Author Topic: Cat "Locate Prey" question [Puzzle solved]  (Read 3381 times)

Offline Mrs.Laphalot

• Llama Wrangler
Cat "Locate Prey" question [Puzzle solved]
« on: February 18, 2012, 09:44:53 PM »
I'm hoping someone can tell me how to use this option - its driving me batty. My cat is level 7 hunting and I have the option to tell it to "locate prey" of a certain type. When I choose, let's say lizard, the camera pans out to map view, showing me all locations on the map. When I click on an icon of a location, I have the usual "visit" option. What am I doing wrong here? (This is with clicking "locate prey" on the cat herself, or on the ground.) I'm trying to work on the hunt skill challenges and would like my cat to hunt specific types of prey individually. At least fishing was easy to figure out.  ;D

Edited to add:
It never fails. I struggle to figure something out, get frustrated and post my questions here, only to return to the game and find the answer.  :-\  This try, I actually saw there were icons for the prey. I guess my earlier tries there weren't any of the type I was choosing, or my eyes are worse off than I thought. Anyway, apologies for this post as I've found my answer.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Cat "Locate Prey" question
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 09:56:34 PM »
Have you ever used the collection helper?   What you need to look for is a lizard icon in a blue circle.  They won't be at specific locations but scattered around the map if there is one to see.   

I am trying to load up my game to take a screenshot for you to show you what I mean.
Edit:  I got a picture for you. This is what it looks like when there is a lizard found on the map.  Do you see it?  It's the light blue circle on the coast just north of my house.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Cat "Locate Prey" question [Puzzle solved]
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 10:59:43 PM »
I know you've answered your own question, but I'll go ahead and clarify a little for anyone else who might have the same problem.  When you tell a cat to Locate Prey, you aren't telling him to hunt for it, just to locate it.  It works like the Collection Helper.  If you want the cat to locate a lizard, it will move to Map View and show you all the locations of lizards at that moment, the same as if you set the Collection Helper to find lizards.  If you want the cat to actually catch it, you'll have to click on the lizard itself.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Mrs.Laphalot

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Cat "Locate Prey" question [Puzzle solved]
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 08:37:32 AM »
Thanks Ricalynn, I felt like a dimwit when I finally saw the icons and found that it works similar to the collection helper. I don't know why I wasn't seeing it before. (Blind in one eye, can't see with the other? LOL) Two days I spent trying to figure that out.

Good thinking Pam. I did a forum search before posting my question and didn't find anything related to the search query I used ("cat locate prey"). This way, anyone else having this problem will be able to search and find an answer.

I've had Pets since it was first released, but have only unwrapped it a few days ago so I have a lot to learn about it. (Same with Generations.)   ::)