Author Topic: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: COMPLETED 11/11/13  (Read 310791 times)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Generation 8, Chapter 138 21/3/13
« Reply #840 on: March 21, 2013, 09:19:11 PM »
<sniff> Bye, Daniel. You were my favorite heir since Lexa.

At least the teens still managed to enjoy themselves, even if they totally got caught by curfew enforcement.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #841 on: March 23, 2013, 05:51:46 PM »
Awww, bye Daniel. I'll miss your snark. :(

Side note: I like Iris's dress.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #842 on: March 31, 2013, 02:32:06 PM »
We should have guessed they'd be difficult teenagers. Poor Ret, getting busted the same day her dad dies.

I'm hoping for some easy teenagers next generation. Then again Josie is quite easy, apart from when she sets herself on fire inventing. And yeah, that was really awful timing! I wasn't even meaning for them to stay there long, completely forgot about them when setting Iris up to scuplt.

<sniff> Bye, Daniel. You were my favorite heir since Lexa.

At least the teens still managed to enjoy themselves, even if they totally got caught by curfew enforcement.

I loved Daniel too! Though I honestly don't think I can rank my favourite heirs though, I'm too attached to most of them. Except Ben, who I just never quite got. I think Albert and Ret had a good time, although they were the only ones in the club the whole time!

Awww, bye Daniel. I'll miss your snark. :(

Side note: I like Iris's dress.

So will I! I think her dress is a store item, I can't remember which one though. All I know is that it's originally yellow and grey before it's recoloured.

SimBlip

« Reply #843 on: March 31, 2013, 09:20:23 PM »
I'm glad Daniel saw the girls grow up. It's strange, but I really thought Kieran would pass over first.
Ethel still cracks me up. She is such a pretty girl, but she has no sense of fashion at all, does she? And oh my, Ret is fun!
Great updates, Ariana! :)

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #844 on: April 01, 2013, 06:31:50 AM »
I'm glad Daniel saw the girls grow up. It's strange, but I really thought Kieran would pass over first.
Ethel still cracks me up. She is such a pretty girl, but she has no sense of fashion at all, does she? And oh my, Ret is fun!
Great updates, Ariana! :)

So did I. I had about a week of those messages saying Kieran was going to die soon, and then they stopped, but he still hasn't died. I don't think he ever did in the file before I moved towns. Maybe some part of the zombie-ness stays around!

She is, I think I'm going to have fun with her. And I was planning to move Ethel out at this point, but I don't think I can now! She's my favourite this gen.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Interlude 6 2/4/13
« Reply #845 on: April 02, 2013, 02:16:05 PM »
Interlude Six - The Waiting Room

Daniel was floating through a door. If this was the afterlife, he thought, it was quite boring. And not very interactive. The path he was following was a plain corridor, and he didn't seem able to move off it. each time he tried the path pressed back, gently at first but more insistantly if he kept trying. Almost suffocatingly insistantly.

"Name?"

"Daniel Christopher CrumpleSteel." He gave his name automatically. Perhaps it was the years of giving his name on request, but he could have sworn he felt a tiny press in his throat.

"Thanks. Means of death?" The receptionist barely looked up at him as she spoke, instead watching the tapping of her fingers on the keyboard.

"Umm, I just died, I guess. It just sort of happened when I was coming home from two of my daughters' graduations. I was ninty-six."

"Old age then. Take a seat, you'll be called when you've been processed."

"What do you mean, when I've been processed?" he asked.

"Well, we can't do you all instantly. This isn't the only waiting room, and we're short-staffed today as well. Worst of all Kelly isn't even properly ill, I saw her out last night. But anyway. Take a seat and you'll be called when you've been processed."

"I don't want to be processed!" He protested, but the press was driving him towards the seat anyway.

"You think I want to process you? I'm only here until I can get enough money to go to medical school. Take a seat please, Mr CrumpleSteel."

Daniel contined protesting as he was propelled towards the nearest seat. It wasn't an uncomfortable room, although sterile and neat in a slightly morbid colour scheme. There were books and magazines he'd never seen before, something which would normally have piqued his interest, but there were too many unanswered questions to concentrate.

As he sat, as calmly as he could in the situation, a few more people entered. One was in and out almost instantly ("Unlucky, I'd bet," said the receptionist), an old man who declared he'd been electrocuted and sat down without any fuss to read a magazine, and a brightly-coloured young woman.

"Means of death?" asked the receptionist in her flat tone.

"Jelly bean bush."

"No, seriously now. How did you die?" She tried again.

"I told you, I ate a jelly bean off a bush and then I died. I wasn't expecting it either, truth be told."

"I hope you're not kidding me, because that's not an option on the system and I'm going to have to ring head office. They'll sack me if it's a prank call."

"It's not, I'm telling you!"

