Author Topic: Witches from Llŷn - The Afon Immortal Dynasty - COMPLETE  (Read 33260 times)

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: Witches from Llŷn - The Afon Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 42: My Writer
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2012, 11:34:33 AM »
279 of the pictures are now replaced, but that's nowhere near all of them! Chapters 15-37 still need replacing.

Moral of this story: Use Carl's gallery for pictures.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: Witches from Llŷn - The Afon Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 42: My Writer
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2012, 02:52:28 PM »
Chapter 43: Graduation

I'm getting nearer to my elder birthday, and so I'm making an effort to keep up my friendships. Some of my friends won't be around all that much longer and I want to spend time with them while I still can.

Seren finally got hold of Jed, and went to meet him to find out why he'd been ignoring her. When she arrived, she found out that he'd aged up to Young Adult and couldn't be seen to hang around with her too much. They went out to dinner at the Bistro, in the hope that they could rekindle their relationship when Seren became a Young Adult too in a few days.

While she waits, she's thrown herself into her writing and is at level five of her career.

And while we wait, we've discovered we all love dancing.

Once again, Seren gets us all up at 6am so that she can have her birthday before the school bus arrives and therefore avoid going to school.

Even more beautiful, isn't she?

She chose a LTW, to be a Professional Author, only to achieve it immediately. She had almost double the weekly royalties she needed!

The next day, she graduates. I've never felt more proud of another person than when watching my daughter head up onto the stage to collect her diploma and prizes. She grauduated as Valedictorian of her class and won the Most Artistic prize, just like Grandma Anwen many years ago.

All of us headed down to the Brightmore to celebrate and to check out the renovations I'd had done when I bought it. I bought Seren her first drink.

Grandma Megan attempted to learn some new drinks mixes to try out at home.

Grandma Anwen, Grandma Eleri and Mum headed straight for the dancefloor.

I went to join them, and found them all having a great time.

Grandma Rhiannon and Seren tried out the bubble bar. Next time we go there, I want a go!

I may have embarrassed myself slightly though. I think I had a little bit too much juice, and somehow ended up dancing on the bar. But, what's a good night without trying new things?

Eleri Afon - 1st Generation: IMMORTAL
Rhiannon Afon - 2nd Generation - IMMORTAL
Anwen Afon - 3rd Generation - IMMORTAL
Megan Afon - 4th Generation - IMMORTAL
Gwenlyn Afon - 5th Generation - IMMORTAL

Adlais Afon - 6th Generation

LTW: Rockstar
Career: Music (6/10)
SuperMax Skill: Guitar (needs Guitar Star still)
Building: Theatre
Property: The Brightmore

Lifetime Rewards: Hover Bed,
Best Friends: Seren Afon, Adam Snowden, Kasey Escamilla
Opportunities: Tons of Tips, The Set Up, Guitar Up!, Stick Around for the Music, Some Hogan Rock, (celeb opp, will remember name!)
Paintings: Toddler, Child, Teen, YA, Adult
Ice Sculptures: Toddler, Child, Teen, YA, Adult

Seren Afon - 7th Generation
LTW: Professional Author
Career: Writer (5/10)
SuperMax Skill: Writing
Building: Bookstore
Property: Library
Lifetime Rewards:
Best Friends:
Opportunities: The Writing Club, A History of One
Paintings: Toddler, Child, Teen, YA
Ice Sculptures: Toddler, Child, Teen

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Re: Witches from Llŷn - The Afon Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 43
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2012, 03:56:43 PM »
Haha, that was funny to see her on the table! Seren is very beautiful, in my games I don't usually get that good looking offsprings.  :P
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Chapter 44 - Six Immortals

I'm going to get the bad news out of the way first. My husband, Wade, died. Here's the last picture we have of him alive, completing his LTW of being a One Sim Band.

I miss him.

In the hope of cheering me up, Grandma Anwen wore a medieval costume to her ceremony for services to fashion. The look on the mayors face was priceless. I don't know if he thought she was being serious!

And it did cheer me up. I suspect that she zapped me with her moodlet manager when I wasn't looking, though, because the mayor's face wasn't that funny.

A couple of days later it was time for my elder birthday. I wanted a quiet celebration at home to avoid showing the world my wrinkles, but Grandma Rhiannon organised me a pool party at the swim centre. Because aging up to elder in your swimming costume is always going to be a good idea. However, in this family there's times you don't argue, and I got the impression that this was going to be one of them.

Grey hair. Eurgh. How can I achieve my goal of become a rockstar with this grey hair?!

Luckily, Grandma Anwen showed that she doesn't really think medieval robes are good fashion sense and gave me a hand with dying my hair back to normal and finding some clothes which were both suitable for an elder and for a potential rockstar.

And now, the race was on to get my final promotion before I could eat ambrosia. I'd taken a lot of time off for marriage, childrearing and to try and get all the opportunities I needed to become a Guitar Star, and I was only on level seven of my career when I aged up.

A week and a half later, I walked out of the theatre with my final promotion. Grandma Anwen had done my painting and sculpture, and Grandma Eleri had promised to have a plate of Ambrosia ready for me when I got home. Did I want to become immortal? Yes. Was I ready? I'm not sure I could ever have been.

I ate the Ambrosia, knowing I had just made the biggest decision of my life. We are three quarters of the way there now, and I just hope my daughter and granddaughter don't resent me for the choice I have made here. Seren cannot marry, the rules say that the eighth generation must be brought in without marrying in a man to help. And her daughter is not allowed to marry at all. If they are reading this, I hope they don't resent my choice.

I am immortal.

I walked upstairs to give this book to Seren. She'd been writing at her computer all day, determined to get to level eight of her career before she thought about children.

But when I entered the room, she was gone.

@alex: thanks! I thought that by this point the genetics would probably have gone a bit weird, but I think she's actually prettier than the sim I made!

Adlais Afon - 6th Generation - IMMORTAL

LTW: Rockstar
Career: Music
SuperMax Skill: Guitar
Property: The Brightmore
Lifetime Rewards: Hover Bed,
Best Friends: Seren Afon, Adam Snowden, Kasey Escamilla
Opportunities: Tons of Tips, The Set Up, Guitar Up!, Stick Around for the Music, Some Hogan Rock, Make-A-Dream
Paintings: Toddler, Child, Teen, YA, Adult, Elder
Ice Sculptures: Toddler, Child, Teen, YA, Adult, Elder

Career: Writer (7/10)
Property: Library
Lifetime Rewards: Master of Seduction, Acclaimed Author
Best Friends:
Opportunities: The Writing Club, A History of One, A Small Painting, Tear Up The Dance Floor
Ice Sculptures: Toddler, Child, Teen, YA

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Congrats on your sixth immortal! I wonder where Seren went? ???

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Chapter 45 - Disappeared

As my mum became the sixth immortal of our family, I found myself here. I'd been working on my latest book when I heard Grandma Rhiannon cheering and the whoosh of the Ambrosia working, and then silence and a ring of stones.

I'd been brought up on stories of witches and magic and immortality. It wasn't as though I didn't believe in strange happenings. And I knew they could always happen to me, too, coming from a family like mine.

One of them had writing on it. Tall letters, with a message I realised as I walked up to it was meant for me.

"The Eighth should not be born. It will be harder than you think."

Who the eighth was was obvious. There were to be eight immortals in the dynasty my Grandma Eleri had to create, with me being the seventh. I needed a daughter to finish the line. But harder than you think? Sure, Jed, the boy I'd had a crush on since the first days of high school, wasn't the easiest man to get hold of. But I knew that bit wasn't going to be easy. It must be something else. And I had a horrible feeling that Ifanna was involved with this.

It was then that I saw the book, sat on the grass behind me. History dictates that I shouldn't have picked it up, not after Grandma Megan, but I couldn't stop myself. It had barely been in my hand for a second when everything went dark.

My family had known something was wrong and had sent out a search party. Grandmas Anwen and Megan checked out the obvious places, although I think they knew I hadn't nipped down to the consignment store or taken a book back to the library. Grandma Eleri drove round checking the harder to reach areas. Grandma Rhiannon went to the hospital. Grandma Gwenlyn checked the military base and the sports stadium. It was Mum who found me.

When she woke me I told her what I had seen. She couldn't read the writing on the stone, but for me it had changed. It read now, "The Eighth could stop it all. You cannot succeed."

