Author Topic: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: COMPLETED 11/11/13  (Read 316635 times)

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: MOVE 8! Chapter 142 16/4/13
« Reply #885 on: April 18, 2013, 09:27:29 AM »
I get the texture glitch Ethel got all the time.

Congrats on your 8th move! Can't wait to see where they move!  :D

molly1231

« Reply #886 on: April 19, 2013, 06:43:51 AM »
I've been reading this and haven't commenting yet I loved the twins in generation one with Sam but my favorite heir was Lexa  ;D.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #887 on: April 19, 2013, 01:39:20 PM »
She could always wait for Flat Stanley to grow up.  (Did you read those books as a kid?)

Congratulations to Iris on finishing her requirements and good luck in finding a shark-free new home.

Yes! I loved Flat Stanley!

I get the texture glitch Ethel got all the time.

Congrats on your 8th move! Can't wait to see where they move!  :D

I've had it occasionally as well, but it's normally only for a split second. Ethel was like that for a while!

I've been reading this and haven't commenting yet I loved the twins in generation one with Sam but my favorite heir was Lexa  ;D.

Emily and Georgia? I'm going to see if I've got a save with them in, I think they're the only main characters from this I don't have saved to my bin. Lexa's awesome too.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Interlude 7 19/4/13
« Reply #888 on: April 19, 2013, 01:55:29 PM »
Interlude 7

Harry (internally): Guarding a door. Seriously. I get all the worst jobs. Nobody's even told me what I'm waiting here for! Bet it's because I'm a spare. Ooh, you're a spare Harry, go guard that door! Go get us coffee! Dance for us Harry, you're a spare and you have to do what you're told!

Hazel: That's a little unfair.

Harry: And I can't even mind-read! It's not fair and it's never been fair!

Hazel: Trust me, mind-readings less fun than you'd think. Most the time all you get is people deciding what to have for lunch.

Harry: Well then, why don't you guard this door?

Hazel: Little brother, that's not even a logical progession of your argument.

Hazel: Let's get this straight. I'm actually coming to take over for you on door duty, seeing as it's my turn. Also, you could have gone off and had a nice afterlife like some of the other second-borns did, you got the choice whether to come and do this. I didn't. And thirdly, I seem to remember that yesterday you were bragging about how exciting being involved was to those girls you were trying to chat up.

Harry: Yeah, but that was yesterday.

Hazel: And you didn't even succeed in chatting anyone up.

Harry: Big sister, that's not a logical progression of your argument.

Hazel: It so is.

Lexa: ** Kelsey holding me up with her new shark-wotsit invention. It won't work and I'm late.

Harry: It so isn't.

Hazel: You're a pain.

Harry: I know, it's why you love me.

Lexa: Clearly not too late if they're still bickering.

Lexa: Hazel, has he arrived yet?

Hazel: Umm..

Lexa: The door, remember? The door!

Harry and Hazel: We remember about the door. (internally) Oh the door.

Lexa: The door! The door is everything! All that was and all that will be!

Harry: I think you're over-egging it a bit there, Lex.

Daniel: Am I here? Anyone? Or have I got off at the wrong stop?

Lexa: Hi, I'm Lexa. I'm your famous ancestor. I hear you're good at writing, that'll be useful. Now hurry, the meeting's about to start.

Harry: I think I'm going to have salad for lunch.

Hazel: Good for you.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #889 on: April 19, 2013, 04:54:35 PM »
Hahaha. Interludes are my favourite. I love Harry.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #890 on: April 21, 2013, 05:39:41 AM »
Hahaha. Interludes are my favourite. I love Harry.

Harry is awesome :)

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Chapter 142 21/4/13
« Reply #891 on: April 21, 2013, 06:01:05 AM »
And The Winner Is...

Twinbrook!

We start in our new town with a fire. Iris attempted to go on a date with the targeted father of generation 9 and somehow everything ended up on fire at the bistro.

You can see Sinbad Rotter with his bum on fire there.

