Author Topic: Union Cove Technical Issues  (Read 316572 times)

linford27

Re: Union Cove Technical Issues
« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2012, 02:59:44 PM »
Hi!

Im really not computer savvy, no idea about extracting files etc.

I just downloaded and installed UC, i load a new game of it fine, but as soon as i move a new household in a house, it stays on for 30 secs then closes and says "sims 3 has stopped working". I deleted All Mods, updated and put graphics settings on low but it still happens.

Im dying to play UC, what should i do?

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #151 on: April 30, 2012, 01:58:42 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum ;)
I have a few questions that come to mind.
The first is: what are your computer specifications? This is not a absurd huge world to handle, but it certainly isn't small either.
If they are more then good enough, what have you downloaded exactly? And are you sure you did everything correctly?
You say you deleted mods. Did you do this properly? Often mods cannot simply be deleted, but have to be removed in a special way. Have you tested other worlds after this and do they still work?
More details can get you better help :)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

AdnaanA

« Reply #152 on: May 03, 2012, 04:28:39 AM »
Everytime I would load a household from Edit Town (Example Dreamweavers) It would take 10 mins for the loading screen to stop

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #153 on: May 03, 2012, 06:36:05 AM »
Everytime I would load a household from Edit Town (Example Dreamweavers) It would take 10 mins for the loading screen to stop

Try reducing your graphics settings.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #154 on: May 03, 2012, 07:42:53 AM »

Lag is the reason I cannot play in Union Cove. Even after reducing my graphic settings it would still take an age for anything to load. Ten minutes is hardly any time at all compared to the lag I get. It would take my Sim thirty(real life) minutes just to walk up the stairs.

I hope your game runs better after changing your graphics settings.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #155 on: May 03, 2012, 01:07:18 PM »

That's also due to the fact the World is just so detailed and if reducing your settings doesn't help then there isn't much else you can do about it.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

boltentoke

« Reply #156 on: May 05, 2012, 12:11:27 PM »
My sim is a Magician by profession and is currently at level 2 in the career. According to the Lessons provided by EA, at level 2 I should be able to contact a proprioter and perform at a Big Park. There are no Big Parks (or anywhere I can contact a proprioter) in Union Cove, and I cannot place one.

No matter where I try, what house I delete, or anything, it always tells me "Can't place on un-routable terrain"
Even if I delete a larger building or lot that I know can fit and works fine, and try to place a smaller lot there to build the park on, I get that message.

So now the only way to progress in my career is to go to the Central Park or something and perform for tips, making 100 dollars a day. That's not enough income!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #157 on: May 05, 2012, 12:44:27 PM »
Isn't un-routable terrain terrain that isn't flat? UC is quite hilly. Maybe it helps if you flatten out the land first before you delete the house on it. Do this by going into the lot I mean. Then after deleting the house you have a big flat terrain which should be free to use, right?

Edit: You can also try to empty out the whole lot when you're in it. After that you can change the empty lot type to the community type you want to place and you should be able to place it right there. Then you don't have to delete the whole lot and place an empty lot back. I also have had some problems with placing lots on places where I just deleted a lot.

Or maybe... is it possible for the builders to add a big park to UC for the next update...? That would be great!

boltentoke

« Reply #158 on: May 05, 2012, 01:03:23 PM »
Yeah I just hit level 3 in Magician and there appears to be no Coffeehouse as well (where you perform at level 3 in a Performing career).

I'll try your suggestions Odie, but it seems that there are just no Showtime community lots... maybe the makers could add all of them or a couple at least (there is only 4 or 5 I think). I'm sure they'd do a better job than me :) They did a great job with the city already, just missing showtime lots :(

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #159 on: May 05, 2012, 01:47:21 PM »
it seems that there are just no Showtime community lots...
No, that's true, because Showtime came after Version 2 of UC. The wonderful builders of this website are working on the Showtime update as we speak. We just have to be patient :)

boltentoke

« Reply #160 on: May 05, 2012, 02:09:44 PM »
Ahh, didn't know. I saw in other forum posts about having to have all the EPs to play the town, so I figured that included showtime.

Found a spot where I could fit a couple lots and built the park and coffee shop and about to head to my first gig (in this town, and as a magician at least). I guess I forgot to change it to community lot but I never got an error message about trying to place a community lot on a residential lot so I never even thought to check.

boltentoke

« Reply #161 on: May 06, 2012, 06:18:32 PM »
Still getting error 12 all day today, even with ALL settings on MINIMUM, and with PC settings to allow FULL ram usage by games (I have 4GB DDR on 32bit XP, I've played Crysis and Crysis 2 on max settings, don't see why it can't handle the sims saving a game.). Also had 2 crashes, one where Sims 3 just closed itself, no messages or anything, and another causing bluescreen error 0x0...08E

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #162 on: May 06, 2012, 06:52:15 PM »
Hi Boltentoke,
Sorry to hear your problems. Error 12 most of the time happens when the world is to heavy for your video card to handle. What is your video card?
By the way, a 32 bit system can handle only 3 GB max, so it will never use 4. And since there will be other things running too, the game can use about 2,7 max. Because of this I changed my system to 64 bit.

boltentoke

« Reply #163 on: May 06, 2012, 10:33:19 PM »
Nvidia Galaxy Geforce 9600 GT, like I said above I have played the Crysis games on max settings with about 20-30fps avg

Oh and I close everything when I launch the Sims except the Curse client which only uses 750K memory (in task mgr)

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #164 on: May 07, 2012, 06:05:51 AM »
That's a really good video card. So if you have a good processor too, that should not be the problem.
It is true though, that when you have a 32 bit system The Sims will not use all 4 GB of your RAM.
I checked this now where I found it, at the website of NRaas. He explains it very well.
Now I see that I was mistaken. The Sims doesn't use only 3 GB when you have a 32 bit system, but only 2 GB! You can read it yourself here.