Author Topic: Gothier Than You: My first Legacy  (Read 1596 times)

Offline Fluffy Puff

• Llama Wrangler
Gothier Than You: My first Legacy
« on: February 27, 2012, 02:21:38 PM »
As the title suggests, this is the first time I've started a legacy challenge. It's also the first time I've shared a sim story online! I'll be playing according to Pinstar's rules with possible exceptions to the random traits rule and the age span. I'm also using a few game mods such as Nraas Story Progression.

Wish me the best! If you have an constructive critique for my little story, I'd appreciate hearing it.

Chapter List

Point count: 4 (possibly 6)
  • Generation points: 2
  • Lifetime wants: 2
  • Portraits: 0
  • Legacy house: 0
  • Aspiration rewards: 2? (need to double check)

.:~Our Founder~:.

Meet Allison Gothier. Like many young women, she dreams of finding her perfect husband and starting a family. She also dreams of becoming a professional author.

Traits: Loner, artistic, bookworm, family-oriented, and hopeless romantic
Lifetime Wish: Professional author

.:~Gothier Beginnings~:.

It was nighttime when Allison arrived at Riverview to claim a plot of land left to her by an unknown relative. With only $1,300 on hand, she knew she would have to work hard to achieve her dreams. She set up an outhouse before catching up on some much-needed rest from her long journey.

Hungry from a night without dinner, Allison woke early to do some foraging. A potato fresh from the vine put a stop to her stomach's growling. Who knew raw potatoes tasted so good? Unfortunately, without enough money to purchase a stove and counter, she would be eating her veggies uncooked for while.

After breakfast, Allison set off to answer an help-wanted advertisement for a paper girl. She knew working in the journalism career would give her writing a jump start and provide much-needed cash.

Looking to relax and enjoy her favorite activity, Allison visited the library for some reading. Even though the crying toddler wasn't enough to keep this rabid bookworm from enjoying her book, the handsome man nearby managed to catch her eye. Despite her shyness, Allison was determined to strike up a conversation with the attractive stranger. Turns out he was the town flirt, Don Lothario. True to both of their romantic natures, they started flirting right away! The two continued their friendly conversation until Don had to head home for the night, leaving Allison wondering, "Could he be the one?"

Allison soon started work, rushing off to her first day as a paper girl with her life dream on her mind. She also continued pursuing Don's affection, determined to win him over with flirting, compliments and many, er, interesting looks.

With the money Allison earned from work, she was able to buy a fire pit. Intending to celebrate her success with roasted fish, she set out on a quick fishing trip. Unfortunately, her first fishing endeavor was unsuccessful, so she splurged on a few catfish from the grocery store instead.

Allison's fondness for Don continued to blossom in spite of competition from Constance Shelly. For their first date, the couple visited the community garden and shared their first kiss under the entry awning.

For their second date, Allison invited Don out to the local diner. After an afternoon of good food, kisses, and sweet talk, Allison gathered up the courage to ask her boyfriend to marry her... right in front of the dumpster. While surprised, Don wasn't impressed by the gesture and rejected her proposal, leaving Allison's heart and pride bruised. Nevertheless, her determination would soon pay off.

The next morning, Allison jumped out of bed and invited Don over to her camp. This time she wouldn't fail. After showering him in a few more romantic interactions, Allison keeled down on the grassy lawn and offered her ring. Don eagerly accepted, and the two exchanged vows on the spot. She remained in her pajamas throughout it all.  ;)

Now that Don had moved in, Allison was able to upgrade her camp to a small cabin just in time to start a family. Shortly afterward, she started to feel that telltale nausea...

Offline Fluffy Puff

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Gothier Than You: My first Legacy
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 10:02:23 PM »

Sure enough, a new baby was on the way! While Allison spent her time off work at home writing, Don helped out by fishing and tending their growing garden.

A few days later, Allison went into labor, sporting the signature crossed-eyed look of a sim in labor pain. Soon she and Don emerged from the hospital with their daughter Maria, the second generation heir. The new baby didn't seem to mind having her mother's hair in her face.

~End Chapter One~

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 05:22:23 AM »
Great start! I love it when sims are so dirt poor lol! ;D

Offline Fluffy Puff

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 04:38:55 PM »
Me, too! I didn't realize how much fun playing such a poor family would be until I started my legacy. I'm glad I gave it a try!

On to chapter two!

.:~Happy Birthday, Maria!~:.

It seemed like only yesterday that Allison and Don brought their new baby home. Before they knew it, they were celebrating Maria's entry into toddlerhood. In a bright flash of sparkly light, Maria transformed into a cross-eyed adorable toddler right before her parent's eyes. Thankfully, a quick trip to the mirror took care of her unfortunate greenish-black hair.

Ta-daa!

Maria learned valuable skills from her parents during her happy week as a toddler. She also enjoyed playing with her toys on the grassy lawn.

Before long, it was time to celebrate Maria's entry into childhood. With some help from dad and some hearty cheering, Maria grew up well.

~End Chapter 2~

loveSims

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 05:10:37 AM »
Maria is a cutie! She look pretty with the blond hair. I don't like it when the game give a sim that freaky greenish hair lol!

Offline Fluffy Puff

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 09:28:55 PM »
Maria is a cutie! She look pretty with the blond hair. I don't like it when the game give a sim that freaky greenish hair lol!

Oh, I can't stand the greenish hair either! I'll have to fight the urge to switch houses to fix other sims' hair while I'm playing my legacy.

.:~More Birthdays and Twins~:.

Don's and Allison's birthdays arrived soon after Maria's. Don had a small party while Allison celebrated quietly with her family.

Maria made a few friends, including her neighbor. She had a happy childhood.

She soon grew into a beautiful teen. She's the spitting image of her mom aside from her dad's coloration.

Having quit her job sometime after Maria was born, Allison had plenty of time to write books and care for her daughter. After Maria aged to a teen, she had twins Félix and Fiona. I assume the sour face Don made upon exciting the hospital was aimed at the sim passing by.

A strange glitch occurred when Allison brought her son home. She started walking away from the house and sinking into the ground! I solved the problem by resetting her and her new baby before she sunk completely.

loveSims

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 08:34:39 AM »
Maria is a beautiful teen! Congrats with the twins. ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Fluffy Puff

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 04:16:54 PM »
Thank you so much! I'm really proud of Maria and can't wait to get her married!  ;D

Continuing with chapter three.

The twins were a handful, but Allison and Maria managed to find time for skill building and relaxing. Don even realized his dream of becoming a CEO.

When the twins became toddlers, I was thrilled to see that Fiona inherited her mother's beautiful hair. Sadly, neither twin got their mother's lovely pale eyes.

Soon enough, a burglar paid the Gothiers a visit to steal their only dresser. Maria jumped out of bed the moment he entered the lot and called the police. After a scuffle, the policewoman returned the stolen item.

As if the burglar wasn't exciting enough, Grim visited the family one night when Don's best friend died on their lot. Allison took the opportunity to introduce herself to Grimmy and found out that he liked her latest book. Who knew that the Grim Reaper enjoyed reading?