For a town where they invented firefighters, they're all really quite useless at actually firefighting. Or even any kind of basic fire safety like getting away from the area. I'm sure Renee Jones-Brown has moved closer to the fire since it started.

But finally, Iris to the rescue. I think she's still carrying one of the two firefighter hidden traits from Sam back in generation one. That's a look of pure concentration on her face there as well.

Iris: How do you work this thing?

Iris successfully fights the flames while I think Renee tries to hail a taxi. Possibly.

Instead of thanking Iris, the town complains they're tired after all that panicking.

Tim Burre: I'm too starstruck to even speak to her. Iris CrumpleSteel! She's been in movies!

Iris: My date's just died, I saved the town, and absolutely nobody's noticed.

Renee Jones-Brown: Well, that was fun.

Oh yes. Sinbad Rotter, targeted father of generation 9, died of bum-on-fire syndrome.

Grim: Evil. Excellent. A new recruit.

Sinbad: This is going to be way more fun than having babies with a madwoman.

Iris: What madwoman?

Sinbad was so popular, everyone's mourning his death.

Iris: Hello, I've just arrived in this town and I need someone awesome to father my child. I need you! Oh, wait, you've got children already, you're out. Umm. Subject change. So, I like astronauts.

Robert Castor: The bigger problem here is that I'm married.

Iris: That's not a problem in dynasties. Everyone knows that.

Come on Iris, he wasn't even on the targeted spouse list.

Iris: Aren't I allowed free rein?

No, because this is what happens when you get free rein.

Iris: I don't even want love. How hard can it be to find someone who'll get me a baby?

It's time for targetted spouse number 2. However it looks like Dilly Pidgin got there first.

Dilly: I have a sparkly new house. Except I live with my mother.

Iris: Well she's no competition.

Lang Gwyd: You could pick me. Out of all the guys in this house nobody ever picks me.

Justin has such a good set of goofy face expressions.

Iris: Hey there gorgeous. Wanna make some babies?

Justin: You're so blue. And so pretty.

Iris: Oh yeah. Any girlfriends? Any mystery kids already?

Trust the forum, Iris.

Justin: Nope, just you, blue lady.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #892 on: April 21, 2013, 06:05:28 AM »
Wow! I had an idea that it would be Twinbrook but it certainly started interestingly! I mean having Sinbad dying and Iris saving the town. There seemed to be quite a few Sims at the bistro. Jusitn will be a great Gen 9 father.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #893 on: April 21, 2013, 07:28:51 AM »
And you can always do something about the ears. But on the whole, I approve. Glad to see the lists are being helpful. Good luck, Iris! You're getting off to a great start.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #894 on: April 21, 2013, 11:01:15 AM »
Wow! I had an idea that it would be Twinbrook but it certainly started interestingly! I mean having Sinbad dying and Iris saving the town. There seemed to be quite a few Sims at the bistro. Jusitn will be a great Gen 9 father.

I know! I was hoping for a nice relaxed start... There weren't many sims there when Iris and Sinbad arrived, but they all seemed to be drawn to the fire and by the time the Grim Reaper arrived most of the town was there. You think you'd stay away, but not sims!

And you can always do something about the ears. But on the whole, I approve. Glad to see the lists are being helpful. Good luck, Iris! You're getting off to a great start.

I didn't end up doing anything about the ears and I don't think generation 9 has inherited them. Which is probably a good thing. And yeah, the lists were really useful!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #895 on: April 21, 2013, 12:51:41 PM »
I had a sneaking suspicion it would be Twinbrook. You mentioned you'd been playing there a lot lately when you mistakenly called that passed-out woman Gala Ball. I'm excited to see Justin featured. I think he's very cute. It's too bad about Sinbad though.

By samoht04

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #896 on: April 21, 2013, 01:49:19 PM »
RIP Sinbad. It's a shame that your pretty babies won't be a part of the Crumplesteels.

I approve of the new town.

