Author Topic: Sims 3 keeps crashing  (Read 5427 times)

Offline Livi

• Nooboo
Sims 3 keeps crashing
« on: December 14, 2011, 09:09:05 PM »
I just installed sims 3 late night and now it only lets me play for like two minutes in live mode and then it crashes to the desktop without a error message or anything. Please help. (I haven't downloaded custom content or anything from the internet and I've tried doing the DEP thing but nothing has helped.) It worked better before I installed Sims 3 Late Night but it still crashed just less quickly.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 3 keeps crashing
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 10:21:44 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, Livi.

We always recommend doing a fresh re-install when adding an expansion or stuff pack.  Others may have some different suggestions for you, but keep in mind that it could end up needing to be re-installed.  We have a number of topics on the Technical Help board that will give you information on how to back up your files and help the process go smoothly.

Also, I'm moving this to the Technical Help board because it deals with game mechanics.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 03:16:51 PM »
There's a lot of talk that this is related to the new in-game advertising feature - what seems to have helped people is going to the Options menu and disabling the in-game store.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 03:37:35 PM »
How much memory do you have in your pc, Livi? After Late Night came out, The Sims 3 is needing more RAM to run. Having at least 3 GB should be good enough.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 03:41:53 PM »
If you're stuck with less than 3GB , try lowering the graphic settings, and even playing in window mode. Also make shore to turn of background processes you don't need, and automatic updates for other programs.

Leto85

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 04:17:22 PM »
Defragmenting your whole computer may also help. If you do that regulary (by installing BoostSpeed for example or use Windows own defragmentation program if you have Windows) your computer will work faster, more efficience and it is more stable.

If you don't know what defragmenting is than you can compare your computer with a library. Whenever you need information you can take a book out of a book cage to read it. But sometimes books are put back in the wrong order. They're still there, but it is harder to find them again. And if you need to relocate different books at the same time you could end up feeling stresssed.
And that is what happens to your computer as well, from time to time. They become slower. They won't stress, but they do crash. ;)

Defragmenting your computer will litterly put all books back to where they belong, so your computer can find the information faster.

anything