure - I could pick Carl's, Pam's, bshag's, along with some others I don't recognise.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2011, 11:05:14 PM »
Oh and also, I was poking about in my profile, and I noticed I can choose pretty much any avatar, especially the ones already used.
I viewed a few to make sure - I could pick Carl's, Pam's, bshag's, along with some others I don't recognise.
Wow really? If people start choosing other people's avatars that will be very confusing!!On some people I don't even have to look at names, just avatars.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2011, 11:12:01 PM »
Yup, even yours.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2011, 11:21:21 PM »
You won't be able to choose a theme that exactly matches the old one because we're now on a completely different version of the program that runs the Forum.  However, there are themes that are in a similar shade of blue.  You should be able to choose from some blue ones and two green ones.  I'm using the darker green and I absolutely love it.

We realize that this is a major and unexpected change for all of you.  It's just that we've been waiting impatiently for two years for this new version and once it became available, Carl jumped on it.  We've been hoping to change the Forum's color to green for quite awhile, but hadn't found the right way to do it in the old version.  Installing this new version was the perfect opportunity to introduce the green theme and also give everyone a choice to go back to blue if the green is unappealing.  The reason for the green is because it's the color of the Sims 3 plumbob.  ;D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2011, 11:24:25 PM »
I heard you'd been asking Carl about a Plumbob green for a while. ;)

And also, on a possibly unrelated note, randomly when loading a page, I sometimes get a white screen with something along these lines written on it:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/' in /var/www/carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/Themes/greengrass1/index.template.php on line 243

And I'm loving the adjustable post window! (Below where you type a post is a bar. Click and drag to move the size of the posting box.)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2011, 11:26:22 PM »
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/' in /var/www/carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/Themes/greengrass1/index.template.php on line 243

That was a glitch that occurred while Carl was re-installing ads. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2011, 11:27:55 PM »
Mine too? Oh no poor Corny lol. Plumbob green?? Hadn't even thought about that!! I changed mine to a lighter blue/gray so I'm going to check the green out! That's awesome!!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2011, 12:09:05 AM »
Cornelia is safe. That was an unintended setting. I had it pointed to the wrong folder.. as such, Tom's Diablo 3 Barbarian is back and people can again be musicians.

As for the postimage thing, I've removed that. Chalk it up to fatigue... although I have to say they did make it look better.

Sportsfan

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2011, 12:43:14 AM »
Still getting used to it. I like the new smilies, they are funny.
A problem I just had was an ad was covering the recent unread posts button