Not that Justin is a downgrade. Um, not even close. ;D
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #897 on: April 21, 2013, 04:51:25 PM »
I had a sneaking suspicion it would be Twinbrook. You mentioned you'd been playing there a lot lately when you mistakenly called that passed-out woman Gala Ball. I'm excited to see Justin featured. I think he's very cute. It's too bad about Sinbad though.

Yeah, that did kinda give it away! Not that Gala Ball appears in it at all as far as I've played (generation nine is a child) so I still don't understand why I called her Gala. I really do feel sorry for Sinbad too, it's really just not fair to die on your first day in a file!

RIP Sinbad. It's a shame that your pretty babies won't be a part of the Crumplesteels.

I approve of the new town.

Not that Justin is a downgrade. Um, not even close. ;D

It was pretty much a toss-up between Justin and Sinbad for the first choice spouse, so maybe this is the game's way of saying I should have picked Justin in the first place. And, yeah, I thought you might approve of the town!

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Chapter 143 23/4/13
« Reply #898 on: April 23, 2013, 05:25:06 AM »
Babymakers

It turns out Iris is awful at flirting.

Iris: If I had a phone, I'd send you love texts every day.

Justin: You do, we just got University.

Iris: If we could make roast dinner, I'd make you one every Sunday.

Justin: Mmm. That's more like it.

The traditional bathroom courtship picture is the mark of any good dynasty. Sappy faces included completely free!

And another fire is too, apparently.

Justin: Fire! FIRE!

The fire alarm is in the kitchen and isn't going off. I don't know if it's meant to be. And instead of putting the fire out, Justin is shoving his bum in front of my camera.

Justin: It's a really big fire!

And you have a really big bum, but it's not going to stop the fire spreading.

Justin: Help me! fire!

He's useless. Iris comes to the rescue once again.

And weirdly it doesn't seem to put a damper on their flirting.

Iris: Stop panicking and kiss me.

Justin: Okay.

You know what's going to happen next.

Alys, for those of you that've remembered her, is out collecting alchemy ingredients for her LTW. So she's not a witness to all this. I plan to keep her and Iris married so it's probably best she doesn't.

Alys: I'm really tired, can I go home yet?

*checks*

Erm, no. Sorry. You've got a few more things you need to do.

Alys: But it's 1am! Nowhere's open.

Everythings 24hrs in the sims. Nowhere else can you get a painting lesson or a tour of the science centre at 2am. Make use of it! People in the real world would love it!

Alys: Hmm.

Fine, go home.

Tim Burre isn't showing as a paparazzi, but he still won't leave our front porch. I don't think he's slept, eaten or peed for three days. He's too busy checking the forum for mentions of himself in stories. I think he's jealous of Chris Steel for getting all the female founders.

Iris: Can we be just friends?

Justin: What? We had something beautiful together!

Iris: Yeah, we'll have a beautiful baby together. But I have a wife, and you should probably go get a job or something. Or a wife. Or a husband, I dunno.

Justin: I can't believe you used me.

Iris: Get used to it, you're in a dynasty. At least the sharks aren't chasing you!

Justin: Sharks? What do you mean about sharks?

Don't start her off. Seriously.

Justin, in a bid to make Iris like him again, gets a restyle. That and I wanted to try out the new University stuff. I think dreads quite suit him.

Iris: Give me my dignity!

Get used to it, you're in a dynasty.

Iris: That's not fair, you can't turn my own words against me!

Everyday outfit.

Formal.

Sleepwear. Definitely out to impress.

Alys also gets a new hairstyle. It's only after I'd saved and quit the game that I realised I'd given her the same one as Gabrielle in the last generation.

In my defence, it was late!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Chapter 143 23/4/13
« Reply #899 on: April 23, 2013, 06:07:17 AM »
Technically, you can't get a painting lesson at 2 am. I don't know why the heck not, but I always have to wait until six for lessons. Anyway, Looking forward to that nooboo! Out of curiosity, why do you want to keep Alys and Iris married?

By samoht04

anything