Author Topic: New World Coming To The Store - Lunar Lakes  (Read 54866 times)

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
Re: New World Coming To The Store - Lunar Lakes
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2012, 01:34:21 PM »
Male pregnancy is included in the game code (and, mind you, is unlockable with the use of mods) so there is possibility that alien abductions, that will conclude in impregnating the abducted victim, will be added in an expansion pack or otherwise. That said, not all hope is gone.

In my opinion, aliens along with alien abductions should've been added in the base game, but I understand EA's reasons, for the base game in vanilla form weighs over 6GB.

Edit: My apologies for going off-topic.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2012, 01:42:54 PM »
Yes! Then my dream of an alien-themed EP still stands! :D

I wonder why EA decided to release a sci-fi themed world separately instead of including it with a future alien-themed EP (which I am almost certain we will get sometime soon)? Especially as no extra actual gameplay is expected to come with a world..

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2012, 01:43:24 PM »
Am I the only one who genuinely really likes this world? ;D Maybe I'm one of those silly people who take anything EA throws at them, but this I really do like. I love the space rock things! And perhaps the messy terrain is to only make the world look more surreal and unrealistic because it's a sci-fi world?

No you're not Fez, and neither are you Moons! I have been playing Sims for quite a long time, and I specifically remember my now 14 year old twin cousins making their SimSelves into aliens on the Sims 2 console, when we played all together. I honestly think the sci-fi theme, is what makes me live this world even more. The glowing rocks remind us what Sims is suppose to be about, escaping real life, not recreating it. EA has the most creative minds when creating new worlds at the Sims 3 store. I hope I'm not the only one who genuinely thinks that about their cool pirate themes in Barnacle Bay, or fairytale themes in Hidden Springs.  :) I think store created worlds have cool themes to them.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2012, 01:46:36 PM »
I really enjoyed the alien abductions too. I remember how surprised I was the first time it happened to me, and I just thought it was the coolest thing. I really hope aliens are incorporated into this, but they'll probably just be blue sims like the green sims of Hidden Springs without any special abilities.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2012, 01:52:03 PM »
I never played Sims 2 so I have no experience with the whole alien abduction thing.  I think the new world looks interesting.  It reminds me a bit of Deepholm in World of Warcraft - different color scheme, but it has the same feel.  My only hesitation about getting it is whether I would actually play it when I have UC and a bunch of other perfectly good worlds that I never seem to play.  In the end I'll probably suck it up and get it - I always do and I've not been disappointed yet.

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2012, 02:46:05 PM »
This must be old news by now, but SimsVip has released two more screenshots of Lunar Lakes yesterday and two more earlier today; here and here.

ETA: This is the description that came when the second "milestone" of Facebook like count was reached.

"The Crystal Mine is at the heart of the storyline of Lunar Lakes. When the Sims first crash landed on Lunar Lakes they found the crystal mine they used it’s crystal tech to help begin their lives on the new world. The Lunar Lakes that you’ll see now is a few generations after the initial landing."

I'm somewhat intrigued by this. I like the look of this world but I'm still unsure about new premium content that will come with it. I don't know.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2012, 03:20:43 PM »
I can see the houses might attract some of our modern house builders interest.  I think it looks neat, and will definitely think about buying it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2012, 03:31:19 PM »
The domes look so cool! I wonder what they're for? Maybe little parks and stuff. This world looks so surreal, I'm going to love it. ;D

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2012, 05:57:44 PM »
I am looking forward to this world, even if I don't have any simpoints right now.  It just looks cool.  Can't wait until the preview tomorrow.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2012, 07:19:11 PM »
So this new pictures have changed my mind slightly. They look pretty cool.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2012, 08:04:03 PM »
Thanks for the links, wednesday. Just so all the pictures are in this thread:

The building in the second pic looks really cool! I love how they've used the new wall coverings.

Offline Piggypox

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2012, 05:52:51 AM »
I think it looks really interesting. Could this be like pre-Strangetown? I mean, if Sims 3 was set before Sims 2... *wishful thinking. I liked them aliens.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2012, 06:18:56 AM »
Still not really changing my mind. So far all I've seen that is new is this: Some Glowy Boxes, Some Pipes, New Domes and some Wallpapers.   I mean, it's EA they have all the tools and programs they can use and create, they could have made something breathtaking for this World and it's theme. Like made new tools for CAW where you can change the terrain to go cave like or lump like on the side of a hill. It just isn't special for me but the small bits of content they are adding.

I may be harsh but when it comes down to it - I'd be buying a World that is so unique and beautiful, apart from a few new objects and futuristic style added by the new free trees. I see nothing worth whatever huge price they will charge.

I think it looks really interesting. Could this be like pre-Strangetown? I mean, if Sims 3 was set before Sims 2... *wishful thinking. I liked them aliens.

Nope, I don't think so, Strangetown was in a desert not on a planet/moon thing.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2012, 07:52:57 AM »
I agree with samoht. I 'm not enthralled by the landscape or the looks of the buildings. People on this forum have created nicer looking modern buildings.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2012, 02:01:49 PM »
I just finished watching the Live Broadcast . They said it was coming out this Thursday , February 16th at the Sims Store and it will cost 2400 simspoints .
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio