Author Topic: The Mythica Immortal Dynasty. [Move to the graveyard please.]  (Read 1608 times)

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
    • Sudden Impulses (& Long Sentences).
The Mythica Immortal Dynasty. [Move to the graveyard please.]
« on: January 11, 2012, 02:21:27 PM »
The Mythica Immortal Dynasty.

Unnecessary Speech:

The Mythica Dynasty would [hopefully] be based on 8 generations of women who are predestined to live forever. I tried to think of a storyline for this, and did think of one or two. As much as I enjoy drama, and having chosen to play with eight women for this challenge, I was sure I'd get lots of opportunities to tell my tale and make it seem like it were some soap opera like The Bold & The Beautiful.

But then I thought again, [something I've been doing a lot for this challenge] and decided to go with the flow. I do have a lot of things planned in this game, but I'd like to stick to my usual manner about things and leave a lot of things unplanned too. And I think reporting them with my perspective and my Sim's too, would be the right route for this one. Besides drama isn't really my forte and although I like writing, I have never had the opportunity to post pictures along with my tale.

For this Dynasty I have chosen to go the Greek way. I have always loved learning everything I could about the Greek Gods and Goddesses, and think it would be a good idea to try and create a Sim based on one of the Goddesses. As such the eight that I have picked have one trait that is in common with the Goddess, and a Lifetime Wish that also stems from their stories. Also the skill they are supposed to supermax would be based on the gift the Goddesses have.

The Dreamweaver Dynasty has really inspired me here, and I am loving every minute of it, I should be done with it tomorrow and would jump to the Man Dynasty next, because I read a little bit off the start and can't wait to get back to it. I'm hoping reading the dynasties by the others would help me stick to mine, and give me the confidence to survive this.

Fingers crossed no hopeful immortal dies unless I'm secretly yearning for them to! Wish me luck.

--

I'm hoping if I do finish this I'd click a snappy picture with all of them and post it here. Therefore, post to be edited sometime in the future. But until then, I'm gonna keep changing it with the woman from the current dynasty. [The curse of wanting to be organized at all times].

Only God Can Do Everything. We Do What We're Capable Of.
-

The Immortal Mythica Dynasty. [Second Attempt]

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
Profiles:
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 02:30:21 PM »
The Immortal Goddesses:

| Demeter Mythica:

From The Goddess: Demeter. The Goddess of Harvest.
Married To: Leighton Sekemoto Mythica.
Child[ren]:Persephone Sekemoto Mythica.
Traits: Green Thumb, Disciplined, Natural Cook, Snob, Lucky.
Lifetime Wish: The Perfect Garden. [0/8]
Lifetime Rewards: Stone Hearted, Super Green Thumb.
Supermax Skill: Gardening.

|| Persephone Mythica:

From The Goddess: Persephone, daughter of Demeter. The Queen Of The Underworld.
Traits: Artistic, Athletic.
Supermax Skill: Atheltic.

-

The Mortal Lovers:

| Leighton Sekemoto Mythica:

Married To: Demeter Mythica.
Child[ren]: Sam Sekemoto Mythica, Persephone Sekemoto Mythica.
Traits: Brave, Good, Family Oriented, Frugal, Ambitious.
Lifetime Wish: Surrounded By Family. [1/5]

-
I'll update the profiles of each Immortals & Their Spouses, as they come along in this post.
-

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: The Mythica Immortal Dynasty.
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 02:51:44 PM »
Great Start! I love the goddess theme! I've always been fascinated with Greek mythology! I'll be looking forward to seeing more of the goddesses :)

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
Getting Started With The Plan:
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 02:57:16 PM »
A normal day in Sunset Valley, but a big day for my Sim: Demeter Mythica. After a lot of careful decision making [OK, after alphabetizing] I picked Demeter as the first immortal and the original matriarch. I tried my best to give her the appearance of a lady. She isn't muscular at all, thin but not skinny, and has some meat on her Ebones. I am hoping that the immortals would all inherit her fair skin and her gray eyes. Although I don't mind if that isn't the case, would make for an interesting twist.

She finally arrived at Sunset Valley [after a few delays] to her empty plot at 15 Summerhill Court. She looked around and took in the vast plot that she'd bought with all her savings, leaving behind a measly 1800 to begin her new life here. Doesn't matter, she's used to ups and downs in life, and she isn't the kind of girl to make such a big move unprepared. She's done her research. [And me too].

