Author Topic: The Cake (Kayke) Dynasty - Chapter 10: Cook Out Recovery! (New!)  (Read 8917 times)

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Cake! Some confections are immortal...
The Cake (Kayke) Dynasty - Chapter 10: Cook Out Recovery! (New!)
« on: February 16, 2012, 09:41:46 PM »
*I am going to try to do this again, this time using a theme of 'Cake', and just to be funny spelled it 'Kayke' to be more 'family' like. Each generation will be a special letter, A-8th letter of alphabet, but there's a catch. Every generation also has a 'Cake Theme' (three colors), that is a flavor or type based on the letter and that reflects in the color of their clothing, the items they buy, even their decorations. As we work through the generations, the house will reflect the different flavors of cake and just be a Caked Up Explosion. I know it seems insane, but it has made it very fun...

The Cake (Kayke) Dynasty
Some confections are immortal....

Generation 1 - Angel Cake - Angella Kayke aka The Heavenly Confectionist (Pink, White, Yellow)
Traits: Schmoozer, Artist, Natural Cook, Angler, Green Thumb
Favorites: Loves to eat Parfait, Loves Pop Music, Loves the color White
Lifelong Wish: Celebrated Five-Star Chef

Chapter 0 - Pre-Introduction

My name is Angella Kayke...yes, pronounced Angel Cake, just like the delicious UK based dessert in colors of white, yellow and pink...I like to believe I'm just as sweet as well, I can Schmooze my way into and out of different situations. Where I come from, we're a bit retro if not dated...and we're all encouraged to be as lady like a possible. I enjoy eating Fruit Parfait more than anything and I love Pop artists like Lord GooGoo...he's so wild! I'm babbling because I find myself introduced to a lifestyle with hardly anything in my pocket! Go forth, my mother said, go forth and live...well that's just fine Mother Butter Kayke...I will make it, and I will live forever...and so will all my children. Because we're Kaykes...and that's one dessert that remains immortal...

To Be Continued...

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Cake (Kayke) Dynasty - Chapter 0 Introduction
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 09:45:42 PM »
This is a cute idea. Can't wait for your next update!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
Re: The Cake (Kayke) Dynasty - Chapter 0 Introduction
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 10:37:35 PM »
....Will there be a King Cake, in Purple, Green, and Gold?
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 10:05:44 AM »
@Deme: I just had to respond to this because I hadn't thought of that! I may have to bend my 'alphabet' rules a bit and use that for one of my boys if one is ever born...that's brilliant.

Thank you both for reading...there will be more updates soon.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 10:33:57 AM »
This Dynasty sounds very interesting - I suspect the theme is one of my hobbies though...  ;D Angella is very Angelic, I'm sure she'll pass on some very nice genes.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 10:44:12 AM »
Aww, Angella is so cute! I love the theme  ;D

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Cake (Kayke) Dynasty - Chapter 1 Princess and her Throne
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 11:22:35 AM »
Chapter 1 - Introducing a princess...and her throne.

This is Riverview...I went from a quaint little Bakery in Lala Land to...this.

No roof...but the basic necessities.

As always, boys and girls, a little cake princess cannot be without her throne...seeing the toilet there brought such joy to my heart.

Joy that was short lived as I felt the weight of my mother's presence in my pocket.

Rock Mother: What are you doing?
Angel: Moving in...
Rock Mother: Why aren't you Immortal already? Why don't you have a job? What have you done with your hair?
Angel: Okay! I got it! I'll do my best to hurry! Love you too! - Ugh...you never listen...and why are you a rock...

So I got a job, at the local Bistro. I laid out all my credentials and they hired me on the spot...to do lovely things like wash dishes and mop floors and basically do the things nobody else wants or has time to do. This was my life now. Angella Kayke...Future Five-Star Chef!

So I went to explore my new city further...

They had beautiful gardens and I had to pick a few of the availiable fruits and vegetables...it was so peaceful there.

They had an ever so dirty location called a 'Junkyard' that I only visited because according to a family friend, if I ever became a Simmortal and moved out on my own...checking the Junkyard was a good way of finding stuff people had thrown out. Seeing as I was broke...I took the advice and found a table!

I eventually returned home after picking produce and scouring around junk heaps to a delicious pot of home-made mac and cheese.

And this boys is girls is why I say a Princess Angel Cake should never be without her throne...it doubled as my seat to enjoy my meal, after all you won't always be able to afford chairs when you first get out on your own.

I slept well after my first day in Riverview...after getting snug in my sleeping bag and watching a stray cat jump on my counter to spend the night...I knew I'd be alright. A job, a stove, my Throne...and while it might not be as Heavenly as the mixing bowl I was first mixed in...perhaps I could bring a bit of Angel Charm to the town.

Tune in next time to see, Its Hard Out There For A Cake....Working Girl Blues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

Re: The Cake (Kayke) Dynasty - Chapter 1 Princess and her Throne
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 12:33:05 PM »
Great start! I like your story. Angella is very pretty.

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Cake (Kayke) Dynasty - Chapter 2: Something is Missing
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 05:05:12 PM »
Chapter 2 - Something is Missing...

Waking up early in the morning, I started every morning the same way. I tended the start of my little garden from the seeds I collected during frequent visit to other gardens. The smell of fresh soil in the morning is ever so vitalizing.

As always, every morning, Rock Mother would contact me to see what I was doing...making sure life was going decently. She was very eager that I start my immortality pursuits, despite how young I am.

Rock Mother: If you don't hurry, you'll get old and turn into a rock! Like me!

A rock...yes, my poor Rock Mother, I just had to get started with my breakfast, early morning breakfast.

