Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 357872 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #810 on: November 20, 2012, 04:49:50 PM »
Someone stole it?! How?! Why?  :o

In the same way that we are able to get EA Worlds into CAS. Whilst it is possible most people have the decency to not upload and take credit for other peoples work.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #811 on: November 21, 2012, 03:35:32 PM »
Oh...I'm so very excited ! I just downloaded Union Cove in my new computer. I've really missed not being able to play it in my laptop. I had to uninstall it as it was too large for the laptop to handle. This new desktop should be able to handle it with no problem. Anxious to try it out again.  ;D
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline nikelo

• Nooboo
« Reply #812 on: December 08, 2012, 11:18:59 PM »
Just curious if there is a fix for the issue with the elevator in Metro's Mansion? I've tried to figure out a way to get it so that the elevator connects to the basement floor, but I've had no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #813 on: December 12, 2012, 06:32:43 PM »
Do we need all the expansion packs for UC? I don't have Seasons or Supernatural :C

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #814 on: December 12, 2012, 06:47:37 PM »
Do we need all the expansion packs for UC? I don't have Seasons or Supernatural :C
Union Cove hasn't been updated for Seasons or Supernatural so you wouldn't need either.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #815 on: December 12, 2012, 06:53:51 PM »
Union Cove hasn't been updated for Seasons or Supernatural so you wouldn't need either.

Are there any stuff packs I might need? Store items?

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #816 on: December 12, 2012, 07:03:02 PM »
While there is a smattering of objects from Stuff Packs used (mostly a few clothes or a window), you can run Union Cove just fine without them. I did.

No store objects, though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #817 on: December 12, 2012, 07:35:04 PM »
Thank you :D

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #818 on: December 31, 2012, 03:44:27 AM »
Fixed and updated version of UC is finally done and I want to list down what have been done with it.

- Pets are no longer required to install UC.
- SN content - Gypsy Vagon, Arboretum and Relic Register are added in game.
- Festival lot unique to UC is added in the world.
- Couple of small changes to some lots and townies are made.
- Error Trap did its part, thanks to Twallan and Samoth for pointing that out.
- Description and thumbnail picture of the world are changed.

It may seem like not much was done in this update but due to several severe bugs that came with Seasons and SN, it took a lot of time and effort, and luck to get it done. Hard to even start explaining all the issues, but just for start I had to remove 50 lots and mark and place them again once I managed to run EiG again. There is still a bug that prevents us from installing any user made world as we used to, but thankfully there is an easy workaround that Carl explained on the download page in guide.

I am happy it is done now and that for new 2013 everyone gets to enjoy in fixed and updated version, as there is something magical about UC with weather  :D

Offline pcdoctor

• Nooboo
« Reply #819 on: December 31, 2012, 06:56:35 AM »
So I want to know something.

Why did you remove the pets expansion pack requirement?  If I were to download this town, will it be faster now?  I used to download this in the past and while it's very nice, it is very slow for my computer.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #820 on: December 31, 2012, 07:55:00 AM »
So I want to know something.

Why did you remove the pets expansion pack requirement?  If I were to download this town, will it be faster now?  I used to download this in the past and while it's very nice, it is very slow for my computer.

Pets expansion requirement was not intentional in the first place and it doesnt make any difference in the gameplay except limit the access of UC to only those who have Pets. That is why we got rid of it.
After using Error Trap, it should be easier to run, but if you have new expansions that is additional weight for your PC. The speed and smoothness of the game is depending on your PC and how many EPs you have. On my PC it is running great on moderate and high settings and I really do like enjoying the sight there, like this one:

Offline Lizzy3272

• Llama Wrangler
  • SSDD
« Reply #821 on: December 31, 2012, 01:19:01 PM »
Thank you, Anushka, for all of your hard work!  It is VERY much appreciated!   :D

Happy New Year!
"The black man fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed..."

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #822 on: December 31, 2012, 04:02:02 PM »
Wow, Anushka (and the rest of the team of course) what a wonderful and very unexpected surprise! :D
I missed UC. I tried to update it myself, but that was very hard due to limited space. And I am not such a gifted builder :-[ I am looking forward to play this version!
Oh and yay! :) We can use this one for the Dynasty Challenges, right?

Btw, is there also a Vault of Antiquity?
One last question about the pets. Are there still pets in families UC and does the petstore exist or was it necessary to remove those? (sure hope not)

Thanks again!

Edit: Another question came up, sorry. Correct me if I'm wrong. Version 2 is with pets but without SN and SS? So if I want SN and SS I need Version 3? But I can use pets with V3?
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #823 on: December 31, 2012, 04:35:01 PM »
Thank you Lizzy and Odie!

Yes, we can use UC for challenges including Dynasty.
Sadly no, ther is no Vault of Antiquity but I am shore those that want it can place in in graveyard as it looks like it belongs there. 
There are still pets in families and pet store does exist, none of existing Pets objects were taken out, it was something attached to the world file not in the world itself that blocked installation process without Pets. Glad I find the way to get rid of it.
And last, you can use Seasons version with or without any EP , while for V2, the old one, you have to have at least Pets.  :)

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #824 on: December 31, 2012, 04:43:47 PM »
Should I uninstall te old one to install the new one, and if I do so, will it affect the Union Cove saved games I have?

anything