Author Topic: Melting Ice Sculptures After Death  (Read 5230 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Melting Ice Sculptures After Death
« on: October 01, 2010, 08:04:29 PM »
A couple of members have reported that permanent ice sculptures melt after the death of the Sim who sculpted them.  However, Metro's ice sculptures done by Agnes are perfectly fine long after her death.  So, it may be a bug in those couple of games or it may be misinformation.  What experience have the rest of you had?  My sculptor is still alive, but I'll be sure to watch after he dies and see what happens to his ice sculptures.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Melting Ice Sculptures After Death
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 08:10:56 PM »
In my dynasty, Holly was the sculptor for the first museum items. She died before Andrew aged up to a child. He has been a child for about 4 or 5 days now and all the ice sculptures are still there and fine.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 09:10:26 PM »
My Dynasty is into the 5th Generation and all the ice sculptures are still intact, touch wood.  This includes the ones done by Holly, the founder's wife, who is long since dead.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 01:55:05 PM »
I've had mine melt to discs before and after death ($0), I'm 100% sure I had the skill challenge completed.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 02:17:51 PM »
Hmmm....this is interesting. We've got players saying that a sculptor's death has had no impact on an ice sculpture melting and then we've got players that are confirming they have had sculptures melting after death. So, that tells me that it's either a) not the death at all that's causing the melting, but some other bug, or b) the death might trigger the bug in combination with other things going on in some player's games.

Leto85

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 04:17:08 PM »
Or c) the players have done something different with the ice sculptors which they have forgotten. Could be that the sculptings are not at the same lot as the dieing sculptor.

Offline CJ Silver

• Llama Wrangler
  • Katamari Lover-Hater
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 10:05:36 PM »
Yeah, this is something I am eager to know - I plan on doing my first official(/unofficial) Dynasty (as a parody Dynasty which is a reverse of Metro's Man Dynasty, it'll have lots of cute girls who shackle guys to them, and lots of bright pastel puke-worthy colors  :D ;D) and I was going to do the same thing Metro did - marry in a rich guy, have him die of old age(I learned my lesson with my dry run about having Surrounded by Family as the founder's LTW) and then she'll stalk and capture one a younger man(probably Lincoln Baker, who'll be old enough to marry when DeAndres dies - this is in Twinbrook) and I was worried that DeAndres will sculpt my founder's ice visages and then they'll melt to puddles when Grimmy takes him away!

Of course, my founder will super max Sculpting too, but I don't think her Ice Personality trait will cover her own Ice sims. :( I'll just fling ahead and hope for the best since 60% of the people say their ice Sims didn't melt after the sculptor's death.  :-\
"The Points Mean Nothing" - My new catchphrase after seeing this trope on TV Tropes.com, to describe my belief on Legacies and other Sims 3 challenges

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 10:59:08 PM »
@CJSilver:

You are one of the ones who said that the ice sculptures melt after the death of the sculptor.  What were your experiences with this, specifically?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 11:46:05 PM »
I'm on week 25 of my Dynasty, and the sculptures that Amy (Bull) Nesbit made of the founder are still intact. 

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 01:30:18 AM »
Or c) the players have done something different with the ice sculptors which they have forgotten. Could be that the sculptings are not at the same lot as the dieing sculptor.

Is there a way to place sculptures on a lot other than the home lot? I thought I'd run a quick test and have two sisters who have both reached the no melt stage in their ice sculptures. I've just bought a property, but when I try to place one of the sculptures there, I can't.

One thing I have found out and that is that the sculptures have to have been finished after the sculptor completed that challenge. I just kept all the ice sculptures on the block while they worked up to 25. Slowly they all melted (which was expected) but I thought any left when the challenge was completed might actually survive, but they didn't. Only ones completed after the challenge have not melted.

Norma
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 08:26:14 AM »
Is there a way to place sculptures on a lot other than the home lot? I thought I'd run a quick test and have two sisters who have both reached the no melt stage in their ice sculptures. I've just bought a property, but when I try to place one of the sculptures there, I can't.

One thing I have found out and that is that the sculptures have to have been finished after the sculptor completed that challenge. I just kept all the ice sculptures on the block while they worked up to 25. Slowly they all melted (which was expected) but I thought any left when the challenge was completed might actually survive, but they didn't. Only ones completed after the challenge have not melted.

Norma

The 25th one should not melt. I'm pretty sure that's been the way it has worked for me.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2010, 05:13:06 PM »
Yeah, the 25th one probably did survive. I had them all lined up and they just melted along the line. I was mainly seeing if say number 23 or 24 lasted but they don't.

anything