Author Topic: Patch 1.29  (Read 25847 times)

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
Re: Patch 1.29
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2012, 04:06:03 AM »
Thanks for the link. My problem is solved. It had something to do with Union Cove and after turning the grafics down it works fine. The only problem I have with this patch nog is that my game is really slow. The only thing that seems to work is to turn the internet off.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2012, 11:12:53 AM »
No problem! I'm glad it was fixed. And if you are playing Union Cove, I'm sure it's slow because its just a huge world! I can't really play it right now because of the amount of lag I get. :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2012, 03:46:49 PM »
It actually is a good idea to turn off the internet, that way you don't have all those processes and programs running.  People don't realize, myself included, that playing with internet on, it uses up memory and slows you game down.  That may not always be the case, but as more expansions are installed, might be a good idea.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2012, 03:48:51 PM »
It actually is a good idea to turn off the internet, that way you don't have all those processes and programs running.  People don't realize, myself included, that playing with internet on, it uses up memory and slows you game down.  That may not always be the case, but as more expansions are installed, might be a good idea.
I've never even thought of that. How exactly do you do that Salty? I have cable and internet together, and I have a modem on my tower connected to the internet. I also have another computer connected through it so how could I say turn mine off while keeping the other one on? Hopefully that makes sense.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2012, 05:59:24 PM »
Esther, if your computer is connected to the internet via a wire just unplug the wire i.e. Ethernet cord. If it is connected via a wireless card the turn that off on the computer you play sims on. Does that make sense?

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2012, 06:12:14 PM »
Yes it does! Thanks Nicky! Will that affect the other computer though? I would think so.

Offline Seera1024

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2012, 06:57:54 PM »
I've never even thought of that. How exactly do you do that Salty? I have cable and internet together, and I have a modem on my tower connected to the internet. I also have another computer connected through it so how could I say turn mine off while keeping the other one on? Hopefully that makes sense.

How is the computer you play on connected to the modem? With a cable? Wireless? With a cable, I'd just try unplugging the cord (after letting others know just in case it crashes the network, but it shouldn't or your computer could never shut down without killing everyone else's internet). I've never really played around with turning off internet off of a wired connection (the name for being connected through a cable).

Wireless, you should be able to disconnect from the network. Usually that's down at the bottom and at least on Windows 7 it's a signal strength bar.

I personally never played without the internet. My old desktop probably would have played the games easier with it off, but the wireless adaptor I had was a pain in the rear to get to connect to the network. I had to jump through hoops to get connected to a wireless network.

My new desktop doesn't have an issue playing the game with internet running.

But if you are having lag issues, turning off things like the internet isn't a bad idea. Just remember to occasionally keep it on when you load the launcher if you get your patches through the launcher.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2012, 05:44:48 AM »
You can also turn off internet by going into your "internet connections", find your connection and right click and disable the internet.  It will only affect your computer and no one elses.  Just remember to go back and enable it again.  That is the way I do mine. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2012, 04:14:31 PM »
Yes it does! Thanks Nicky! Will that affect the other computer though? I would think so.

Esther, doing that only affects the computer you are using. Your other computer will remain connected to the internet. As long as you don't turn off your modem/wireless router.

Back onto the topic. I patched now I have some serious travel bugs I didn't have before. Am I the only one?

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2012, 05:19:35 PM »
How is the computer you play on connected to the modem? With a cable? Wireless? With a cable, I'd just try unplugging the cord (after letting others know just in case it crashes the network, but it shouldn't or your computer could never shut down without killing everyone else's internet). I've never really played around with turning off internet off of a wired connection (the name for being connected through a cable).
Cable connected from the modem to my computer. I don't think I'm going to do it right now, it may have helped when I was having lagging issues but that was resolved by moving towns.
Back onto the topic. I patched now I have some serious travel bugs I didn't have before. Am I the only one?
I haven't traveled since patching, but traveling is (or was?) buggy anyways. I never travel unless it's a game I don't really care about. The notes "said" WA bugs were fixed, but I don't really trust it.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
« Reply #130 on: January 21, 2012, 05:43:26 PM »
Yeah, I thought it was. I read around and so I traveled with my legacy. Now I have serious glitches with the family.