Author Topic: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: COMPLETED 11/11/13  (Read 156679 times)

SimBlip

Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Interlude 6 2/4/13
« Reply #850 on: April 02, 2013, 08:47:40 PM »
You are so good at story telling! This interlude is the best to date, and that says a lot because the other ones were splendid in their own right!
I love the almost casual way to explain about each persons immediate interest; whether it's the receptionist and her problems with the job and missing colleague, or the darling girl who ate more jellybeans than she should have.
I think Daniel behaved as distinguished a man in death as in life. I just hope... so hope, that he'll find happiness at the end of the rainbow. :)

Offline Rowan

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #851 on: April 03, 2013, 01:54:30 PM »
Nothing like the afterlife. All the different interpretations are so fun.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #852 on: April 04, 2013, 07:00:45 PM »
You are so creative! I loved every minute of it! When the blonde receptionist said that thing about medical school, I laughed so hard!

Thanks! The receptionist is based off quite a few people I know :)

Wow! I think that's the best interlude to date! It's so creative how it was like they were at a doctors surgery waiting for their prescription! Except here they were finding out how they were going to spend eternity.

Thanks! I came up with the idea when I was stuck waiting for a train at Paddington station in London and watching everyone go off to their destinations. I'd packed my book too far into my bag to get it out on the really cold concourse, so this chapter is really all the fault of my packing skills.

Wow, that chapter was amazing! I absolutely loved it, I hope we see more of the mysterious waiting room. I wander where Daniel went...

We might well see more of it. And you'll definitely find out where Daniel went soon!

You are so good at story telling! This interlude is the best to date, and that says a lot because the other ones were splendid in their own right!
I love the almost casual way to explain about each persons immediate interest; whether it's the receptionist and her problems with the job and missing colleague, or the darling girl who ate more jellybeans than she should have.
I think Daniel behaved as distinguished a man in death as in life. I just hope... so hope, that he'll find happiness at the end of the rainbow. :)

He will :) I'm far too attached to him to not give him a happy life (death?). I'm soppy like that with my sims. I also like Saskia the jellybean ghost far too much just to leave her in this interlude! Thanks, I love your comments, they're always so in depth and lovely!

Nothing like the afterlife. All the different interpretations are so fun.

I know, I love reading other people's interpretations of the afterlife.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Generation 8, Chapter 139 8/4/13
« Reply #853 on: April 08, 2013, 08:59:34 AM »
Genie-ues and Idiots

Mary: Do you like the moon? I like the moon. It's really pretty and nice and shiny and I can't believe it's so far away.

The first thing you'll notice about this picture is that Mary no longer has yellow in her hair.

Mary: And the stars. The stars are pretty too. I named a star and it's on science maps and everything now.

Jacques: Stars aren't as pretty as you though.

Mary: *swoon*

Ret: You see, I don't deserve to be grounded because Dad died and that's not my fault. I'm grieving, Mary. I'm so sad I couldn't help running out to a dance club and playing pool.

Josie: She could, I did. And I'm the one fixing the sink while she's been in the hot-tub all day. And she hasn't done her homework.

Mary: This place is a tip, I can't invite Jaques in tonight unless someone tidies up.

Ret: Josie'll tidy it, I've got to go do my homework as she's reminded me to.

Mary: Yes, do your homework!

Josie: Maaarrrryyyyy!

Mary: What star sign are you?

Jaques: Aquarius.

Mary: Oh, that's so compatible with mine!

Jaques: Really? I don't believe in star sign compatibility.

Ret: So embarrassing when your older sister can't even flirt right.

Meanwhile, Iris has achieved an amazing feat of engineering. Her fountain has water coming off it before she's even finished making it, and there aren't even any puddles.

Iris: What can I say? I'm awesome.

Mary: You're neat! I'm neat too!

Jaques: I can't stand anything being out of place.

Mary: Neither can I.

Jaques: We're so similar!

Ret: At least she's found someone just as incompetent at flirting as she is.

Iris has taken a job in the sports career because she needs more opportunities and athletics is a free skill (Sam and Lexa both maxed it for their careers). However she hasn't really got the hang of appropriate sports wear.

Iris: This is so hard!

Take your heels off?

Iris: What if I have to leave the house in an emergency because of sharks?! I'll need shoes.

And you think you can run outside in shows you can't run in inside?

Iris: Of course.

Her idea of appropriate clothes for coaching toddlers in is interesting too.

Iris: It's outside so of course I need protection from the elements and the bees and stuff. And the dress is blue.

And very short.

Iris: If you'll excuse me, I'm tired and need to get home.