When the sun came up, the mail-man came and just threw my bills on the grass but unfortunately he left before I could offer him some waffels. Or a slap.

I had eaten and gotten cleaned up in time to swing by the art gallery to spend some time painting a bit...I made the cutest little smear.

Then I had to quickly put on the ugliest little outfit, my hair being covered with knit scull cap...but it was a job, every afternoon.

So with a garden, a table, a little lot of my own...I thought life was going pretty good...or so I thought.

One day, I woke up to a horrible smell and feathers floating all around from my sleeping bag.

As I sat down to my burnt old table and read the paper, reading about weddings and dating advice I felt so very empty for some reason. My mood went down right away. (Please ignore the dirty stove...)

As I went to compete in an eating contest at my place of employment...I won and left with a bit of cash, brushing past a man as I exited and I felt a flutter and I realized the problem: I needed a Man!

So I went straight downtown to scope out the pickings. I'm always told, the best place to hunt down a hubby-to-be is downtown and I met one man, but he was shy and his shoes were blinding me...

Eventually I decided to leave and got caught up in a crowd and that...is when I saw him. That pony-tail and those odd pants...

Angel: Excuse me...that's a very strange belt, your hair is pretty long for a man. I'm Angella Kayke and you're going to be my husband.
Jon Lessen: ....
Angel: Oh, also hello.

Jon: Um. Well hello Angel, you're pretty as an Angel indeed ah...I'm Jon nice to meet you?
Angel: Your underarm is so attractive...not a speck of hair.
Jon: Ahh...thank you? Well I've got to go so...yeah bye.

It wasn't until he left and I sat to listen to a horror story told by a strange looking person with no hair that I realized...I had been talking to Jon Lessen! The Celebrity Jon Lessen! A rockstar! And I had complimented his lack of pit hair! Oh no...so much for first impressions...whatever would I do!

Tune in next time to see if she can fix things with Jon? How will work go? Will she be able to make it?

Offline ApplesApplesApples

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 08:58:39 PM »
I love this! Very funny. Angel is very pretty. And Jon Lessen has a very nice armpit. He seems like a good catch.  ;)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Cake (Kayke) Dynasty - Chapter 2: Something is Missing
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 09:19:51 PM »
Yes, this is an excellent story. And Jon is a good "catch" though he caught Constance Shelly rather than the other way around in my game.

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 09:42:28 PM »
@ApplesApplesApples - Thank you for reading and yeeeah, he is a sweetie. He didn't get mad at her or do the 'I'm crazy and on fire because you dared to talk to me' dance that strangers sometimes do.

@judewright - Thank you for the feedback ;) Its encouraging to know that he's a decent catch, she is after all an Angler.

loveSims

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 07:22:50 PM »
It is so funny that se admiring his armpit lol! I love your story. :)

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Cake (Kayke) Dynasty - Chapter 3: Good Impressions
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 09:36:32 PM »
Chapter 3 - Good Impressions...

Apparently my little liaison with the rockstar began to spread through town. As I slept...strange people would show up and take pictures of me and snapped pictures. I slept so hard...I never ever noticed.

Work and life took so much time and attention that I did let things somewhat fall apart...apparently the Kayke ancestors were angry with me because I got lovely alarm clocks like the sink breaking and soaking me in my sleep.

But what could I do? They worked me so hard at work, I'd be exhausted by the time I'd get off work...and for what they were paying, I couldn't imagine why they'd work me so hard!

The commute to work was long and sometimes, I wouldn't even make it to my bed when I got home, I'd just pass by the sidewalk in front of the house.

So life was hard...but one day I woke up and there he was. He'd just finished playing a gig and I had given him a call to apologize for the tabloids...and there he was!

Jon: Ah...hello Angel was it? Is this a bad time? I got your Sleep Deprived Call...kinda funny, better than a drunk call so I came by...
Angel: I...I...you have no shirt...or hair on your chest. Sorryforthetabloidsbelievingyoudidn'thaveanygoodtasteandweregoingtohaveababyduck.

He just took me in his arms and chuckled. I seemed to amuse him.

Jon: Awww, come here Angelcake...I understand.
Angel:Oh my god you're touching me. Your skin is so soft.
Jon: Heh, I moisturize.
Angel: Your hair smells like Captain Crunch cereal...
Jon: Yes, I put cereal in my lotion...that's why I have no body hair.

So I couldn't hold it in anymore. He backed off and I did it. I layed it a tiny smackaroo on him and he took it like a man...really. He didn't back off or anything, he just smiled.

Emboldened by my kissing courage...I just dropped to my knee and took the next step.

Angel: I told you when I met you, you were going to be my husband. I'm not really good at telling the future but in this case... Will you help me bring this premonition into fruition?
Jon: Oh my god! You're proposing? Where did you pull that box?
Angel: Don't ask...so yes or no?

Jon: Yes. Absolutely. Its impossible to say no to an Angel, so Yes.
Angel: See! Told you!

And so, he accepted. He jumped in my arms he was so happy and I still am not quite sure how he managed that but I kept thinking...you have so much jewelry on you wear a ton...oh goodness, I hope I don't drop you...

When he jumped down finally, he gave me a bouquet of beautiful purple flowers and I knew...from that moment on, this man would make sure my life would never be the same.

Tune in next time to see...The Angel Cake Wedding!
*Comments Welcomed, Appreciated, And Always Read

Offline ApplesApplesApples

• Occult
Re: The Cake (Kayke) Dynasty - Chapter 3: Good Impressions
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 10:38:22 PM »
Aww how sweet! Poor Angel not getting any sleep. I hope things start looking up for her with her new body hairless Jon. They make a very cute couple. I can't wait to see the angel cake-themed wedding!