We ran home to speak to Grandma Eleri, finding her in the immortal museum where we keep the paintings and sculptures that document our lives so far.

"Do you know what it all means?" I asked her, when I had finished my explanation.

"No," she admitted. "I fear that it is Ifanna, as you do. But she would normally have appeared."

"Could we be too strong for her?" asked Mum.

"We have got stronger since she last visited, with six immortals now not three. But we have no power on this earth anymore, we cannot recharge ourselves like she can. Magically, she is stronger than all of us combined, and with that power she doesn't need any more strength. May I see the book?"

I was reluctant to hand it over to her. I hadn't been alive when Grandma Megan had read the book that she had been given, but I knew it's power. Grandma Eleri knew too, though, and instead of opening the book examined it's exterior carefully.

"This isn't the same as Megan's book, it has no power," she said finally. "This is of the same age and bindings as the one which gave me the rules of this immortal dynasty. It's safe. But that doesn't mean it won't be important."

She spent the rest of the day reading and rereading it at the kitchen table. Nobody interrupted, and the mood in the house was tense.

At dinnertime, she called over Grandma Gwenlyn to read it. Gwen and her had a deep discussion, and it was clear something important was in that book.

"What did it say?" I asked her.

"It's safe to have a child," Grandma Eleri replied. "And probably better done soon. But as for everything else, we'll tell you all when we know more."

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: Witches from Llŷn - The Afon Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 46: Gen Eight
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2012, 11:04:42 AM »
Chapter 46 - Generation Eight

So have a child I did.

I'm afraid I got a bit of a cheater reputation, too. Jed, well, he hasn't spoken to me since I was a teen. I don't consider him a romantic interest any more, but in the eyes of the town he is.

But, meet Amos Byers. We met at the art gallery, completely by chance.

And then I found myself doing this...

...and then this...

...and finally this.

Pregnancy for me was fairly easy. I didn't get much in the way of morning sickness and I was able to continue writing.

Everyone in the family was overjoyed to have another nooboo on the way. Grandma Anwen particularly had a soft spot for my bump, and could barely see me walk past without making me stop so she could talk to the little one. I just hope they're all this enthusiastic when it comes out!

I went into labour late at night in the kitchen. Grandma Eleri, despite having witnessed the birth of seven nooboos in the house and given birth to three of her own, freaked out.

Dad came out of his grave to freak out with her. It's not as if they're even the ones doing this!

Welcome baby Taryn. She's our eighth generation and is a Vegetarian and Friendly.

The nooboo years, I have to say, are a blur. It seems like I didn't need to worry about getting any help, as with six grandmothers I barely spent any time with little Taryn. I did get to carry her to her first birthday cake myself though.

And...

...toddler! Her favourite colour is orange, but she refused to wear any of the little dresses Grandma Anwen tried to put her in. So jeans and t-shirts for my little girl it is, then!

Yes, Seren did literally proposition someone in the art gallery. She's had a RI since prom, but he'd only agreed to meet up with her once at this point so I wasn't even able to break it off. Oddly, after she had Taryn, he started answering her calls again.

As I'm not sure anyone's reading this, I'm going to be wrapping this up fairly quickly now. I don't want to abandon the story, though, as in my game, Taryn just turned YA so I can see the finish line!

Career: Writer
Property: Library (lvl 3)
Lifetime Rewards: Master of Seduction, Acclaimed Author,
Best Friends: Taryn Afon, Dianne Isbell, Shamika Lockwood, Star Lau, Elisa Garett, Jed Ortega
Opportunities: The Writing Club, A History of One, A Small Painting, Tear Up The Dance Floor
Ice Sculptures: Toddler, Child, Teen, YA

Taryn Afon - 8th Generation
Paintings: Toddler
Ice Scuptures: Toddler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
Congratulations on the birth of Gen 8! Can't wait to see how little Taryn turns out. :)

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
I'm sure more people read this than you think, just not all want to comment. Welcome Taryn. This is so exciting, I can't wait to see what happens next.  ;D What will her supermax be?

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Chapter 47 - Growing On Up

My adult birthday took me rather by surprise. I wasn't far off my goals now. Finishing my next book would hopefully promote me to level ten of my career. My building and property were in place, my skill was completed, my best friends were in place and with my charisma challenges they would stay that way. I needed just a few more opportunities.

