Author Topic: Unique rocks analyzed bug  (Read 1783 times)

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
Unique rocks analyzed bug
« on: February 07, 2012, 02:38:29 AM »
OK, I am facing a situation here that is ruining my game. I am trying to create a perfect Sim by the way whereby all skills and challenges are maxed. This bug refers to unique rocks analyzed.

Whenever I save my Sim to the library and move him to a new town or when I go to foreign lands in world adventures, the percentage of rocks which I have analyzed so far drops significantly. For example when I have analyzed 97% or 100% unique rocks and travel, the percentage drops to maybe 30% or 20%. The same thing happens when I move my Sim to the library and start a new life again.

This bug is ruining my gaming experience and I kindly hope that EA will fix this. Does anyone else face this irritating problem?

:'(

Offline Noodles

• Occult
  • Guineapig lover ♥
Re: Unique rocks analyzed bug
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 03:26:12 AM »
I never really collect ar analyze space rocks, so I have not experienced this. But I remember reading a discussion on this. Seems there is no solution for this, but you might still want to read this:

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,3259.msg67831.html

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline twallan

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 12:53:58 PM »
Whenever I save my Sim to the library and move him to a new town or when I go to foreign lands in world adventures, the percentage of rocks which I have analyzed so far drops significantly. For example when I have analyzed 97% or 100% unique rocks and travel, the percentage drops to maybe 30% or 20%. The same thing happens when I move my Sim to the library and start a new life again.

Yes, that is a known error in the Library Export routine for the Collecting skill.

Since [World Adventure] traveling uses that process to move your sims between worlds, the same issue plagues it as well.

Unfortunately, I only know how to correct the travel issue.  Exporting to the Library will require a fix from EA.

:)
NRaas Industries.  Saving Sims games from becoming doorstops since 2009.

Forum Rules

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 05:20:13 AM »
Yes, that is a known error in the Library Export routine for the Collecting skill.

Since [World Adventure] traveling uses that process to move your sims between worlds, the same issue plagues it as well.

Unfortunately, I only know how to correct the travel issue.  Exporting to the Library will require a fix from EA.

:)

So how to correct the travel issue?

Offline twallan

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 03:52:46 PM »
So how to correct the travel issue?

PM me for further details. :)
NRaas Industries.  Saving Sims games from becoming doorstops since 2009.

Forum Rules

anything