Author Topic: The Sims 3 - Showtime EP06  (Read 118923 times)

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 - Showtime EP06
« Reply #120 on: December 09, 2011, 05:53:41 PM »
Exactly. Bars without pool tables, bands without singers, clubs without DJ's, lounges without caraoke, and so many celebrities related to only film industry. Magicians and cirques would suit Generations better.
I'm waiting for seasons since base game - how naive I was to expect that they would include it in base game, and here, 2 years later there is still no weather in the game! Of course I'm dissapointed.
I am looking forward to more involving activities, which this EP might bring in. I tend to play adventurers and Amb professions so having more things to do is a bonus. I still think that this EP should be included in previous EP's, and that they should give us Seasons.
And lastly, I'm terrified of what will this EP bring in terms of bugs, specially this social part and sharing Sims, and that I will probably have to lower the settings on minimum just to load the game.  ::)

I do agree with this too, that is why I mentioned Generations EP too.

I'm like you. I loved all the new professions in Ambitions and it kept me entertained for a long time. I've found the subsequent EPs a little thin.  I just don't see where this is going to add a lot of game play. I'm hoping it will and that I'll be wrong. Once I got over the novelty of the rest of the EPs, well I'm just not a person who enjoys repeating the same stuff. And with all respect to the players here who love their babies and legacies, they (as in EA) haven't included a lot lately for the players who don't use themes like that in how they play.

Offline YZJay

• Occult
« Reply #121 on: December 09, 2011, 08:45:06 PM »
Well I hope this won't be the last EP. I'm still waiting for a weather themed EP. Maybe the Sims team can add it to Showtime, like when they planned to add weather to Late Night but never got to?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Sportsfan

« Reply #122 on: December 09, 2011, 09:55:54 PM »
They planned to add weather to LN?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #123 on: December 09, 2011, 10:11:24 PM »
From a website about LN:

She said that they wanted to include the weather in this expansion, but they postponed its inclusion to make a great weather not only a marginal function in an EP with a lot of stuff.

Sportsfan

« Reply #124 on: December 09, 2011, 10:36:13 PM »
Oh okay. I didn't even know about sims back then.

Offline YZJay

• Occult
« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2011, 01:00:58 AM »
About the singing skill, I have a bad feeling about sims trying to sing for the first time, better be able to quickly mute the game.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2011, 01:06:26 AM »
Well I hope this won't be the last EP. I'm still waiting for a weather themed EP. Maybe the Sims team can add it to Showtime, like when they planned to add weather to Late Night but never got to?

We'll probably see 4 more expansion packs before they're done.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2011, 02:05:46 AM »
About the singing skill, I have a bad feeling about sims trying to sing for the first time, better be able to quickly mute the game.
I think it will be funny when sims learn the singing skill ;)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2011, 03:58:34 AM »
I think it will be funny when sims learn the singing skill ;)
I agree. The first couple times lol. Like with everything though, after you've seen/heard it a few times it gets old and sometimes annoying haha.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #129 on: December 10, 2011, 11:34:24 AM »
Sounds like a lot of social media to me, I just hope it doesn't require you to spam your internet friends with requests like Sims Social or Farmville does.  Having said that I'll probably get it some day.
Cynthia

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #130 on: December 10, 2011, 11:51:30 AM »
As long as the singing skill doesn't turn out like the few songs your Sims can learn in WA.  After one of my Sims learned how to sing...I think it was Ping and his Checkers, he was singing all the time.  I think one time, he even sang it in his sleep.  I'm just hoping that won't be the case with the singing skill.  Though it does make me wonder, I'm sure the skill will be like several others, keeping track of the number of times your Sim sings, as well as what songs they know.  I'm curious as to if the WA songs you can learn will be part of that list.  As well as what songs our Sims can learn and sing.

Offline NeonColors

• Townie
  • Smile (:
« Reply #131 on: December 10, 2011, 05:31:47 PM »
I'll porably SimPort to my sister's game.  ;D
And I cannot wait to see what the new Occult is!
Life sucks, and then you die.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #132 on: December 10, 2011, 09:33:23 PM »
I know we have Vampires, which are magical but I would love to see a witch. With powers like telekinesis, being able to freeze or blow things up, orbing and premonitions. I myself think that's a charming idea!  ;D

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #133 on: December 10, 2011, 10:02:35 PM »
I'll put my money on zombies. They seem to be the up and coming horror genre on TV. I'd rather have a witch for a magical fortune teller but I'll bet it's zombies.

Offline YZJay

• Occult
« Reply #134 on: December 10, 2011, 10:17:17 PM »
There seems to be an overwhelming number of negative responses to this ep in the official sims community, I just can't understand what's so boring about showtime.

anything