Taryn was doted over by everyone in the household. Here she is having her morning bottle in her high chair, fed to her by Grandma Eleri.

Here's Grandma Anwen teaching her to walk.

And to potty, which Grandma Gwenlyn also helped with.

Mum and I taught her to talk, but we don't have any shots of that. I also made sure to play with her as much as I could. She loves being tickled, and I love hearing her giggle.

Grandma Megan carried her to her cake when it was time for her to become a child.

She doesn't look convinced she wants to age up, does she?

But birthdays wait for nobody...

...and she becomes a child. I told her that if the wind changes, she'd stay like that.

Here are some better shots. Once again, there were no dresses even considered by my little girl.

I'd say she's having a pretty fun-filled childhood. If it's not her block table, it's hopscotch or dressing as a dinosaur.

@alex: As you may have guessed from the block table, Taryn's doing handiness. I'd been saving the broken objects since Jack's death at about gen 5 so it's a nice easy one for her.

@Lasnien: Thanks!

Lifetime Rewards: Master of Seduction, Acclaimed Author,
Best Friends: Taryn Afon, Dianne Isbell, Shamika Lockwood, Star Lau, Elisa Garett, Jed Ortega
Opportunities: The Writing Club, A History of One, A Small Painting, Tear Up The Dance Floor, Save the Herding,
Paintings: Toddler, Child, Teen, YA, Adult
Ice Sculptures: Toddler, Child, Teen, YA, Adult

LTW:
Career:
SuperMax Skill: Handiness
Building:
Property:
Lifetime Rewards:
Best Friends:
Opportunities: Scavenger Hunt: Precious Metals
Paintings: Toddler, Child
Ice Scuptures: Toddler, Child

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
That picture of her in the highchair is so cute! Its nice to see a tomboy in the dynasty.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Chapter 48: Seven Immortals

First, Taryn's teen birthday. We told her to make a wish when she blew out the candles.

Here she is as a teen. I think she looks quite a lot like me, just with darker hair.

Much to Grandma Anwen's surprise she's taken less of a hatred towards skirts. Apparently there's a much better way to bother your great-great-great-grandma, and that's skull print legwarmers.

She's known about the dynasty from an early age, but it was at this point we decided to explain it to her in it's full detail. We took her down to see the immortal museuml, but she got distracted by the pile of old junk in one of the other basement rooms and decided to fix it. She spent much of her first week as a teenager down there fixing all the old sinks, bathtubs and computers we'd stored down there.

We did get her to come up from there occasionally, though. We did a spot of mother-daughter bonding in the form of a pillow-fight. I think some of the elders would have rather we did something less violent.

She often brings her best friend, Brigette Perez, home from school. They're always talking about sports and video games. I'm sure I talked about boys, makeup and clothes when I was her age, but each to their own.

Neither of them had a date to the prom, so they went solo. Taryn got into two different fights but was crowned prom queen, so I think overall she had a good night. But it's hard to tell with teenagers.

We also bought her a sports car. Spoilt teenager, or what?

And onto my big news now. I had my elder birthday, and aged up with such an awful hairstyle that everyone was too terrified to take any pictures of it.

I still look young after my makeover, right?

Most elders stop and rest when they reach that birthday. In this family, there's a flurry of activity. Grandma Anwen got started on my portrait and ice sculpture while Grandma Eleri cooked my first dish of ambrosia.

Eleri and Mum gathered in the kitchen to support me as I ate my first bites of the dish. All these years of writing, however, and I can't even begin to describe the taste.

I stood up as the sparkles overwhelmed me.

I was immortal.

@alex: I know, she was an adorable toddler. I couldn't really see a sim that was going to supermax handiness as a girly-girl.

