Author Topic: The Ultimate Magic Gnome Thread  (Read 207855 times)

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
Re: Magic/Mysterious Gnomes: How Many
« Reply #195 on: September 18, 2010, 01:45:24 AM »

It feels good to have my gnome's stamp of approval upon the new zen bathroom I built.

By the way, lighting is a curse in this game. I've just discovered the buydebug invisible light sources, with which I'll be replacing the intrusive lights.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #196 on: September 18, 2010, 01:55:32 AM »
I just finished playing an inventor Sim, I really wish I had taken a picture of this, for some reason it never occurred to me to take a picture.

I would send my Sim to the junkyard to salvage so he had many nice things to blow up on his property.  Almost every single time he was about to blow something up, ta da, a gnome would show up on a salvaged table next to the item that was getting destroyed.  Thankfully it was never a big explosion so the remaining pieces were untouched and the gnome safe & sound.  But my gnome had a death wish. A lot of death wishes.
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #197 on: September 18, 2010, 02:07:29 AM »
I just finished playing an inventor Sim, I really wish I had taken a picture of this, for some reason it never occurred to me to take a picture.

I would send my Sim to the junkyard to salvage so he had many nice things to blow up on his property.  Almost every single time he was about to blow something up, ta da, a gnome would show up on a salvaged table next to the item that was getting destroyed.  Thankfully it was never a big explosion so the remaining pieces were untouched and the gnome safe & sound.  But my gnome had a death wish. A lot of death wishes.

Do you realize you can make tons of money off those salvaged items? With that money you could buy a zillion times as much scrap. Just collect the items on your lawn, call the repairman, and s/he'll stand there for minutes or hours, apparently doing nothing...then s/he leaves, collects $50 and you have all new items to sell.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #198 on: September 18, 2010, 02:09:32 AM »
I found a $300 table and a $500 tv once, not a bad profit for a day!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #199 on: September 18, 2010, 02:11:45 AM »
You can make tens of thousands in a day from salvage and collecting rocks on the lot, if you're lucky. One really good thing to grab is the fortune cookie maker. You'll recognize it by the sparks it gives off. It's worth 2-3K I think.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #200 on: September 18, 2010, 02:11:58 AM »
My man had sculpted a gnome and I put him downstairs. He was not happy I guess cause as soon as he finished a table, the gnome was sitting on it. It was quite funny!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #201 on: September 18, 2010, 02:13:27 AM »
My little sim has been sculpting his heart out, but this time, no gnomes.  I really miss having them around.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #202 on: September 18, 2010, 02:15:47 AM »
I just had a thought! What if a Gnome was on a Sculpted table and you then sold the table?  :-X
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #203 on: September 18, 2010, 02:32:54 AM »
It'd probably sell the gnome too. I had a phone on a table, sold the table and the phone went too.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #204 on: September 18, 2010, 03:06:01 PM »
For some reason I'm not getting any normal gnomes in my games anymore, unless I use the XL display, which doesn't count. Before I had WA or Ambitions my garden was full of them. Now I can't remember how I got them. Sending in gems and metals? I'm still doing plenty of that. What have I forgotten?

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #205 on: September 18, 2010, 03:29:34 PM »
For some reason I'm not getting any normal gnomes in my games anymore, unless I use the XL display, which doesn't count. Before I had WA or Ambitions my garden was full of them. Now I can't remember how I got them. Sending in gems and metals? I'm still doing plenty of that. What have I forgotten?

I never was able to receive a 'normal' gnome by mailing off gems or metals.  My simmies usually 'reeled' them in.  Maybe you should try 'fishing'?  ;)
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #206 on: September 18, 2010, 03:51:16 PM »
In one game, my sim got two wooden ones and two metal ones and about every other time they mailed gems or metals off, they would get a gnome, so come to think about it, I have not gotten one in a long time either, wonder what is up with that.  I know it is all random, but if just like, quit.  You made me think about that one. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #207 on: September 18, 2010, 04:03:43 PM »
I must really have problems with my game then as I have never been able to receive them in the mail. 
But come to think of it, the family I play with all the time has not had a new gnome added since the patch and installation of Fast Lanes.   ???  And not to change the subject, but I have noticed that I am not getting multiple (additional) gems or metal back in the mail like I used to either. 
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #208 on: September 18, 2010, 04:44:25 PM »
It's true, I haven't been fishing as much as I used to, but I did recently have a sim who earned Perfect Aquarium, so you'd think he'd have gotten at least one gnome.

I've only recently learned that gems can decrease in value upon returning from a vacation, so I've been mailing in and cashing in my metals and gems while still in China. I have gotten several Chinese gnomes. But no normal gnomes when I send off gems from home. :(

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #209 on: September 20, 2010, 02:49:10 PM »
Soon after my last post I received 2 normal gnomes in the mail with cut gems. I put them outside and haven't seen them since. It's strange that the Chinese, Egyptian, and Trog gnomes are all over the place but a search of the entire lot turns up no normal gnomes.

anything