And so she didn't wait too long in her empty open plot, instead she hailed a cab and headed over to the bookstore, enjoying the view of the empty streets along the way. Her first wish was to join the education career. As much as I already love her, I politely declined. She then asked to learn the gardening skill and also to take a class for it. After a quick review of her budget, we both decided that it would be best to just try to learn this one on our own. With the gardening and cooking [because every matriarch must know how to cook] books in hand, she headed over to the empty library and first learned the cooking skill, so she'd have some help with her first meal, and then learned the gardening skill.

After that she decided to walk to her destinations. After all she wasn't going to waste her time in the gyms, and a good sim always exercises. Now to get her career on track. A quick trip to the City Hall took care of that. Now she was self employed and ready to get her gardening into full gear. But first, she must take care of a few needs.

After a little bit of confusion, she decided that the firefighter's home would be the best place for a quick meal about now. And then a little stop by the grocery store to pick up a few greens, and off she went to her plot!

By now she had four wishes lined up: To plant something, to grow something, to buy a fridge and to read a book about Gardening. We both had a little trouble with the first one, seeing as it was a huge plot with a huge potential. Where would we place her garden now? After a moment of careful thinking, we decided to plant her fruits and veggies on the side for now, we'd see about what to do of them later.

Planting seeds at 10 O clock at night in a pretty little dress might seem weird to some people, but not to Demeter! She was on a mission. Two more skill points until the next part of her plan was set into motion. And planting those crops got her skill up considerably too. With a happy smile [that she has been maintaining since she entered the town] she set off to the Consignment store for a little nap. And then woke up bright and early to tend to her plants. This got her skill up to level two. And now to take care of that stinky odor...

-

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
Almost There...
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 03:07:48 PM »
After setting her needs straight at the firefighter's, she went back to her plants and spent her time talking to them. This brought her social need up too, which is good because she hasn't met a single soul in the town so far, and she isn't interested in meeting anyone at the moment. All this talking and tending though did get her gardening skill up to level 3. Which is what she was waiting for.

Demeter is the kind of woman that wouldn't like to leave much to fate, and apart from the perfect garden, she also has the secret desire to head one of the most influential families in the city. For the family, she needs babies, and for babies she needs a baby daddy. And not just anyone would do. She had three choices in mind. Two of them had a few flaws, but she could work around them. But there was one man in the town that was just perfect. And if fate was on her side, she'd get him today. She was lucky the first part of her plan went smooth enough and took only two and a half days. But there was a lot more to do.

She was off to meet Bachelor Number One!

-

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 03:08:28 PM »
Great Start! I love the goddess theme! I've always been fascinated with Greek mythology! I'll be looking forward to seeing more of the goddesses :)

Thank you! I can't wait to see what the rest of them look like either. ^^
-

loveSims

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 06:46:49 PM »
Great start! I'm curious to see who she will choose. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 09:43:35 AM »
Great start! I'm curious to see who she will choose. :)

Your curiosity shall end today! :D I had trouble playing now and would have to struggle for a while, but it was fun to play without the cheats. :D
-

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
Humble Beginnings.
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 10:10:43 AM »
Every story has a start and a finish, and Demeter knew hers was going to be shaky. If fate is going to play a huge hand in the success of your dreams, you have to get used to the bumps. She still maintained her smile, except for the times when the going got really rough. She hoped she didn't have to leave so much to chance. Although she did make a list of potentials, her heart was really set on one man. With the others it could only be about her dynasty, but with him it could be about so much more. When she first read about him back home, she began to admire him and wanted to know as much as she could about him. And finally after three days of struggle, she could meet the man today. She hoped everything would work out. She was feeling lucky too. This could only mean good things.

And so we finally found his home with our helpful map, but he was away at the park at the time. This wouldn't dampen our spirits! To the park we went where Demeter would make her friendly introduction to...Leighton Sekemoto.

Why him? He's a loving father. He's brave, family oriented, good, and ambitious. He's also frugal which would help Demeter greatly, because she definitely is anything but that. He'd be a wonderful support to her, and she wouldn't mind having him next to her every night...until his time is up. But she didn't want to think about that now. She introduced herself to him and spent enough time with him to leave a good impression. But now there were other things she had to handle.