Genie: Wow, is that a light fitting? Wow.

Gabrielle: You're here to grant wishes, not stare at the ceiling.

Genie: Fine. What do you want?

Gabrielle: My husband back.

Genie: Dynasty restrictions, sorry.

Gabrielle: But it says on the Dusty Old Lamp Guarantee that I get three wishes of my choosing.

Genie: Ah, but you have to choose from my list. Check the Terms and Conditions.

Gabrielle: That's not fair. But fine. I'll have the wealth.

Genie: Your wish is my command!

Gabrielle: When it suits you.

Gabrielle: Maybe I'll just stick to gardening. Daniel always hated the idea of muck getting into the house. Ooh, the potato crop is good this time round.

And Mary's skulking in the park.

Mary: Waiting.

For what?

Mary: Nothing.

Nothing looks similar to Jaques.

Mary: Flowers?

Jaques: They're lovely.

Mary: Is this lovely too?

Jaques: Ummmffhh.

I think you're hampering his ability to breathe.

Mary: Oh. Sorry.

And then my view is interrupted by the camera swinging back to watch Albert age up.

Albert: Josie! Josie!

Josie: Have you got the answer to question ten now then? I still haven't.

Albert: No,  it's my birthday!

Josie: That's not fair, you don't have to finish the homework.

How do you bend your legs like that?!

Albert: I don't look half bad for a random aging-up outfit.

Mary: Jaques I-don't-know-your-surname, will you marry me?

Jaques: Smith.

Mary: What?

Jaques: My surname. You'll need to know it now you're marrying me.

But before the wedding we have a graduation to attend.

Albert: Free! Free of school!

Ethel: I'm so tired.

Shouldn't have stayed up klepto-ing all night then.

Ret: I don't want to be left in school! I hate Albert! And these stupid flamingoes!

Gabrielle: Margaret Lorraine! Stop that right now!

Ret: Don't EVER call me that again, or it'll be your potato plants next.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #854 on: April 08, 2013, 09:04:32 AM »
Ret is such a rebel! Poor Josie forced to clean up because of her. Happy Birthday to Albert and good work to Iris for making a fountain that hasn't created heaps of puddles! She is pretty amazing.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #855 on: April 08, 2013, 09:13:04 AM »
Ret is all kinds of awesome. You are such a funny writer.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #856 on: April 09, 2013, 09:59:41 AM »
Ret is such a rebel! Poor Josie forced to clean up because of her. Happy Birthday to Albert and good work to Iris for making a fountain that hasn't created heaps of puddles! She is pretty amazing.

Iris is pretty awesome yeah. She'd nearly supermaxed at that point and obviously completing sculpting challenges gives you more weird abilities than just non-melting ice! And yeah I feel sorry for Josie too, being the only well behaved one.

Ret is all kinds of awesome. You are such a funny writer.

Thanks :) Also, yay, I haven't seen you around on here for a while!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #857 on: April 09, 2013, 11:19:34 AM »
Congrats to Mary and Jacques! Poor Gabrielle. She really misses Daniel.

SimBlip

« Reply #858 on: April 09, 2013, 08:49:28 PM »
I loved the Mary - Jacques interactions! *wiping tears of laughter*
Hehe! It's great someone comments on water fountains functioning before they are sculpted. I've seen that happen a lot, and everytime I think, that someone got extremely tired in the EA Development Department.
Also love the idea of running a treadmill on pumps and wearing a bee net to coach tods!
O-o before I forget: the conversation/action with Mr Genie was fab too!  ;

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #859 on: April 10, 2013, 08:48:14 AM »
Congrats to Mary and Jacques! Poor Gabrielle. She really misses Daniel.

She does, I feel really sorry for her. All she has left is potato plants and Ret's threatening to squash them.

I loved the Mary - Jacques interactions! *wiping tears of laughter*
Hehe! It's great someone comments on water fountains functioning before they are sculpted. I've seen that happen a lot, and everytime I think, that someone got extremely tired in the EA Development Department.
Also love the idea of running a treadmill on pumps and wearing a bee net to coach tods!
O-o before I forget: the conversation/action with Mr Genie was fab too!  ;

It's the first time I've ever seen it happen with the sculpture, but I don't really watch sims sculpting much so that's probably why. I love insane sims and their outfit choices, but her career outfit is weird even for Iris!

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Generation 8, Chapter 140 10/4/13
« Reply #860 on: April 10, 2013, 09:51:42 AM »
Undead Brothers

I'm fairly sure the last time we met Jaques, he had hair.

