Author Topic: Union Cove Technical Issues  (Read 318989 times)

Offline mimas

• Nooboo
Re: Union Cove Technical Issues
« Reply #315 on: March 15, 2013, 01:55:28 PM »
I converter package files to 5 big files so, i do not have more than 200.
I have 5 packages + Union Cove.

- About settings. I have more than 50 FPS, so that is not problem. But when it freeze i have 1 FPS for less than one s.I can see when sims walk.
I really want to know what type of PC i must have?What type of PC people have? They did not have lags?
I  saw "lets play video" SIMS 3 yesterday  and author of the video had lags! But he probably does not care.He even recored video with lags.
So i thing this is "normal" and people just dot care about lags. But I do not want lags.
I will try tips from  Reliant.

- But how can sims freeze when i just have started?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #316 on: March 20, 2013, 01:58:16 AM »

- About settings. I have more than 50 FPS, so that is not problem. But when it freeze i have 1 FPS for less than one s.I can see when sims walk.
I really want to know what type of PC i must have?What type of PC people have? They did not have lags?
I  saw "lets play video" SIMS 3 yesterday  and author of the video had lags! But he probably does not care.He even recored video with lags.
So i thing this is "normal" and people just dot care about lags. But I do not want lags.

Are you only having problems like this when playing in Union Cove?  If not, I suggest you look at our Technical Help board for ideas on how to increase the performance of your game.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #317 on: March 20, 2013, 06:44:07 AM »

How many items are in those 5 big files though? 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline elpisln

• Nooboo
« Reply #318 on: March 23, 2013, 12:43:49 PM »
I can't go university or travel to China, France, Egypt. Game crashes on the loading screen.

Offline laurasim

• Nooboo
« Reply #319 on: April 07, 2013, 06:10:16 PM »
(Im not sure if this is in the right place, so Sorry in advanced:]) When i installed UC It was my dream town, but it made my gameplay Terrible, and there was Lots of glitches.. So bad that all 5 households i was playing ended up starving because It was stuck putting sim in a crib" action, and others.  i tried resetsim and all the rest of them but nothing worked. My computer is on the average side , Nothing to Techy so it might have something to do with that? I'd love a resolution!THANKS!:D

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #320 on: April 09, 2013, 01:18:25 PM »
Sometimes lowering the graphics settings helps. Also, I find that saving every six in-game hours helps to stop the game freezing as much and you can always go back to a previous save. When the game does freeze, try hitting the Window's button (Presuming you are on a Windows computer) and if you don't get back to desktop view, turn the computer off manually by pressing and holding the power box either on your hard drive or wherever it is on your laptop (Mine is to the right of the speakers on a Samsung laptop). I hope this helps.  :)
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Gabsiela

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #321 on: April 13, 2013, 11:04:11 PM »
Hey All,

I can't access the Fairy Arboretum in Union Cove (I have the full version). This is only happening in my Union Cove game which is why I thought I'd post it here.

Any Sim I want to tour the Arboretum or search for fairies etc. just stamps their foot with a bubble appearing above their head with a flower bush under a red line (which I take to mean they can't get in because there's a flower bush in their way)... only, the flowers are well clear of the doors.

Cheers.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline elias06999

• Nooboo
« Reply #322 on: April 14, 2013, 10:36:10 AM »
You should download the save file ;)

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #323 on: April 21, 2013, 05:04:53 AM »
I'm currently reinstalling Union Cove but I'm can't remember where to save it to. Please can someone help ASAP!
Bubbles's Workshop

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #324 on: April 24, 2013, 12:29:43 PM »

I haven't played UC for awhile, due to the lag. When I deleted some of the BIG mansions, loaded with stuff, I had less lag.

I would love to use it; but, it's too intensive for my computer.

Offline TheEvilGreebo

• I Worship His Shadow
  • Nooboo
« Reply #325 on: April 25, 2013, 02:36:27 AM »
I am also having problems loading the Seasons Starter Save game (Union Cove Seasons .sims3)

I have Generations, Pets, Seasons and Supernatural, no other expansions.
I have downloaded the full world and verified that it is selectable in the drop down for "Select a Town" when creating a new world.
I have downloaded the save game and verified that it is visible among the list of other saves.
I've done a "factory reset" (deleting my docs\ea\the sims 3 folder completely)

When I try to load the save game, it gets to about 40% complete freezes, my drive is busy for a while but that could just be standard drive noise, and then I get the "A serious error has occurred loading .... " which is of course absolutely perfectly helpful and informative. ;)

I've gone over this thread and seen other people having this problem but haven't seen a solution (which may be a testimony to my reading skills).  Is there one?  Have any of the world builders seen this issue?

System info: Win 7 64 bit, 4G ram, GeForce 9500 GT

Thanks in advance

Offline TheEvilGreebo

• I Worship His Shadow
  • Nooboo
« Reply #326 on: April 25, 2013, 06:03:35 PM »
I made two changes - I bought Ambitions (which sounded too good not to get) and I ended up completely reinstalling the entire game.

I don't know which of those did the trick but the Grove Save file loaded. :D

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #327 on: May 03, 2013, 05:09:17 PM »
I don't know if this is a technical issue or just weirdness.  However, Union Cove is the only town I have that refuses to actually do story progression as I choose it.   Meaning even if I have everything allowed - no one in Union Cove becomes a supernatural without help.   I was hoping that it would help me preserve some townie bloodlines but it looks like I'm not going to have that "help" whatsoever.

This has happened in 5 different game files. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline allyblossom

• Nooboo
« Reply #328 on: May 16, 2013, 10:19:23 AM »
Hi :) i just tried to install Union Cove (the Seasons version) and it all went ok, until I load the main menu to pick a saved game to play. A blank spot appears saying:
Union cove start cannot load this save game. It may have been saved with expansion pack data that is no longer present on this system.
I'm not sure what to do now, how can I fix this? I only have 2 expansions which are Generations and Seasons :)
Thank you for any help I can get  :D

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #329 on: May 16, 2013, 11:21:40 AM »
Hi :) i just tried to install Union Cove (the Seasons version) and it all went ok, until I load the main menu to pick a saved game to play. A blank spot appears saying:
Union cove start cannot load this save game. It may have been saved with expansion pack data that is no longer present on this system.
I'm not sure what to do now, how can I fix this? I only have 2 expansions which are Generations and Seasons :)
Thank you for any help I can get  :D
Welcome to the forum, Ally! Did you remember to download the second file you need to download if you don't have all the expansions? At this link, it says, if you scroll down the page a bit;

If you do not have all Expansion Packs up through Seasons installed, download this saved file and extract it to your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves folder to load UC. You still need to download the full version of UC Seasons. The save file simply allows you to start a new game by loading it, as it's at the first screen. This will get past a crash that would occur with the world if you tried to load with certain missing content. You must LOAD the Saved file, not start a new game!

I hope this helps!
Bubbles's Workshop

anything