-

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
Odd But Good.
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 10:40:50 AM »
After her gardening was done, I decided to invite Leighton out on an outing to the beach. This wasn't a date though seeing as Demeter and Leighton weren't even friends yet, but that would be taken care of easily enough. I wanted to get Leighton with her by the end of the night because he usually turns into a vampire quite early into the story in the other games I play. My other choices are Connor Frio and Christopher Steel. I think they'd do good with the dynasty, but I really didn't want either of them. Nothing wrong with them, but Leighton is just so much more perfect -  as per me [and Demeter]. And so she called him and invited him to the beach.

As you can see, she is really excited to meet him. The thing I really like about Demeter is her smug expression. She is a snob so I suppose that is where it comes from, and she wears it really well. She often has this face when she is walking. She seems so arrogant. And she also is the most graceful Sim I ever played. Even the way she walks is so different and beautiful. I even took a video of it, and plan on using it later for something. But back to the story.

So she confidently marched off to the beach and a few minutes later, Leighton showed up...in his work clothes. At least that's what I think they are. I really hate those clothes. He doesn't even look like himself when he wears them. In fact he looks like Michael Bachelor as a teenager. I had a plan to quickly get them married in front of the vast ocean, and wished he didn't wear that. But I was worried that if I delayed some more, he might turn into a vampire thanks to story progression. I quickly wanted to get him under my control.

Here's another thing that bothered me. The difference in height. I know all Sims are the same height when at the same life stage, but doesn't he look shorter? He did in the park too. After carefully observing while the game was on pause, I realized why it seemed that way. The extra height was because of three things: she's standing on higher ground, he bends and moves and stoops a lot while he speaks, and also as per me, the heels don't help. So I let it go but then I look at these photos and can't help but sigh at the silliness. You tell me what it looks like!

The last one's just so ridiculous, really. But after all this she finally befriended him and even started romantic interactions so that their group outing turned into a date. And she got as far as confessing her attraction. But just when she was about to snatch their first kiss as a couple and her very first kiss, a little bug came in the way. The game kind. For some reason she kept confessing her attraction over and over until Leighton had had enough and decided to leave, thinking she's a bit odd. But before I could freak out about it, I got a notification that she had a great date. Plus Leighton was listed now as her 'Romantic Interest'. Things were good.

-

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
A Private Affair.
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 10:52:27 AM »
Would Demeter let a silly bug ruin her plans? No way. She had to get her man before a sparkly vampire did. So she quickly grabbed a bite to eat and went knocking on her door. Luckily he was there, and he looked so handsome out of his work clothes too. [Thank you God!]

She wasted no time and snagged her first kiss with her would be husband. And then she Proposed that they go steady, after another kiss she proposed they get engaged, and after a kiss to celebrate their engagement, she proposed they have a private wedding. By now, Leighton didn't think an answer was necessary. This woman had swooped into his life and stole his heart. There was no way he was going to turn her away. And so they got married, right there in front of his mother, son, and Xander Clavell.

-

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
Leaving With Regrets:
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 11:18:29 AM »

I really didn't want to leave him behind. Sam Sekemoto. I wanted to move him along with Leighton, but then I wasn't clear about the rules. I think it is allowed and that I can move him with them, but I decided against it anyway because:
1] I wasn't sure if it is allowed.

2] The next couple of weeks are going to be rough. I have a little vague plan in my head, but it is obvious that there would be a struggle, and I didn't think I should take him to the Mythica house when there was no house in the first place.

Did I mention Demeter had a second home? Yeah, the firehouse. That's right. She slept there every night, and ate in their fridge and showered there too. It was her second home. And it was starting to get to me [and her], because I wanted her to live in her plot now. And so I decided to use whatever money she has and the money Leighton would bring, to build her a home. Again, I have a little idea about the house too, and think I know what I would do with it as the generations came and as they prospered in their careers. But for now, together they had a little more than 4000 bucks. [I'm not sure of the math but he bought along a little more than 1000 and she had a little more than that too, and she sold some of her harvest in the inventory.] With the baby though he'd bring 2000+ but I still thought it'd be best to leave him behind. It'd make for an interesting story too.

And so I struggled a little, and had to build the house twice, because I built a deck the first time, thinking it was needed, and ran out of money to put the stairs. My Sims couldn't get into their home, so after a little rebuilding, I present to you...this dump:

I know it doesn't look like much right now. [Demeter agrees with you and adds an extra 'Hmph' from her part. She does that a lot, too.] But I like the insides. Plus I'm going to change it after they have enough money. For now, I think it's quite pleasant, and basic, and not a bad first house. Plus I set it up in greens and browns, which is what I am planning to use for her outfits, and etc.

