Author Topic: 1.31 Update  (Read 41893 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: 1.31 Update
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2012, 06:52:39 PM »
None of these new quirks should be surprising to anyone.  Things like this always happen.  EA will fix it...and if they don't someone else will. :p

Oh come on now:  you all come here and are exceptionally social...but when you play you want to roll up the ladder of the treehouse?

It's new, so (some) people want to try it out.  It'll be bad for a week, maybe two, but once people see that this is all there is to it (and start losing friends for spamming every last event that occurs), this will all calm down.  You see this in every online game that has ever existed.  New toys have to be played with.  Immediately and constantly lol.

*looks utterly scandalized*  :o

Is that all?  These are achievements, people.  Achievements!  How can you not want them??  Achievements are life!  Must.  Get.  Achievements. 

Okay, seriously:  you've obviously never played an MMORPG.   Achievements appeal to a lot of people...like me!  ;D

You know you're killing me...right?  :P

*raises hand*  Hi my name is Rica and I'm an achievement "Ican'tsaythebadwordIwouldnormally" fanatic. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2012, 07:08:43 PM »
*raises hand*  Hi my name is Rica and I'm an achievement "Ican'tsaythebadwordIwouldnormally" fanatic.

Nice to meet you, Rica. My name is Mallory and I am an achievement addict, too.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2012, 07:20:23 PM »
None of these new quirks should be surprising to anyone.  Things like this always happen.  EA will fix it...and if they don't someone else will. :p

Oh come on now:  you all come here and are exceptionally social...but when you play you want to roll up the ladder of the treehouse?

It's new, so (some) people want to try it out.  It'll be bad for a week, maybe two, but once people see that this is all there is to it (and start losing friends for spamming every last event that occurs), this will all calm down.  You see this in every online game that has ever existed.  New toys have to be played with.  Immediately and constantly lol.

*looks utterly scandalized*  :o

Is that all?  These are achievements, people.  Achievements!  How can you not want them??  Achievements are life!  Must.  Get.  Achievements. 

Okay, seriously:  you've obviously never played an MMORPG.   Achievements appeal to a lot of people...like me!  ;D

You know you're killing me...right?  :P

I think this new posting thing at TS3 is only going to get worse.  Have you looked at it?  As I said before I think I've friend-ed (is that even a word?) 15 people there. What I see on my page are all the new items listed in any of the exchange studios of these people...and their friends, any forum post they have made...and their friends, comments on forum posts..and ones made by their friends, achievements, badges and any inane comment that anyone cares to make. 

And Showtime and the whole Simport request thing hasn't even started yet. It's already an ongoing flow of things I don't need to see.

And as far as pulling up the ladder, yes that's me. When I play it's my time to play my game, escape from other people and go off into my Sim world.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2012, 07:24:43 PM »
RunAmokSims - You can turn off notifications and you can not be signed online while you play so you don't get spammed while you play. 

My only problem is I love BlueMurder's patterns.  But her ability to upload 100s of patterns every couple of days is going to get annoying.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2012, 07:45:33 PM »
RunAmokSims - You can turn off notifications and you can not be signed online while you play so you don't get spammed while you play. 

My only problem is I love BlueMurder's patterns.  But her ability to upload 100s of patterns every couple of days is going to get annoying.

Yep already done that. I I've never used the memories upload  or in game shopping either. I'm talking about the My Page clutter at TS3.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2012, 08:00:52 PM »
I downloaded the patch and went to check it out.  I have to admit, I really like the new system.  I saw where Katluvr got an achievement and thought that was really cool.  Most of my friends on sims3 are people from here.  Not sure I have some of you, I don't think I have you on there Hosfac.  So far, I had only gone into one of my games and it was fine.  I guess there are some people that are having problems logging in and the site gives them a default name, so I hope they fix that soon.   :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2012, 09:06:48 PM »
Heyyyyy, they have veggie foods available now.  And a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2012, 09:27:31 PM »
And, we can now have our sims wear makeup for each outfit.