Ret: Or maybe, he was hiding his baldness under the hat.

Mary: I love you without the hair.

Ret: Baaaldyyyy. Baaadlyyyy.

Yes, that's quite enough.

Hair or no hair, it's a nice wedding.

Mary: I take thee, Jaques Smith, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health...

Ret: With hair or with no hair...

Mary: ... to have and to hold, from this day forwards.

Albert, Gabrielle: Aww, such a lovely wedding.

Josie: What wedding?

And I wish I could provide you with a caption for Iris but I honestly have no idea.

Iris: It's a common frog wedding ritual.

Of stabbing yourself while shouting you're hungry?

Iris: Oh, I didn't know I was holding my chisel.

Iris: Ahh, what a lovely wedding.

Ethel: It's still creepy. Mostly because of the chisel. But also just because it's you.

Mary and Jaques move out to start their new, saner life away from this house. But the madness remains.

Iris: One more sculpture, and I'm supermaxed! Onwards, for the win!

That's all well and good, but you're not going to get very far.

Iris: It's modern art.

But there's no category for Air Sculptures, so you're going to have to do another stone one.

Iris: Not fair.

Iris: I hate you and will remain hating you until the end of my days. I will hunt you down.

Good. But can you do that sculpture first?

Iris: A true artist cannot work to requirements.

Again... I don't even have anything to say. Perhaps the picture speaks for itself.

Iris: I'm normal. Why can't you see that?

In non-weird news, Albert finally gets his YA outfits. I just recoloured the everyday wear he aged up in, as it suited him really well. He's chosen to join the music career because his LTW is to be a Hit Movie Composer. I doubt he'll achieve it before Iris moves out, but it's worth a try.

The requirements situation is that Iris is supermaxed in sculpting and completed the photography career as a teen. Everything's pretty much sorted apart from Ret making the last few NPC friends needed and Iris getting some opportunities. Which are very thin on the ground. That's why she's in the sports career, like I said last chapter, and why she's now taken up drumming.

She's so busy drumming, she fails to notice it's a full moon.

Is that... it can't be...

Iris: What?

Kieran's still a zombie. Poor Kieran.

Kieran: Sorry.

S'not your fault. I shouldn't have moved you out, should I? It's my fault really.

Ret: I really need to paint my toes.

I'm having an emotional moment with your uncle and you're talking about toenail polish?

Ret: Yeah, but my toes look ugly.

Daniel: Oh, hey bro.

Kieran: Sorry, can't chat, gotta eat these plants by morning.

Daniel: I might be transparent but at least I'm not a zombie.

Kieran: Heard that!

Daniel: You know I love you really.

Ethel: Dad! You look awesomely ghosty! Dead suits you.

Daniel: Thanks. I think. Anyway, I've got something I need to tell you and I can't stay for long, I'm only passing through. *whispers*

Ethel: Oh!

Ethel: I've missed you.

Daniel: I've missed you all too.

Ethel: But me most of all, obviously.

I can't work out if a zombie with a walking stick is completely unterrifying (they can't go that fast, surely) or even more terrifying (what if it's a weapon?).

But it's just plain weird when they continue to eat dirt even when they're cured.

Iris: So, I made you the sculpture.

Oh yes, as soon as Iris learns another skill the sculpting opps start rolling in. Weird.

Alys: I don't really care about the sculpture, I just wanted an excuse to talk to you and ask you to dinner. Like, as a date?

Criminals: Quick, run!

Ethel: I'm running, I'm running. Are we being busted?!

Ethel: Unless the local police have seriously updated their raid procedure, that's not a raid.

Three generations in Lunar Lakes, and three meteors. I've never had a meteor in any other file.

Ethel: Apparently, if your workplace explodes, you become unemployed.

Not massively surprising, that.

Ethel: Goodbye, criminal career. Hello, some less exciting way of making money.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #861 on: April 10, 2013, 09:58:47 AM »

Three generations in Lunar Lakes, and three meteors. I've never had a meteor in any other file.

Ethel: Goodbye, criminal career. Hello, some less exciting way of making money.

This made me giggle. Great story. I don't comment nearly enough but I read always.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #862 on: April 10, 2013, 10:20:35 AM »
I loved the meteor bit! I also laughed every time I saw Iris with the chisel/dagger/sword/knife... I could go on for hours. Quite recently, I had a mother complaining that she can't pick up her newborn baby, Stella, because she is holding a dirty plate 24/7! It got kind of annoying. How did you get her to put the thing down?
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #863 on: April 10, 2013, 10:38:41 AM »
Iris was probably using the chisel to defend herself from the sharks.  :P

Ethel, there are bigger threats than the police in Lunar Lakes! Like meteors. Wow, three? Guess they're in the asteroid belt or something.