Seren Afon - 7th Generation - IMMORTAL

Lifetime Rewards: Master of Seduction, Acclaimed Author, Above Reproach
Opportunities: The Writing Club, A History of One, A Small Painting, Tear Up The Dance Floor, Save the Herding, Best Food In Town
Paintings: Toddler, Child, Teen, YA, Adult, Elder
Ice Sculptures: Toddler, Child, Teen, YA, Adult, Elder

LTW:
Career:
Building:
Property:
Lifetime Rewards:
Best Friends:
Opportunities: Scavenger Hunt: Precious Metals, After School Employment
Paintings: Toddler, Child, Teen
Ice Scuptures: Toddler, Child, Teen

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Seren still looks great as an elder and Taryn is so pretty! They both have almost spookly perfect looks.  :)

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: Witches from Llŷn - The Afon Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 49: Taryn
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2012, 10:22:31 AM »
Chapter 49: Taryn

My name is Taryn, and I'm the eight generation heiress to this immortal dynasty.

I was still a teenager when Mum became immortal. It's weird being the only young person in a house full of elders that are going to live forever, and probably the only thing weirder is knowing you're going to be becoming immortal yourself, transporting through time and space and living as queen of a witch-clan. Yeah. Most other girls at school were planning futures of having kids with their boyfriend, becoming an actress or working down at the spa and partying.

I spend quite a lot of time just trying to make sense of it all, really.

Oh, yeah, and did I mention that we're all celebrities, and therefore I can't even upgrade the teleporter without some pap taking a picture of me and sticking it in the Riverview Chronicle?

I like fixing things. Working out how to get the sink to stop spraying water at Grandma Adlais or how to make the graphics better on Grandma Gwenlyn's computer is simple and straightforward. You know that if you tighten the washers or put in a better graphics card, a certain outcome will happen. Makes a pleasant change from living in this household. So, when Grandma Eleri told me I'd have to choose a skill, handiness was the obvious option.

I knew practically all there was to know about it by the time I reached the end of my teens, in fact. Here I am doing my tenth upgrade, changing the doorbell noise to one that won't make Grandma Rhiannon jump.

As usual for birthdays in this house, we didn't throw a party and just had a celebration at home. Really, there's enough of us anyway to make a head-splitting noise with the party blowers and clackers. I was quite looking forward to becoming a Young Adult, if just to get free of curfew.

You wouldn't expect that someone who's so old would still know so much about fashion, but Grandma Anwen did her traditional makeover magic on me. I'm still not sold on the dress, but I guess for parties you do have to dress up a bit.

More proof of Grandma Anwen's makeover magic; she turned this...

...into this! I think I'd have just run away screaming. Mostly from the hairstyle, if nothing else.

And talking of super-grannies, Grandma Megan is nearly as old but is still fighting burglars! When she challenged him to a fight apparently he started laughing, but that quickly turned into running away as fast as his little legs would carry him.

Really, however much I complain about it being granny central round here, I love them all. And when we had to do family trees in primary school, it was dead easy.

They all accompanied me to my graduation, too. I was Valedictorian, obviously, and voted Most Likely to Get Electrocuted. Excuse me?!? I think I know enough about electricals now to avoid that, thank you very much. I'd almost be offended if I did get electrocuted.

And then I went off to join the business career. I'd thought long and hard about what it was I wanted to do as a career. There isn't really many jobs going in Riverview for a handy sim. But then I heard that the business office didn't actually need any skills other than the ability to sweet-talk your boss, and that's gotta be easy, right?

Turns out it is. I shot up to Division Manager in no time, and it's only a matter of time before I'm CEO of that place!

I think this is the hardest part of the dynasty so far. Taryn is six days from adult and is at level six of her career, has all of her opps and her skill complete, plus all the charisma challenges so that when she starts trying for her best friend she'll have them near-instantly. The temptation to cake her up is so strong! It'd be a shame to fail the dynasty right at the end, though, so it's time to think up some things to do with my elders to keep me amused while I wait for Taryn to age, basically.

Seren Afon - 7th Generation - IMMORTAL

LTW: Become a CEO
Career: Business
Building: Doo Peas Corporate Towers
Property:
Lifetime Rewards: Hardly Hungry, Excellent Groupie
Best Friends:
Opportunities: Scavenger Hunt: Precious Metals, After School Employment, Getting to Know...You, A Farewell to Paper, A Charming Experiment, A Public Speaking Event
Ice Scuptures: Toddler, Child, Teen, YA

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Re: Witches from Llŷn - The Afon Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 49: Taryn
« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2012, 03:34:21 PM »
Taryn is my favorite! I always knew that if I ever did a dynasty (deca or immortal) that'd I have a handy sim also be in the buisness career.