Author Topic: It Happened One Christmas/A Short Seasonal Tale (Completed)  (Read 18710 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: It Happened One Christmas/Chapter 6
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2011, 09:29:00 AM »
Thanks for the comments, loveSims and Ladybug! 

Now, in our world it is the day before Christmas eve.  But as we all know, time runs much faster in Sims, and so for Sandy and Incubus, it is already Christmas eve.  And they are busy.  There is a lot to do before the story can end on Christmas morning (their time), and I am committed to finishing this story tomorrow (our time).  Which means there will need to be an extra post here.  I will either put up another one later today or do two tomorrow.  Meanwhile, here's this morning's chapter.

Chapter 6

Sandy is too upset to know what to do.  She asks the taxi driver to just drive around for a while.  How could that ungrateful little 4-legged ingrate talk to her like that!  After she took him in and saved him from starvation!  Maybe she should give him up for adoption.   Or just take him back to the fishing hole and leave him.

But Sandy is a scientist, accustomed to examining the facts logically, and she soon begins to cool off.  Hard as it is to admit it, the mouthy little cur was right.  She has let herself go.  And if she is ever going to get her life on track and feel better about herself, why not start by fixing herself up?  "It doesn't mean I'm vain," she mutters.  "What?"  asks the driver.  "Nothing, nothing," Sandy hastily assures him.  She continues thinking - when she goes to find a job after Christmas, new clothes and a more modern look will only help her get hired.  So really, it's all quite logical.  She tells the driver "Stop here."

Hesitating only slightly, Sandy walks into the hospital.

Meantime, what is Incubus up to?  When the Sim is away, the Schipperke will -- play?

Yes, the poor little guy has been yearning to chase a ball.  There are several dog balls on the lot, but I think the 10 x 15 lot must be too small because he can't play with them.  If all goes according to plan, Sandy won't be home for hours.  Incubus finishes up a few things at home and then heads out to the dog park.

Yes!  Doggie heaven!

Perhaps you've been wondering why Incubus has one brown eye and one blue eye.  Well, it might be because he's a very rare and special little dog.  Or it might be because I made him on the first day I got Pets and didn't realize that I had to colour both eyes separately.   ;)

The afternoon passes quickly.  Soon the shadows are long and little dogs have to leave for home.

Home for supper in the newly-redecorated living room, Schipperke-style.  (Pattern courtesy of Seabody)

And what of Sandy?  Take a look:

What do you think?  I think she looks pretty good.  And it took hardly any work at all in Create-a-Sim.  Very minor tweaking.  All I did was move the sliders slightly, get rid of the age lines, freshen up her hair colour and give her a new hairstyle and very subtle makeup.  I was surprised by how good she looks.  Especially in that lovely obi dress , generously gifted by Katluvr.

That's Sandy's new formal wear.  As she tries on clothes at the Consignment Shop, she mutters:  "He thinks my clothes are dull?  He wants bright?  I'll show him bright!  Aww ... isn't this sweet!"  And she has found her new everyday outfit:

Sandy's spiffy new t-shirt is by Gheez.

Note:  Thanks to Seabody and Gheez for their wonderful Schipperke patterns!  The "Seabody's Schipperkes" pattern is available here:  http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,6281.0.html

And Gheez' Schipperke t-shirt pattern is here:  http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,4460.0.html

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2011, 09:46:01 AM »
Great update !  Love the make over , she looks very nice .  Incubus looks a little naughty playing with his ball .
Looking forward for the next update .
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2011, 11:29:44 AM »
She look amazing! Now just to find the right man for her ... It looks like Incubus have a great time. Can't wait for next update.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2011, 11:42:31 AM »
Awesome update and makeover - Sandy is so pretty!  Incubus looked so joyful playing at the doggie park.  :)

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: It Happened One Christmas/Chapter 7, the Penultimate Chapter
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2011, 11:14:14 AM »
Chapter 7, the Penultimate Chapter

Christmas eve.  Sandy arrives home at dusk, fresh from her day at the hospital, spa and consignment shop.  Incubus definitely approves of Sandy's new look.  Especially the t-shirt.

Incubus:  Tonight's the night, Sandy.  We need to have a nap now so that after midnight we'll be ready to deliver the toys you made.   By the way, I did a little redecorating while you were out.  I have access to all the latest patterns from the top designers, you know.  Bedspread by Samoht:

[I wish I had thought to do Incubus' bed and canopy too.  But I was too busy marvelling at the effect on the bathroom walls.  Have a look:  Gogowars' Christmas design in the ovals, with Ausette's I Heart T-shirts on the top and bottom of the walls.]

A few hours later, Sandy and Incubus make their rounds, leaving toys for children and pets all over town.

Sandy is hungry when they arrive home and is glad to see the ice cream truck parked in front of the house. 

Smoochies for the best little dog ever!

Sandy:  That was fun!  But I'm exhausted.  Are you coming up to bed?
Incubus:  I'll just have a bit of a chew first.
Sandy:  Ok, but please don't wake me up early, alright?  Just for once, let me sleep in!

As soon as Sandy is upstairs and in bed, Incubus is out the front door.  He greets a friend and then the little dog goes into the house and upstairs to the dog bed.

The conclusion of the story will be up sometime later today.

And a big thank-you to the talented designers who created these patterns:

Gogowars' T-Christmas Freezer, here: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,6441.0.html

Samoht's Snowmen Galore, here:  http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,8232.0.html

and Ausette's I Heart T-Shirts, here:  http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,3652.75.html

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Sportsfan

« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2011, 12:21:06 PM »
Haven't commented yet but I've been reading the whole time and I love this story! I can't wait to see how it ends

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2011, 12:35:57 PM »
I'm so excited for the next chapter. This is such a cute story!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2011, 01:49:58 PM »
Awesome update! Can't wait to see the end. :D

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: It Happened One Christmas/Chapter 8, The End
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2011, 03:35:27 PM »
Chapter 8

Poor Sandy.  She never gets to sleep in any more.  But this time it's not the dog's fault; the doorbell is ringing.  Who could possibly be visiting this early on Christmas morning?