Daniel thought he remembered the receptionist saying she hated her job anyway.

"Hello, can I speak to Tony please? Yes, it's Cathy from Waiting Room Eleven. I've got someone in, as Miss Saskia Hall, who says she died by jelly bean and I can't find it on the system." Cathy gave the bright ghost a glare, which she rapidly rearranged into a neutral expression as she listened to Tony on the other end of the phone. "Oh... right... so I click on 'override' and then enter it manually? Great. Thanks Tony, you're the best IT man ever!"

"Told you so."

"Take a seat and you'll be called when you've been processed."

"I told her so, and I can't believe she didn't agree with me!" The bright ghost, Saskia, came and sat in the seat next to Daniel, constatly muttering under her breath. "You look like an old-age ghost," she said, this time aimed at him.

"What?"

"Like you died of old age."

"I did. Well, that's what they said over there." He gestured towards Cathy's desk.

"Ah, well, they could be wrong then. They're a bit useless up here."

"How do you know so much about it?" Daniel asked her.

"My grandad told me. He died last year. You see, there's options when you get up here. Sometimes someone from your family will put your urn out, so you'll get sent back home. My grandad was the only one that liked me though, so I'm not expecting that one. Or you can be put on a different world as a ghost, or made alive again and put on a different world, and I think there's some other options but he doesn't know what they are. Apparently sometimes it takes days to be processed. Days and days. There was a guy in here when Grandad was up that had been three weeks and they still didn't know where he was going. He'd had the entired catered menu by that time."

"There's catering?" That didn't seem like the most important question, but it was the one that came out of Daniel's mouth.

"Yeah, and the stew is to die for, my grandad said. Literally. Get it?"

Daniel laughed, because if he was going to be stuck with this girl for weeks he didn't want to be in her bad books. But she certainly liked to talk.

She was halfway through a tale about two of her sisters, which was making him painfully homesick, when a official-looking man entered.

"Mr Daniel CrumpleSteel?"

"That'll be me."

"This way please, you've been processed."

Daniel was handed a pink slip, which he didn't have a chance to read, and exited the room behind the man whose nametag proclaimed him to be Lucas Paul. Saskia waved cheerfully, and wished him a happy death. He was rather glad to be leaving her behind.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #846 on: April 02, 2013, 03:24:45 PM »
You are so creative! I loved every minute of it! When the blonde receptionist said that thing about medical school, I laughed so hard!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #847 on: April 02, 2013, 04:42:04 PM »
Wow! I think that's the best interlude to date! It's so creative how it was like they were at a doctors surgery waiting for their prescription! Except here they were finding out how they were going to spend eternity.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #848 on: April 02, 2013, 06:54:17 PM »
Wow, that chapter was amazing! I absolutely loved it, I hope we see more of the mysterious waiting room. I wander where Daniel went...

SimBlip

« Reply #849 on: April 02, 2013, 08:47:40 PM »
You are so good at story telling! This interlude is the best to date, and that says a lot because the other ones were splendid in their own right!
I love the almost casual way to explain about each persons immediate interest; whether it's the receptionist and her problems with the job and missing colleague, or the darling girl who ate more jellybeans than she should have.
I think Daniel behaved as distinguished a man in death as in life. I just hope... so hope, that he'll find happiness at the end of the rainbow. :)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #850 on: April 03, 2013, 01:54:30 PM »
Nothing like the afterlife. All the different interpretations are so fun.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #851 on: April 04, 2013, 07:00:45 PM »
You are so creative! I loved every minute of it! When the blonde receptionist said that thing about medical school, I laughed so hard!

Thanks! The receptionist is based off quite a few people I know :)

Wow! I think that's the best interlude to date! It's so creative how it was like they were at a doctors surgery waiting for their prescription! Except here they were finding out how they were going to spend eternity.

Thanks! I came up with the idea when I was stuck waiting for a train at Paddington station in London and watching everyone go off to their destinations. I'd packed my book too far into my bag to get it out on the really cold concourse, so this chapter is really all the fault of my packing skills.

Wow, that chapter was amazing! I absolutely loved it, I hope we see more of the mysterious waiting room. I wander where Daniel went...

We might well see more of it. And you'll definitely find out where Daniel went soon!

You are so good at story telling! This interlude is the best to date, and that says a lot because the other ones were splendid in their own right!
I love the almost casual way to explain about each persons immediate interest; whether it's the receptionist and her problems with the job and missing colleague, or the darling girl who ate more jellybeans than she should have.
I think Daniel behaved as distinguished a man in death as in life. I just hope... so hope, that he'll find happiness at the end of the rainbow. :)

He will :) I'm far too attached to him to not give him a happy life (death?). I'm soppy like that with my sims. I also like Saskia the jellybean ghost far too much just to leave her in this interlude! Thanks, I love your comments, they're always so in depth and lovely!

