Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 357855 times)

Offline GalvanicFantasy

• Nooboo
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #945 on: November 03, 2013, 05:25:24 PM »
It must have been an intermittent issue indeed - today I was able to download it lickety split!  Thanks - can't wait to check it out.

Offline trickai

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #946 on: November 19, 2013, 07:48:15 AM »
Will there be an update to include Isla Paradiso?  Maybe toss in a few community lots that are missing?

I play this world almost all the time and love it.  I have no problem adding things like a nectary or the new rennaisance fair, just wondered if there would be a "final" version that will include all expansions, especially knowing that there will be no more expansions.  The only other world that can really hold my attention is Jericho, but it is not populated and so it is not nearly as fun...I have to be in the mood for Jericho...whereas UC is always ready to entertain me.

Even now I still find new little things I have missed before.  Just a couple weeks ago when I started my latest game in UC, I discovered the little tiny house that has like a landing pad on top of it...can't for the life of me remember what it is called now.  I love it, so unique.  But that is just par for the course for UC, everything is so unique and so different it just makes playing there so much more enjoyable.

edit: okay the lot is called A.L.U. and it is basically right in front of the arena.  So awesome.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #947 on: November 23, 2013, 11:39:53 AM »
There are no plans to update UC any further at the moment. Anuhska who built UC in CAW is not very active in Sims any more. You can always build your own dive lots, I'm not sure if anyone has tried in UC or not yet but I'm sure it should work.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #948 on: February 17, 2014, 05:32:02 AM »
I wanted to try this world for a long time but my old computer wouldn't play it smoothly but now I finally have a computer that will handle this world and now it's my new favorite world. :) Everyone done a great job putting this world together.
Only problem I've hit so far is I couldn't rummage through one of the dumpsters at the junk yard. But a quick edit of the lot to move the street cones that are in front of it took care of that problem.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #949 on: February 17, 2014, 06:37:32 AM »
I wanted to try this world for a long time but my old computer wouldn't play it smoothly but now I finally have a computer that will handle this world and now it's my new favorite world. :) Everyone done a great job putting this world together.
Only problem I've hit so far is I couldn't rummage through one of the dumpsters at the junk yard. But a quick edit of the lot to move the street cones that are in front of it took care of that problem.

I'm so glad you enjoy it.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Lucky7number7seven

• Nooboo
« Reply #950 on: February 25, 2014, 05:07:32 PM »
Of all of those expansions packs and stuff packs used, I have only High-End Loft, and Late Night.
I heard that if you download something that has items you don't own, it will just replace them.
Is this true, or am I not able to use this world?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #951 on: February 25, 2014, 05:20:22 PM »
It will replace objects you don't have, but you must load the world from the save file that is provided in the .zip that you download. Place it where your usual saves go (Documents -> Electronic Arts -> The Sims 3 -> Saves) and pick it when you're at the main menu.

Union Cove uses content from a lot of EPs, so the world may or may not look drastically different.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lucky7number7seven

• Nooboo
« Reply #952 on: March 01, 2014, 12:24:15 PM »
Thanks ^^.

EDIT: Ahg. I hate to sound like a fool, but how do I install it? I downloaded and got the Zip file, but now I'm utterly lost. I've been looking for instructions as to installing the actual world, but I can't find any.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #953 on: June 28, 2014, 02:35:21 PM »
Thanks ^^.

EDIT: Ahg. I hate to sound like a fool, but how do I install it? I downloaded and got the Zip file, but now I'm utterly lost. I've been looking for instructions as to installing the actual world, but I can't find any.

Did you use an unzipper to open the zip file?  It's been so long since I installed my copy I'm not sure what you do next, but I'm thinking you unzip the file and then copy/paste it into the Sims3 folder named downloads.

There are some new changes available to those playing Union Cove who have experienced a lot of lag while playing a dynasty.  Metro has given permission to use my new, edited lots in a legal ID.  Most of the lots have just a few changes you won't even notice, (like removing the spot lights and some flowers from the stadium), but some have major changes, (like removing an entire floor from Carl's Castle).  The lots still look pretty much like my original designs but removing a lot of the extras that really weren't needed for game play has lightened the load on the graphics and made play smoother and faster.  I was not able to play an ID there before but now I'm having a great deal of fun with it.  Some small issues, like dumpsters not working, were fixed as well.  You can download the improved lots from my mediafire file.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/jimwmftfbtopw/Union_Cove_Rebuilds

If you have problems with it let me know via PM, (I always check there but not always here)

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline pepoluan

• Nooboo
« Reply #954 on: November 20, 2014, 05:04:18 AM »
Did you use an unzipper to open the zip file?  It's been so long since I installed my copy I'm not sure what you do next, but I'm thinking you unzip the file and then copy/paste it into the Sims3 folder named downloads.

There are some new changes available to those playing Union Cove who have experienced a lot of lag while playing a dynasty.  Metro has given permission to use my new, edited lots in a legal ID.  Most of the lots have just a few changes you won't even notice, (like removing the spot lights and some flowers from the stadium), but some have major changes, (like removing an entire floor from Carl's Castle).  The lots still look pretty much like my original designs but removing a lot of the extras that really weren't needed for game play has lightened the load on the graphics and made play smoother and faster.  I was not able to play an ID there before but now I'm having a great deal of fun with it.  Some small issues, like dumpsters not working, were fixed as well.  You can download the improved lots from my mediafire file.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/jimwmftfbtopw/Union_Cove_Rebuilds

If you have problems with it let me know via PM, (I always check there but not always here)

Ahh, thanks for the share, Joria!

So, since I've just downloaded UC, are these the steps to do:

• Install Union Cove Seasons.Sims3Pack
  • Install all your updated lots
  • Extract the UnionCoveSeasonsSave.zip into EA\Sims3\Saves

Did I miss a step there?

BTW, I have Base (of course!), WA, Amb, and LN. No problem if I start using the provided Save, right?

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #955 on: January 24, 2015, 06:41:34 PM »
I just encountered something in Union Cove which made me laugh and thought I'd share.

Only in Sims 3 and Union Cove!
The Scarlet in question is Pam Marsden's Scarlet Dreamweaver.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #956 on: February 08, 2015, 04:22:31 PM »
It's been so long since I've done much reading on the forum so forgive me if I've left questions unanswered.  I began a pretty good dynasty in UC recently and then failed, sigh, again, sigh, but haven't given up.  It really is a great place, (read - easy), to do a dynasty or a legacy.  The only difficulty can be story progression but you get that anywhere.  It's so fun to see the "famous" folks from other dynasties walking around and interacting with you!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline elaine

• Nooboo
« Reply #957 on: March 08, 2015, 08:34:31 AM »
Union Cove is very nice. Thanks for your hard work

Offline Chicvibe

• Nooboo
Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #958 on: March 08, 2015, 01:04:09 PM »
This is a world I have so much fun with.  Thanks for all your hard work - it is also gorgeous and well thought out.   I play this and St. Claire more than I play EA worlds.

Offline pcdoctor

• Nooboo
« Reply #959 on: June 24, 2015, 09:49:26 PM »
I recently installed Union Cove and I noticed that when I was at the festival lot, many of the sims kept playng the I'm stuck emotion in front of the kissing booths.  I'm not sure what they were trying to get at.  What could be causing this?