Ahhhh....Mary and Jacques....with his baldness... ;D

Great update!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #864 on: April 10, 2013, 10:48:27 AM »
How did you get her to put the thing down?

If you use resetsim on the sim with something stuck on them it usually works.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #865 on: April 10, 2013, 10:51:06 AM »
I haven't commented in ages, but this chapter was so good I just had to comment on it!
Poor Kieran, still a zombie! He may not be dead yet but I can't imagine being a zombie is much fun!
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Online MarianT

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #866 on: April 10, 2013, 11:44:26 AM »
Great update! I, too, thought Iris was defending herself against sharks. Fingers crossed that you'll get all 10 opportunities. Have you located a possible spouse for Iris?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline NearlyWitches

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Occult
  • Geronimo.
« Reply #867 on: April 10, 2013, 12:29:25 PM »
Maybe the Lunar Lakes police are just improving their technology, either that or Lunar Lakes is lying dangerously close to an asteroid belt. But anyway, great update and I hope Iris can complete her opportunities before she ends up stabbing herself with the chisel  :).

Oh, and I loved this moment in the last chapter. It would have been so romantic if there wasn't a creepy simbot staring at them...

Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #868 on: April 10, 2013, 12:37:00 PM »
This made me giggle. Great story. I don't comment nearly enough but I read always.

I always read and rarely comment on people's stories too, really need to start doing that more!

I loved the meteor bit! I also laughed every time I saw Iris with the chisel/dagger/sword/knife... I could go on for hours. Quite recently, I had a mother complaining that she can't pick up her newborn baby, Stella, because she is holding a dirty plate 24/7! It got kind of annoying. How did you get her to put the thing down?

Yep, reset sim is the only way I've found to get them to drop whatever it is they're holding. That's weird your sim wouldn't pick her baby up, I normally find they pick the babies up whatever else they're holding. I'm glad there weren't any around while Iris had her dagger out!

Iris was probably using the chisel to defend herself from the sharks.  :P

Ethel, there are bigger threats than the police in Lunar Lakes! Like meteors. Wow, three? Guess they're in the asteroid belt or something.

Ahhhh....Mary and Jacques....with his baldness... ;D

Great update!

The meteor thing is weird. I've had Ambitions for a year and a half and only in this file. I might have to start another game in Lunar Lakes now to see if your asteroid belt theory is true... I suspect it might be!

I haven't commented in ages, but this chapter was so good I just had to comment on it!
Poor Kieran, still a zombie! He may not be dead yet but I can't imagine being a zombie is much fun!

I know, I feel really sorry for Kieran. First him, his wife and his child all disappear from the file and then he comes back as a zombie.

Great update! I, too, thought Iris was defending herself against sharks. Fingers crossed that you'll get all 10 opportunities. Have you located a possible spouse for Iris?

She did eventually get all 10 opportunities, but it took quite a while. The only spouse options she had were a couple of male vampires (and nobody in the house could learn potent cure in time), and women. So she's going to end up marrying a woman and then finding a baby-daddy in the new town.

Maybe the Lunar Lakes police are just improving their technology, either that or Lunar Lakes is lying dangerously close to an asteroid belt. But anyway, great update and I hope Iris can complete her opportunities before she ends up stabbing herself with the chisel  :).

Oh, and I loved this moment in the last chapter. It would have been so romantic if there wasn't a creepy simbot staring at them...

Iris stabbing herself with a chisel is always a risk. Even when she isn't near any chisels. I hadn't even noticed the creepy simbot! I think she's the Simbot best friend of Sophie from the last generation, unless Simbots can generate themselves which I don't think they can. But still, she's really quite creepy in that shot.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Watcher
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #869 on: April 10, 2013, 04:29:57 PM »

Blink, your dead. Look away, your dead. Mary and Baldy-Head need to learn this. What else should they do when Weeping Simbots attack?
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #870 on: April 10, 2013, 08:19:54 PM »
Blink, your dead. Look away, your dead. Mary and Baldy-Head need to learn this. What else should they do when Weeping Simbots attack?

Yay, Doctor Who! Mary Sparrow, prepare to be sent to live yourself to death.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #871 on: April 12, 2013, 03:28:30 PM »
Another meteor?  That's beyond ridiculous.  Poor Ethel, losing her job like that.  Funny, though - and at least no-one got hurt.

