Author Topic: New World Coming To The Store - Lunar Lakes  (Read 55149 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: New World Coming To The Store - Lunar Lakes
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2012, 09:05:05 PM »
OK, a few locations for minor pets:
Turtles - near Celestial Pools, in the heart crater, near the house closest to the round boulders in the main crater and near Gamma Gardens and park.

Snakes - at the corner of the first body of water under the lower waterfall (on the side with the red and purple trees), in the heart crater between the house and the lake.

Rodents - between Solstice Stones and Hot Springs, if you are looking at the lower waterfall: to the left, the road makes a right angled turn - on either side of the road at this bend.

Lizards - on the side road just before you get to Oasis Shoreline, the cemetery, near the heart house and between Solstice Stones and Hot Springs.

Birds - Crater lagoon, between Nazca Lines Park & Big Bang Bistro, between Bliss Pavilion & Pools and Aphelion Art Gallery, outside the Sunset Valley dome, in the heart crater, kelvin Pavilion, near the Community Garden and on Oasis Shoreline.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2012, 09:18:16 PM »
If people are designing buildings, we need a futuristic fire station, salon, consignment store, and junkyard -- I put in the ones from Ambitions, but they don't go with the rest of the decor.

I really like the library -- it reminds me of the one from university.

Hm... I might try one of these, after my modern future build is done. :)
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2012, 10:51:36 PM »
Thanks for the minor pet locations, Twinmum! I'm trying out the Zoologist LTW (catch 20 minor pets in the wild) for the first time in Lunar Lakes since the LTW would give me a specific goal while still exploring. I will say that after watching the video, I didn't realize the portals were actual rabbit holes for all the careers except science, which is in the spaceship. I guess that leaves a lot of room for residential lots, but I like getting new rabbit holes (which we didn't get any of) to use in other worlds.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #153 on: February 17, 2012, 02:54:10 AM »
They eat the fruit and gain a skill level in any random skill.  I'm guessing the tree will end up being off limits for challenges, but of course, that's Metro's call.   

maybe, maybe not. Metro has already said that for this year, if it's EA content and you are not entering a cheat, then it's fine. I guess it will depend on the individual challenge.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2012, 04:55:19 AM »
maybe, maybe not. Metro has already said that for this year, if it's EA content and you are not entering a cheat, then it's fine. I guess it will depend on the individual challenge.

That will likely depend on how it actually works and would probably depend on the challenge.  There are occasionally a few EA content things that are off limits in challenges.

Yeah, I want this now.  :P
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2012, 05:05:52 AM »
I've been doing some testing on the Tree of Prosperity. Once you buy it, you can imbue it to make it harvestable straight away. If you do that, you get to pick which fruit you want - if it's the first time, you can pick any of the four (Harvest, Mind, Soul or Body). If it has already been harvested before, you can't choose the last one picked. You don't have to imbue the tree, it will come to life on it's own after about 4 hours of being picked. When it comes into bloom on it's own, the fruit is random and changes every four hours.
When you pick and eat the fruit you gain skill. The amount you gain varies, I gained anywhere from less than a full skill point to 2 whole skill points at times.
I tested for about 4 Sim days with 6 trees and these are the skills you can gain. There may be more skills, but I didn't see any others.

Fruit of Harvest (green) - cooking, fishing and gardening

Fruit of the Mind (blue) - charisma, inventing, writing, handiness and logic

Fruit of the Soul (purple) - writing, painting, sculpting, photography and guitar

fruit of the Body (pink) - athletic, handiness, martial arts and riding

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #156 on: February 17, 2012, 05:28:04 AM »
I'll have to admit, the pics and those skill trees are changing my mind about buying it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #157 on: February 17, 2012, 05:32:38 AM »
The Tree sounds very cool, it's just a pity the World doesn't look that great to me. I really don't know why though, it just doesn't draw me in. I'm sure that once filled with Themed Builds by the Builders that have it then it may looks 10 times better.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #158 on: February 17, 2012, 06:37:45 AM »
I'm thinking of getting this with the money I'll be getting for my birthday. Sadly I'll miss the sale by a few days...

Can anyone tell me how many children there are?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #159 on: February 17, 2012, 06:41:37 AM »
I can't find my list at the moment (it's early am for me) but according to the big list that Marian gave on page 5 there are 6 teens, 4 children and 3 toddlers.   
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2012, 06:42:20 AM »
Can anyone tell me how many children there are?

MarianT did a list of the resident with their ages on page 5 of this thread.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #161 on: February 17, 2012, 06:45:52 AM »
I thank you both. I'll take a read through the list to see if it is worth it.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #162 on: February 17, 2012, 06:48:41 AM »
I'm liking this town but I find it strange that my Sims want to go to China/Egypt/France when they're on another planet.  Technically they can't get there from here right?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #163 on: February 17, 2012, 07:36:11 AM »
OK, so now I'm going to buy it. I went on a simpoint buying spree over christmas when the simpoints were 40% off and have a ton to use.
Here's an idea for a challenge for this world: Max all skills by using the tree and/or books. How long do you think it would take?

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #164 on: February 17, 2012, 08:32:06 AM »
Just bought it today and took a curious look around at the families, community centers and some of the houses. Most houses are very small and due to the weird shapes can be a problem for furniture inside.

I'm surprised they didn't add some cool future furniture. These space age houses look kind of funny with Victorian furniture in some. Guess the transplants wanted a reminder of earth.

Love the tree! Using it in my present game until I start one in Lunar Lakes, and my sim went from 0 in gardening to 2 and learned inventing and phitigraphy. This is definitely a plus to the game, even if you don't play the town!