Author Topic: Union Cove Technical Issues  (Read 316573 times)

Offline akeripper

• Nooboo
Re: Union Cove Technical Issues
« Reply #240 on: December 31, 2012, 06:09:57 PM »
maybe obvious question but here goes: that renamed file in DCBacup should that file be left in DCBacup or or erased?

Offline Saturn

• Mayhem Madam
  • Llama Wrangler
  • TaDaa!
    • Hall of Torque
« Reply #241 on: January 01, 2013, 03:39:18 AM »
I tried it one more time.  I went in to a working hood and saved a game as Test.  I deleted the contents of Test and opened up the Union Cove folder and put those files into the Test folder.  When I went into the game it didn't show up at all this time.  I'm going to just plop in the Union Cover folder and not just the loose files as one last try and if that doesn't work, I'll have to give up.  It's a shame too because of all the worlds I've seen, this one excites me.  I usually make it a policy not to play custom worlds but I wanted to make and exception with this one!

It does not show up at all in the menu.  Again, I'm sorry it didn't work but you guys did a wonderful job on the hood!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #242 on: January 01, 2013, 06:23:54 AM »
@Saturn, I am sorry to hear that, you can always download previous version and install and play it regularly.
I've seen this issue happening at least with Riverview too and several people are reporting it on official page so at least I can say issue is not UC related.

@akkeriper
You can delete it or leave it there, it doesn't matter (as far as I know, which is why I left it there).

Offline Saturn

• Mayhem Madam
  • Llama Wrangler
  • TaDaa!
    • Hall of Torque
« Reply #243 on: January 01, 2013, 06:50:27 AM »
Again thank you very much for your help!  I'll give it a rest for now but perhaps check back in a month or so and see if there have been any new developments with the world!

at least I can say issue is not UC related.

Actually for me it is only Union Cove I've ever had trouble installing a world.  I have all of the official worlds and have never had trouble installing them.  And for UC it's the ability to not save that indicates something is wrong with the world and not the ability to install it.  Because I had to rename the world and all, even though it fixed it to be viewed, there is still an underlying problem with the world to have to install it like that in the first place and then to do the test folder in the second place.  It runs good for you guys because you all worked on it and it comes from your computers but for some of us that are having trouble, it very well might be in the world itself.  I sure hope it will be looked and and maybe fixed up a little more!  Like I said, I will keep an eye on the world and see if it gets updated!  I would love to give it another try!

Offline Kotona14

• Nooboo
« Reply #244 on: January 01, 2013, 07:38:55 AM »
@Kotona,
you change it the same way you change the name of the file, double click on word package and type in world. If you cant see word .package the you should go to Control Panel, Folder Options, under View scroll down till you see "hide familiar file extensions" or something like that and unmark that box. With that option you should be able to see both the name and extension of the files and change it.

12:29
Thanks, I'm going to do that and I'll let you know how it goes.

Edit:
12:40
It worked!!! Thank you for your help!

Offline Katantunoro

• Kerfuffle Lord
  • Nooboo
  • Ssh, it's personal!
« Reply #245 on: January 01, 2013, 09:12:29 AM »
What do I do about copying it into the GameData when I do not have a folder labelled that?
Katantunoro's Signature Blog: I find myself with an extremely large bounty of pencil sharpeners recently. I have 5 stacked on my desk!

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #246 on: January 01, 2013, 09:26:12 AM »
Hi, I'm having some issues playing on Union Cove as well. I downloaded it and did all the necessary installation steps, and it appears as a usable world, but I don't have all the expansion packs (just WA, Ambitions, Late Night, and Seasons) so I can't use the world that way.

I downloaded the save file and extracted it to the Saves folder, but when I open up the game to select a save, it doesn't appear at all. I've tried re-downloading, re-extracting, and reloading a few times, but it doesn't appear.

I'm having the same problem.  Any answers yet? Thanks.

PS I'm patched to 1.42

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline chris_leo

• Nooboo
« Reply #247 on: January 01, 2013, 01:17:45 PM »
I followed the after installation guide. I see Union Cove Seasons on the list of avaible worlds on the start window of my game (I have all EPs installed) and I can load it. But it's uninhabited!
I solved my problem: that was not Union Cove- In the guide is said to rename and copy the "biggest file" of the DCBackups directory. That's a very misleading indication because the "biggest file" could be the one of another world. Be careful

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #248 on: January 01, 2013, 01:35:50 PM »
@Chris_Leo,
I am glad you figured it out, if it is not in instructions we will add "most recently installed biggest file" as soon as possible.

@to others having issues with saved files - I will look what is wrong with that as soon as I solve what is wrong with my game. I started a tread about it here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #249 on: January 01, 2013, 01:37:03 PM »
I solved my problem: that was not Union Cove- In the guide is said to rename and copy the "biggest file" of the DCBackups directory. That's a very misleading indication because the "biggest file" could be the one of another world. Be careful

I understand your mistake, but the explanation says the latest and biggest. It actually makes sense that if you install the world today, it should have the date of today.

I have a problem too unfortunately. I have installed the new version of UC with the special workaround and I can load the world fine. I went straight into edit town, changed a few things and saved. The save is in the Saves folder, but doesn't show up in the main menu of the game. I have tried the workaround for the not appearing saves, but that doesn't make a difference. I don't know what to do. Help is very much appreciated!

Edit: I have tried several different approaches, but nothing works. I just noticed Saturn's posts and I think we have the same problem... The weird thing is that I do not have this problem with other worlds either.
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline lizbit

• Nooboo
« Reply #250 on: January 01, 2013, 02:11:16 PM »
I am also having a problem where game saves are not showing up, but only in UC. Someone just started a separate thread for this problem and I posted my details there. I think I may have found part of the problem, but I don't know how to completely fix it.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #251 on: January 01, 2013, 02:17:16 PM »
Could you post a link to that thread please?

Edit: Never mind, here it is

Another edit: I think the problem is that this file Union Cove _0x00000000ExportDB.package is missing in the save folder.
All other saves have a file like that, except those from the latest version of UC. Copying this file from an older save a renaming it as it should be, made the save show in the main menu, but with an error message. Makes sense, since it contains completely different data from other sims.
I posted a similar response in the new thread about it, where I will continue about this problem since that thread is specifically for this problem. I sure hope you guys can find the solution quickly!

Another edit: Closer to the solution! I think I found the source of the problem and I can load the game yay!
Please see this thread. I think this might help you too, Saturn.
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline shibamistress

• Townie
« Reply #252 on: January 02, 2013, 01:23:17 AM »
I posted in the other thread, but sadly, that work around doesn't work for me at all.  I just get a message that "a serious error has occurred."  I may try redownloading UC and starting all over again, but not tonight.

Or I just may wait and see if there is another solution.  I just wish I hadn't downloaded the old version of UC which worked fine for me.  And I'd already started it modifying it myself for SN, so I should have known better than to delete it.  :(

Anna33

« Reply #253 on: January 02, 2013, 07:55:36 AM »
I can't install UC, I have done everything up to "Copy that file into C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/GameData/Shared/NonPackaged/Worlds" As I cannot find Gamedata, folder. Is there  anyway around this?

Offline Katantunoro

• Kerfuffle Lord
  • Nooboo
  • Ssh, it's personal!
« Reply #254 on: January 02, 2013, 08:10:58 AM »
I can't install UC, I have done everything up to "Copy that file into C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/GameData/Shared/NonPackaged/Worlds" As I cannot find Gamedata, folder. Is there  anyway around this?

I'm having the same problem. I think it might be of a different name for those of us over in the UK or EU or something.
Katantunoro's Signature Blog: I find myself with an extremely large bounty of pencil sharpeners recently. I have 5 stacked on my desk!