Well, well.  Look who's come a-calling.  Mr Highly-Desirable Dynasty Mate himself, complete with a brand-new Christmas sweater!

Sandy:  Christopher?  What are you doing here?
Christopher:  I'm looking for Sandy Paws.  I was told she lives here.  ... Sandy?  Is that you?  You look ... different.  Did you do something to your hair?
Sandy says drily:  You're so observant, Chris.  Yes, I did something to my hair.  Among other things.  What are you doing here?
Christopher:  Wow, you look so different!  I came here looking for you.  Are you going to invite me in?

He follows Sandy into the tiny house.

Sandy:  What do you want, Christopher?  Have you come to invite me to your wedding with that Dynasty girl?  Is that it?  Because I've got news for you, Chris - I'm not interested.  You and little Miss Dynasty can go and -
Christopher cuts in hastily:  No, no, that's not why I'm here, Sandy!  Please - won't you let me explain?
Sandy:  Oh, all right, Chris.  But make it fast.
Christopher:  I have to tell you about a strange experience I had.  A couple days ago I was at home, when the doorbell rang.  I went to answer it -

Sandy prompts him, impatiently:  Well?  Who was it?
Christopher:  That's just it!  I don't remember!  Everything for the next couple of hours is a blank.  The next thing I remember is finding myself at L- my Dynasty friend's house, feeling very strange.
Sandy:  Strange?  Like the time you ate 23 flame fruit?
Christopher:  No, not like that.  Strange, like waking up from a dream that's been very real.  All of a sudden, I saw L for what she was - a selfish, privileged girl who just wanted me to paint her portraits and help her achieve immortality which she wouldn't share with me.  And I saw that I had been dazzled by the prospect of fame and having stories written about me.  You know, L asked me to marry her -
Sandy:  That's nice, Chris.  I'm sure you'll both be very happy.  Now, if that's all -

Christopher:  No!  You don't understand!  I turned her down.
Sandy:  You did??
Christopher:  Yes.  Sandy, I know I hurt you, and I'm really sorry.  I know now that I made a terrible mistake when I rejected you.  I took our friendship for granted.  It wasn't until you left SV that I realized what I'd lost.  I've been trying to find you, but nobody knew where you'd gone.
Sandy:  So how did you find me?
Christopher:  After that - vision, whatever it was - two thoughts kept coming into my mind.  One was that I should go to Appaloosa Plains.  So I decided to do that.   And I've been asking around, trying to find you.  Someone told me I should try the Gingerbread Cottage, and here I am.

Sandy:  You said two thoughts.  What was the other one?
Christopher:  I can't quite remember it.  Something about a path -
Sandy:  "The path less travelled?"
Christopher:  Yes!  That's it! ... How did you know?
Sandy gazes over Christopher's shoulder at the little dog having breakfast.  She says thoughtfully:  A very dear friend of mine told me the very same thing.

Christopher:  So, can you forgive me?  Do you think we can be friends again?
Sandy:  I forgive you, Chris.  Yes, we can be friends.
Christopher:  Maybe ... special friends?  I picked up these flowers ...

Meanwhile, several blocks away, a man and a dog are walking away from the Gingerbread Cottage.

Mr Payne:  So, my boy, your first assignment!  How do you think it went?
Incubus:  Piece of cake!  Ten out of ten.
Mr Payne says drily:  No false modesty, Inky!  But I have to admit, your plan does seem to have worked.  One thing, though - won't Sandy think it's odd that her "Incubus" isn't talking any more?
Incubus:  Oh no, I told her that dogs can only talk in the week before Christmas! (And the little dog grins at his own cleverness)
Mr Payne:  Oh, I see.  So next Christmas, Sandy will be expecting to hear her dog talk -
Incubus:  By next Christmas, I think Sandy will be too busy teaching nooboos to talk to worry about why her dog is silent!

Mr Payne laughs and concedes the point.  He says:  Yes, a most satisfactory outcome.  Now, if you think you're ready for another assignment, there's a situation in Twinbrook -

The two friends walk on, chatting, until they come to a fork in the road.  They turn left -

and disappear from sight.

But I heard them exclaim, ere they vanished from sight, "Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!"

It happened one Christmas.  It really did.

A writer long ago penned these words:  "Be not forgetful to entertain strangers:  for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."

The End.

Thanks for taking the time to read this story.  May all our lives be filled with the joy and wonder of Christmas, now and always.  And may we have the courage to try the path less travelled from time to time.

Tretya

Re: It Happened One Christmas/Chapter 8, The Ending
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2011, 03:39:23 PM »
Ahh Schipperke, that was so cute! Sandy and Chris make a good couple :)

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2011, 04:05:34 PM »
Merry Christmas to Inky, Mr. Payne, Sandy, and Chris!

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2011, 04:15:56 PM »
What a beautiful ending !   This was a great Christmas story . Thanks for sharing it with us .
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Sportsfan

« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2011, 04:16:31 PM »
What a great ending to a great story!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2011, 04:46:57 PM »
Wonderful Schip! Christopher's Christmas sweater cracked me up! He looks so cute in it..Haha
I'm so glad that he finally came to his senses :)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2011, 04:59:16 PM »
Such a sweet exit! I never thought my Pattern would be used the way you used it! I looks awesome. I wish you a Merry Christmas!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations