Author Topic: How to get outstanding Research metric in Medical career?  (Read 33952 times)

Offline TommyT

• Occult
How to get outstanding Research metric in Medical career?
« on: April 13, 2010, 09:46:17 PM »
One of my sims is at the top of the Medical career and throughout her plight she has never gotten above Great on the Research metric.  She has read her journal everyday after work.  I've tried rereading after going in for emergencies, rereading in general, working from home in hopes of getting a new journal, etc.; but to no avail.  Is there something I'm missing?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: How to get outstanding Research metric in Medical career?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 10:10:35 PM »
Hey, Tommy, first of all welcome to the forums. Second, your parents were smart and picked the best possible name for any boy (although I haven't been called Tommy since I was probably 12). Now to your dilemma...this is interesting. I've played numerous Medical career Sims and know exactly what you're taking about. I don't think there's a solution unfortunately to get that metric really high. But, I've never had a problem getting regular promotions especially with choosing the Work Hard tone and having the Multi-Tasker reward, Ambitious Sims also get promoted quicker. So, the bottom line is I don't think it should matter. I don't understand why the metric doesn't turn solid green like a kid's homework once the homework is done.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 07:18:29 AM »
I have a feeling it is like Reports and Funding where it resets it's self each promotion, so I think if you stayed in the same Job Level for a while and kept reading the Research books it will eventually go green, most career levels take a max of two working days to advance for me so maybe that isn't enough days. Also if you are required to still research at level 10 then I suppose that you could get an Above Great on Research.

Welcome to the Forum by the way!  ;D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 10:02:04 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcomes, and yes we Tommy's are quite awesome  :D
I'm still researching at level 10 but as MM says it doesn't take me more than one or two shifts to get promoted.  Maybe I'll make a sim with no Ambitious/Workaholic/Multitasker and no logic skill and see if multiple days of researching can get it green.  Perhaps he'll watch TV in the ready room all day as well, 'rich dumb kids going to med school challange' haha.

oddball

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 05:53:34 AM »
My medical sim has not gotten above great on the research either. And I have played with her enough where she makes well over $11,000 an hour, lol.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 11:23:37 AM »
$11,000 an hour, lol.

:o  ;D Nice one! May I ask how old the sim is?  ;) Is there an ambriosa or an epic lifespan at work here somewhere?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

oddball

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 11:31:27 PM »
$11,000 an hour, lol.

:o  ;D Nice one! May I ask how old the sim is?  ;) Is there an ambriosa or an epic lifespan at work here somewhere?

I have aging turned off. But I fired up the game and the stats says: Week 34, Day 2. And she makes $11,537/hour.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 11:45:18 PM »
I have aging turned off. But I fired up the game and the stats says: Week 34, Day 2. And she makes $11,537/hour.

That's amazing.  I remember when Carl flipped because I had a Sim that was making over $1,000 per hour! 

Also, welcome to the Forum, oddball.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 11:16:34 PM »

Very nice!  My richest Sim P/H was just over $2000 in the Science career, and I thought THAT was extreme!

Offline jestina

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 02:39:34 PM »
Guitar is the most extreme you can get for money making.  :D

Medical is nice though, but I usually start out in police or cooking(for the free items) if i'm going the career route. You don't have to do anything but set it to play golf once you reach the top of the medical career. I've never seen the medical research thing go up either, but as long as you read the one you get you should be fine.

Offline Laurencius

• Llama Wrangler
  • Come for the gas, stay for the hummus!
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 12:18:08 PM »
I found a couple of journals on my medical sim's inventory. I had the sim read the journals and his research metric went up from a neutral face to a smiley face.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 12:34:35 PM »
I found a couple of journals on my medical sim's inventory. I had the sim read the journals and his research metric went up from a neutral face to a smiley face.

But, I know you didn't get it to Outstanding, right? At least in all of my own testing you can only push this metric to Great.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 02:37:26 PM »
I am not too sure what is up with that either.  I have mine read the books as soon as he gets home, every day and it never gets past great.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline John Allen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 02:01:03 PM »
Same here.  It is a game and not RL-  but in rl medical personal are always trailing behind the current knowledge. Long hours doesn't leave a lot of room to stay up to date on everything new that comes out.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 05:22:24 PM »
I did finally get mine to excellent.  The only thing I can think of that I did, was did not miss a day in reading those journals, because before, I would miss a day or two without even thinking about it, but so far I have reached excellent in two of my doctors.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

anything