Chantal, the sculptor in my DecaDynasty, got a chisel stuck like that for a few days - and she kept hugging her husband and daughter.  Very disturbing.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #872 on: April 15, 2013, 02:52:48 PM »

Yay, Doctor Who! Mary Sparrow, prepare to be sent to live yourself to death.

I love Doctor Who too :) And I'm completely terrified of the weeping angels. After the last episode with them on was on, I had to visit a house for work which had a little stone angel on it's balcony. I nearly had to ring my boss and say I wasn't going in!

Another meteor?  That's beyond ridiculous.  Poor Ethel, losing her job like that.  Funny, though - and at least no-one got hurt.

Chantal, the sculptor in my DecaDynasty, got a chisel stuck like that for a few days - and she kept hugging her husband and daughter.  Very disturbing.

I know! I really don't understand why this file has been so full of them! And yeah, nobody died which is good. It really is disturbing when they get the chisel stuck and try and do things, at least Iris didn't hug any children.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Generation 8, Chapter 141 15/4/13
« Reply #873 on: April 15, 2013, 03:37:41 PM »
I'm Bad At Thinking of Chapter Titles

We open with a dying paparazzi. I can't say he'll be missed at the CrumpleSteel house. But all his death seemed to achieve was dropping everyone's action queues so they could go up and watch him die.

Ret then decided that while the Grim Reaper was reaping was an amazing time to age up.

Ret: Not ready...that's a waste of those eggs I bought to egg Mary's new house!

But you'll be able to legally go clubbing.

Ret: Nobody checks ID in Lunar Lakes. Sort my hair out.

Josie also ages up.

Josie: Yay, I can finally join the science career!

All six kids are no longer kids. Wow. There's been so many this gen that I've almost forgotten what it's like to not be able to prank.

We sort Ret's hair out eventually. I quite like her actually. She's really pretty without being generic. Gabrielle's and Daniel's more unique genes have meshed quite well into her face.

I didn't manage to get a close-up of Josie in the mirror. I was playing really fast at this point because the crashing in the file was so bad, and she never did get her clothes made over because of all the lag and crashing. You can see in this screenie how badly she's rendering as well.

Her looks are a lot closer to EA generic, but she's still got a few differences and she's still nice looking.

They graduate. Josie gets voted most likely to have a large family (with Eccentric, Handy, Excitable, Friendly and another trait which definitely isn't family oriented). Ret gets most likely to save the world, which considering her LTW is to make friends and she probably won't go to work is interesting.

Ret: I need food, not you musing on our stupid ribbons!

Josie: Just because I got Valedictorian.

That at least was hardly a surprise.

Ret, babe, you're supposed to be making friends not talking about death.

Seeing as Ethel's work location exploded, she joins the sports career with Iris. Nobody's told her the uniform has changed though.

And Mia James had fainted.

Vamp Sports Star: Look at my teeth.

Gala Ball: Don't mind me.

She was also in the Criminal Hideout Blast.

Iris: I'm so proud of my little sisters for graduating.

Ethel: I can't believe Iris beat me today. I hate her. I'm going to get her.

Sisterly love there, Ethel.

Ethel: Well now she's in my way.

I think the two fainted vamps are in your way more than Iris is.

Iris: Gala! Why are you under my feet?!

Why are you standing over her is possibly a better question.

Ethel: I'm out of here.

Iris: I see the forum!

Mia: Poor Gala, it must be really embarrassing to faint outside the sports stadium.

Leaving the vamp/CrumpleSteel/stadium madness behind...

Ret: Hi there, school friend. You're going to become my 10th best friend.

Iris: Oh my God, I think the sharks are coming for me!

Iris: No, wait, I'm just having a birthday.

Overreacting much.

Iris: Why can't anyone else see the threat?

Mid-life crisis time.

While Iris is busy checking her wrinkles, I can show you her collection of space rocks. That meteor was useful for something after all.

At this point we had career, skill, best friends, building, property, collection, tombstone and age all locked in for her requirements, as well as the honour roll in school stuff. She was waiting on a couple of opps and for Ret to finish getting NPC friends.

Seeing as this is the penultimate update of Iris' generation, here's a bonus shot of Josie's bum on fire.

Josie: Yeah, thanks.

And to add insult to injury, Gala Ball becomes a singed vampire zombie at the full moon. Iris isn't impressed by her work colleagues.

Next time - a wedding (and the right one too).

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Generation 8, Chapter 141 15/4/13
« Reply #874 on: April 15, 2013, 03:44:39 PM »
Woot a wedding I like weddings. You have come so far you must be really proud of yourself.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

anything