Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 357678 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2011, 03:12:30 AM »
@Esther - I did had to set their relationships but it was a pleasure to do so - having them in UC along with other fantastic families is precius. About your card/PC and settings - poor graphic card means low graphic settings but you having 6GB of RAM will make up to it! I usually try to play it calm and not shift around too much, specially on 3.speed and on admin/mod hills - large lots with tons of objects loading at the same time will cause the lagging.
I was very carefull to use all the tips I could find to make the performance optimal, from organizing layers in CAW to marking unroutable areas along the grid. And many other things too.
Thank you so much. I got to thinking about how they are technically related and was worried about them being able to do romantic interactions with each other. Thank you for taking the time to see to it that that couldn't happen! I think that's what it was, when I was in control of them, it wasn't lagging bad, than I just had to switch and take control of Pam.  ::) Also, my sis bought me TL tonight so I think I'll start a new game and stick with the smaller lots until my card gets fixed. Again, thanks for everyone's hard work on this wonderful world!

Offline Sims3Clacla123

• Occult
  • I love tea :)
« Reply #121 on: December 30, 2011, 03:43:39 AM »
Squee  ;D This is amazing guys. I can't wait to download.  :D

EDIT: I downloaded the UC Save file but it is coming up as a .rar file could someone help please.  :-[
Live. Laugh. Love.Dream Big and Have no regrets

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline chrissie

• Townie
« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2011, 04:03:12 AM »
This is such a fantastic gift! Thank you so much to everyone who has worked so hard and given so much.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #123 on: December 30, 2011, 04:04:14 AM »
Squee  ;D This is amazing guys. I can't wait to download.  :D

EDIT: I downloaded the UC Save file but it is coming up as a .rar file could someone help please.  :-[

It's been sealed up for easier downloading. You just need to use a program like Winrar to extract the .sims3 file.  :)

Offline Sims3Clacla123

• Occult
  • I love tea :)
« Reply #124 on: December 30, 2011, 04:06:45 AM »
It's been sealed up for easier downloading. You just need to use a program like Winrar to extract the .sims3 file.  :)
Thanks Ausette I downloaded WinZip and fixed my problem. Thanks.  :)

Live. Laugh. Love.Dream Big and Have no regrets

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2011, 04:23:35 AM »
I guessed right! I understand why you said it was a "Feature", hehe! I'm glad that I'm a teeny part of it  8)

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2011, 05:16:52 AM »
Wow! Amazing, beautiful, over whelming, and so much fun!

I spent the last two hours getting acquainted with this new world to explore, and it is jaw dropping awesome all over the place! It feels awesome to have donated some Sims to this awesome town.  The team who did all the work, it's fantastic, I love it!

In my first Sim week, my Sim self met both the Dreamweaver household, and the De D'Onlyn household, I nearly fell over laughing :D Talk about an awesome start.

I'm going to find it hard to ever go back to playing anywhere else.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KJSinclair

• Townie
  • I may have a sharp tongue but I have a soft heart
« Reply #127 on: December 30, 2011, 05:33:15 AM »
The thing I love about this world the most is how it fully encompasses the EPs. I used the Naga Sunset Valley for so long so I could experience all the EP stuff but I honestly got bored with the townies. The only problem is that I am going to feel bad remodeling and redecorating the beautiful houses  :(.

I totally ditched my 'to-do' list for the evening in order to play with this and by the time I turned it off for the evening it was already 1am lol.

Side note: Thank you for the tip on avoiding 'save and quit' I would have hated to lose my Union Cove newbie this early in the game.

Kindest Regards
KJ
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes we have to wait a long time for the reason to become clear.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #128 on: December 30, 2011, 05:43:41 AM »
I am one of the happiest people in the world right now.  One, because all the hard work is done, even if there are places where we team members are second guessing ourselves and wishing we could do this or that.  It was wonderful to work on and hard to put it down and wait with all of you for the reveal.  That was actually a lot of fun! 

Two I'm happy because now I can actually play it just as a player and not have to worry about is this right or that right!  (Imagine my chagrin when I checked a house, several downloads of remodels later, to find I'd built a lovely bedroom and no way to enter it!  No door! lol)  So I can just kick back now and enjoy meeting all these wonderful Sim people and make friends with them.  Mye Thyme and Hansome will have a lot of fun with you all.

Three, I'm happiest because of how much you all love what we have done.  Your joy in it fills me with joy and has made this one of the best holiday seasons ever!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #129 on: December 30, 2011, 06:01:16 AM »
Quite worried about downloading this due to my laptop being really horrible right now, but we'll see how it goes. :) I can't wait to see where my Dreamers live! xD

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2011, 06:02:34 AM »
Quite worried about downloading this due to my laptop being really horrible right now, but we'll see how it goes. :) I can't wait to see where my Dreamers live! xD
Let me just say they live in a very farmhouse-y place.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

VampirePlasma

« Reply #131 on: December 30, 2011, 06:39:57 AM »
There is. Go here and download the link underneath the words "Download Union Cove Now!". I can't stress it enough - underneath.
Thank you, Seabody! I hadn`t seen this.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2011, 07:35:46 AM »
This is great that so many people love it!  :D Can't wait to be reading stories that people write in Union Cove.  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #133 on: December 30, 2011, 08:39:52 AM »
I personally cannot wait to start my decadynasty in Union Cove. It is going to be such a big thrill for me to use Hebe as one of my founders for a decadynasty. I just need to figure out who the spouse should be.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #134 on: December 30, 2011, 08:42:02 AM »
Oh me too Samoht! I'm still trying to decide should I continue my Buznik girl or start the dynasty first LOL. In any case it will be taking pictures all the time!
I need a signature as yours Samoht!

I put the community lots list in one of the posts Carl reserved and I am working on residential/household list so you all can see who is living where, which houses are empty, value of all of them, and of course, who made it (both the house and the household :) )

Ratchie, it took me ages to figure who will I chose as a dynasty spose! Having so many great single YA's made it very very difficult to decide. Can't wait to read that story and I can only imagine how will Thea fit in there LOL

EDIT: I realized I used "!" at the end of all sentences.. I am that excited ;D

anything