Building the house was a real struggle, and I had to use every simoleon and carefully plan a lot. They needed the basics, so I bought the cheapest of everything, and hope to replace them as they make more money. At one point I couldn't even find enough cash to buy them a shower, but then I remembered Leighton's inventory and sold the one thing he bought along with him besides his diploma: a book. That gave me an extra 300, and my house was done.

They were only left with 4 Simoleons though, and this worried me because I wasn't sure what to do about that now. But I pushed the thought aside and focused on getting them through their first night.

-

loveSims

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 11:31:19 AM »
I'm glad you rescue Leighton from the vampires! The difference in height is because she stand on a slope. The house is not bad it is just right for the beginning. For cash send your sim to the stonehedge to catch butterflies! There is nice gems also.

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
The First Night.
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2012, 11:36:19 AM »
Demeter was prepared to face a loveless marriage, and a husband that was more of an acquaintance than her partner. Lying in her bed in her old home, she'd come to the conclusion that she'd prefer it too. She wasn't a hopeless romantic. Love wasn't for her. But her husband was Leighton, and her heart couldn't stop beating wildly at every sight of him. She had a lot of hopes for their life together, and their first night together. But she had to be practical.

They hadn't had enough money for a big luxurious bed. They hadn't even had enough for a small bed that would fit the both of them in. So they had to make do with sleeping bags. Luckily they had just enough for two of those.

After having a quick meal while trying to balance their plates, she and Leighton lay back down on their beds for the night. Leighton hadn't said a word to her since they moved in. She even stood alone and had her dinner quietly as he went to take a shower. Was something wrong?

And then she realized what it was: His son. Leighton was missing his son. After the wedding he had followed her home with his luggage, seeming really happy. But then as he waved goodbye to Sam, he fell silent. He didn't seem happy anymore. He was missing his son, and probably regretting their marriage now.

Demeter wished she didn't have to leave Sam behind too. A young boy would fit in quite well in her dynasty. Well, maybe that wasn't entirely true. His fate would be the same as his father, but he could contribute to the dynasty. And she wouldn't mind raising Leighton's child, even if he wasn't hers. But the decision was made.

The newly married couple then went to bed, and hadn't said a word to each other since they had left the Sekemoto house.

-

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
With A Little Bit Of Luck:
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2012, 11:59:54 AM »
Demeter and Leighton went their separate ways the next day. They had a lot to do. Demeter had snagged an opportunity and was concentrating on her grape vines so she could send a few to the big restaurant in the city. And she even raised her skills for her to fertilize her plants. The first harvest wasn't far away. She could finally earn her first salary now, and hopefully get a promotion or two.

As luck would have it, while looking for seeds, she found quite a few Uncommon and rare seeds, along with some nice and great ones. And finally, she caught a rare lizard and immediately sold him to get her 89 Simoleons. She used this to buy five nice Anchovy's to use as fertilizers. Her grape vines were growing well. And after protesting about not being able to reach most of her plants, she rearranged them with a little help.

She hadn't spoken to Leighton the whole day now. She had wanted to cook him breakfast for their first day together, but he grabbed a quick meal instead and took off for the firehouse. She didn't want to go as she had a lot to do, and she didn't want to go back there until she was sure she wouldn't have to sleep in one of those uncomfortable beds ever again. Regardless, she was still a newlywed and couldn't help but feel elated.

---

Leighton had decided to work on his painting skills for the day. He had two days off, thanks to his wedding. As much as he'd love to spend those days holidaying in France with his gorgeous wife, he had other responsibilities to take care of. His time off from work was paid for, and so in the morning he received some money for the day. They owned a beautiful plot, and it was now his responsibility to help with it's growth. And so learning the art of painting and selling a few on the side won't hurt at all.

He started off small and then tried his hand on a medium, and then again a small. He had raised his skill to three by the end of the day, and added a little more than thirty Simoleons to the family funds. Not much, but quite promising.

It was time to head back for the night. He missed his son, and he was afraid he would one day wake up and come to the realization that he'd made the wrong decision leaving him behind. But in his heart he knew hadn't chosen Demeter over Sam. Sam was his son, and Demeter was the woman he loved. He had to stop avoiding her because of the shame he felt.

-