Nothing like the afterlife. All the different interpretations are so fun.

I know, I love reading other people's interpretations of the afterlife.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Generation 8, Chapter 139 8/4/13
« Reply #852 on: April 08, 2013, 08:59:34 AM »
Genie-ues and Idiots

Mary: Do you like the moon? I like the moon. It's really pretty and nice and shiny and I can't believe it's so far away.

The first thing you'll notice about this picture is that Mary no longer has yellow in her hair.

Mary: And the stars. The stars are pretty too. I named a star and it's on science maps and everything now.

Jacques: Stars aren't as pretty as you though.

Mary: *swoon*

Ret: You see, I don't deserve to be grounded because Dad died and that's not my fault. I'm grieving, Mary. I'm so sad I couldn't help running out to a dance club and playing pool.

Josie: She could, I did. And I'm the one fixing the sink while she's been in the hot-tub all day. And she hasn't done her homework.

Mary: This place is a tip, I can't invite Jaques in tonight unless someone tidies up.

Ret: Josie'll tidy it, I've got to go do my homework as she's reminded me to.

Mary: Yes, do your homework!

Josie: Maaarrrryyyyy!

Mary: What star sign are you?

Jaques: Aquarius.

Mary: Oh, that's so compatible with mine!

Jaques: Really? I don't believe in star sign compatibility.

Ret: So embarrassing when your older sister can't even flirt right.

Meanwhile, Iris has achieved an amazing feat of engineering. Her fountain has water coming off it before she's even finished making it, and there aren't even any puddles.

Iris: What can I say? I'm awesome.

Mary: You're neat! I'm neat too!

Jaques: I can't stand anything being out of place.

Mary: Neither can I.

Jaques: We're so similar!

Ret: At least she's found someone just as incompetent at flirting as she is.

Iris has taken a job in the sports career because she needs more opportunities and athletics is a free skill (Sam and Lexa both maxed it for their careers). However she hasn't really got the hang of appropriate sports wear.

Iris: This is so hard!

Take your heels off?

Iris: What if I have to leave the house in an emergency because of sharks?! I'll need shoes.

And you think you can run outside in shows you can't run in inside?

Iris: Of course.

Her idea of appropriate clothes for coaching toddlers in is interesting too.

Iris: It's outside so of course I need protection from the elements and the bees and stuff. And the dress is blue.

And very short.

Iris: If you'll excuse me, I'm tired and need to get home.

Genie: Wow, is that a light fitting? Wow.

Gabrielle: You're here to grant wishes, not stare at the ceiling.

Genie: Fine. What do you want?

Gabrielle: My husband back.

Genie: Dynasty restrictions, sorry.

Gabrielle: But it says on the Dusty Old Lamp Guarantee that I get three wishes of my choosing.

Genie: Ah, but you have to choose from my list. Check the Terms and Conditions.

Gabrielle: That's not fair. But fine. I'll have the wealth.

Genie: Your wish is my command!

Gabrielle: When it suits you.

Gabrielle: Maybe I'll just stick to gardening. Daniel always hated the idea of muck getting into the house. Ooh, the potato crop is good this time round.

And Mary's skulking in the park.

Mary: Waiting.

For what?

Mary: Nothing.

Nothing looks similar to Jaques.

Mary: Flowers?

Jaques: They're lovely.

Mary: Is this lovely too?

Jaques: Ummmffhh.

I think you're hampering his ability to breathe.

Mary: Oh. Sorry.

And then my view is interrupted by the camera swinging back to watch Albert age up.

Albert: Josie! Josie!

Josie: Have you got the answer to question ten now then? I still haven't.

Albert: No,  it's my birthday!

Josie: That's not fair, you don't have to finish the homework.

How do you bend your legs like that?!

Albert: I don't look half bad for a random aging-up outfit.

Mary: Jaques I-don't-know-your-surname, will you marry me?

Jaques: Smith.

Mary: What?

Jaques: My surname. You'll need to know it now you're marrying me.

But before the wedding we have a graduation to attend.

Albert: Free! Free of school!

Ethel: I'm so tired.

Shouldn't have stayed up klepto-ing all night then.

Ret: I don't want to be left in school! I hate Albert! And these stupid flamingoes!

Gabrielle: Margaret Lorraine! Stop that right now!

Ret: Don't EVER call me that again, or it'll be your potato plants next.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #853 on: April 08, 2013, 09:04:32 AM »
Ret is such a rebel! Poor Josie forced to clean up because of her. Happy Birthday to Albert and good work to Iris for making a fountain that hasn't created heaps of puddles! She is pretty amazing.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #854 on: April 08, 2013, 09:13:04 AM »
Ret is all kinds of awesome. You are such a funny writer.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

anything