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Offline Enchanted81

• Townie
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2012, 10:09:29 PM »

This is the problem I'm having. I love her patterns and I like that I can see when she's added new ones but, the spam is covering up everything else.
Feel free to add me on Origin & the Sims 3 site: Enchanted81

Offline dark74

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2012, 10:17:52 PM »
so far no trobule huh? but why no bug fixex? i found bugs in past update (1.29). so this update only to greet showtime? oh craptacular.

Hellkitty1000

« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2012, 10:18:15 PM »
I was on my sims a bit befor it crashed on me and i had to restart my pc, when i got done cleaning everything out i went to go play again and i saw the patch... I didnt think much of it and downloaded and installed it in my computer. I go and play my game and my bug collection vanished, my unicorn cant be clicked on or when hes the active sim he cant click on others or the ground, but strangely it works when clicking the hay and the water. My tracker for time spent running was not reading the time ran. I guess you can say my one game is all messed up. I went on my other game and its perfectly fine... :-\ I have no clue why the one is messed up and the other is fine, so far... Any suggestions on how to fix my one town? I already had to restart it earlier this week due to another glich. I would just hate to have to restart it again after collecting a lot of stuff and working on a perfect garden as well as breeding horses.  :(

Offline dark74

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2012, 10:23:08 PM »
well too bad , i'm sorry to hear that. new patch means new bugs. lol
I was on my sims a bit befor it crashed on me and i had to restart my pc, when i got done cleaning everything out i went to go play again and i saw the patch... I didnt think much of it and downloaded and installed it in my computer. I go and play my game and my bug collection vanished, my unicorn cant be clicked on or when hes the active sim he cant click on others or the ground, but strangely it works when clicking the hay and the water. My tracker for time spent running was not reading the time ran. I guess you can say my one game is all messed up. I went on my other game and its perfectly fine... :-\ I have no clue why the one is messed up and the other is fine, so far... Any suggestions on how to fix my one town? I already had to restart it earlier this week due to another glich. I would just hate to have to restart it again after collecting a lot of stuff and working on a perfect garden as well as breeding horses.  :(

Offline simlishlol

• Self-proclaimed aficionado
  • Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2012, 11:28:17 PM »
 Glad I found this thread before I played! I'll definitely wait to update on my nearly six year old mac! Yesterday I was thinking about it and realized just how old my computer was! ;D Maybe now my parents will get me a new one!
When life gives you founders, you make an immortal dynasty!
Feel free to call me Simlish ;D

Offline Trentorio

• Townie
  • "Shamo!"
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2012, 11:38:10 PM »
After some initial troubles with my login information, I have been playing with minimal problems. It has been running a lot smoother than I expected. I only have 4 friends right now, and as far as I know if they are on I haven't been spammed with anything.

I hope Tuesday goes as well.

My info is on the sims site user name thread anyone can add me.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2012, 12:39:35 AM »
I think this new posting thing at TS3 is only going to get worse.  Have you looked at it?  As I said before I think I've friend-ed (is that even a word?) 15 people there. What I see on my page are all the new items listed in any of the exchange studios of these people...and their friends, any forum post they have made...and their friends, comments on forum posts..and ones made by their friends, achievements, badges and any inane comment that anyone cares to make. 

And Showtime and the whole Simport request thing hasn't even started yet. It's already an ongoing flow of things I don't need to see.

I have close to 25 friends on my list.

Yes, things will likely get worse before they get better, but they will get better...and it won't take that long before the concept isn't new anymore and people only post the things that matter.  Yes, I've looked at my wall.  One of my friends is a content creator and has uploaded about a gazillion patterns today.  I got a notice for each one.  Separately lol.  Again, this is likely something that will be tweaked as more people complain about it.  When that will happen is anyone's guess, of course.  :P

I don't see Simport being as invasive as everyone seems to think it's going to be.  I could be wrong...I have been in the past (once or twice ;) )...but from the descriptions I've seen it's going to be different from the impressions everyone seems to have.

Lol.  As I said:  a gazillion patterns.  :P
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

anything