Author Topic: The Ultimate Magic Gnome Thread  (Read 207337 times)

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
Re: Magic/Mysterious Gnomes: How Many
« Reply #240 on: November 08, 2010, 05:56:20 PM »
So do the gnomes move or something? Are they just limited to certain expansions? I have all but WA and I haven't seen moving gnomes. Though I did see a picture of a metal gnome. Is that something that can be invented? Is that the moving gnome? I thought they were just decorations so I wasn't even thinking about them but it seems they have advanced from TS2.

How do I get in on the gnome-frenzy?  ???

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #241 on: November 08, 2010, 06:46:04 PM »
You can get mysterious mr. gnomes from sending off gems and metals to be cut and smelted, the more you send off at the same time, the better chance of getting one or 5.  You can also get them by fishing and pulling up the little boxes with some kind of treasure inside. I have seen many members also comment that the vampire one just shows up on the lot.  The mysterious gnomes will move around midnight, they will just magically poof and show up some where else and in a different pose.  They love the garden and seem to gravitate to the nectar racks like they want some. They will also turn the tv on and the stereo. The metal mysterious gnome is from inventing or could be from sculpting with metal.  Good luck getting them.  Sometimes they are plentiful and sometimes not.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #242 on: November 08, 2010, 09:37:14 PM »
Really? I have plenty of minerals but I rarely smelt them. I guess I'll get on that in my regular family game. Or maybe once the Dynasty gets booming. Thanks for the advice.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #243 on: November 09, 2010, 01:23:43 AM »
I have seen many members also comment that the vampire one just shows up on the lot. 

According to the Prima Guide, they only show up if you're growing Plasma Fruit.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline smuffy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #244 on: November 10, 2010, 02:57:23 AM »
And they fly. Anyone else seen them do this?

Offline GenTheHen

• Townie
« Reply #245 on: November 10, 2010, 10:59:21 PM »
Which gnome flies?
smuffy the photo is too small I can't see.

Offline smuffy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #246 on: November 10, 2010, 11:57:47 PM »
Sorry, it's a vampire gnome. I was trying to keep it small as I know how long it takes big pics to load on my computer. Here's a bigger one:

And they can turn teddy bears into vampire gnomes, so I now have two meandering around the house. Interestingly, I've caught them sunbaking on the outside tables a couple of times, but they don't seem to have any ill effects from it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #247 on: November 11, 2010, 02:06:55 AM »
Hope I don't get any in my legacy since I have a room of recoloured teddies... My Dynasty just started growing Plasma fruits so maybe some will turn up.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Nilla

• Townie
« Reply #248 on: November 11, 2010, 08:29:41 AM »

I also got a vampire gnome from plasma fruit and one night it looked almost like the other gnomes were afraid of her. I moved the two travel gnomes closer to her for the picture but the other two were positioned just like that.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #249 on: November 11, 2010, 01:26:12 PM »
I think we can see who's the boss around there! Great pic!
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #250 on: November 11, 2010, 09:05:27 PM »
Goodness those are gnomes? I think I am playing this game way wrong. Because I am missing out on all the Gnome excitement. I think I have a gnome in my inventory but I don't think it moves. At least I don't think it did. I always figured it was just the garden statue. Maybe I'll put it out in the garden and see what happens.

Great pic!

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #251 on: November 11, 2010, 11:01:58 PM »
Goodness those are gnomes? I think I am playing this game way wrong. Because I am missing out on all the Gnome excitement. I think I have a gnome in my inventory but I don't think it moves. At least I don't think it did. I always figured it was just the garden statue. Maybe I'll put it out in the garden and see what happens.

The Sims Wiki has a picture of each type of gnome here (scroll down the page for individual pics). This will help you identify yours. Be patient. Some gnomes take sim days or weeks to start moving around, but it's worth the wait!
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline sdinger70

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #252 on: November 12, 2010, 09:44:34 AM »
I ended up with two of the Gnomes of Invention and the Troglodyte, also. When I got the first gnome, I tossed it in the shack my sim was living in at the time. Later, when I was about to detonate a pile of junk from the junkyard, I almost fell out of my chair - the gnome had moved out by the junk!

A pleasant surprise, and a very cool addition to the game.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #253 on: November 13, 2010, 01:32:40 AM »
Is there a section on Gnomology in the guide that I just didn't see? I did a search and checked Carl's site map and didn't see anything.

The Sims Wiki has a picture of each type of gnome here (scroll down the page for individual pics). This will help you identify yours. Be patient. Some gnomes take sim days or weeks to start moving around, but it's worth the wait!

Thanks I'll have to check that out I guess.

I ended up with two of the Gnomes of Invention and the Troglodyte, also. When I got the first gnome, I tossed it in the shack my sim was living in at the time. Later, when I was about to detonate a pile of junk from the junkyard, I almost fell out of my chair - the gnome had moved out by the junk!

A pleasant surprise, and a very cool addition to the game.

Sounds very cool. You should send a pic. If not in the forum PM it to me if you prefer.

Sara

« Reply #254 on: November 20, 2010, 08:44:58 PM »
If only sculptors could cut gnomes from gems.. :P Found a lot of different gnomes at the pawn shop and by using rabbit hole adventures (such as the time machine).