Author Topic: Horse Transportation?  (Read 7639 times)

SillyKat83

Horse Transportation?
« on: March 02, 2012, 11:12:39 AM »
I finally bought Pets this week and overall I love it but I'm having an odd issue: to take my horses to the competitions, breeding, etc  it takes a good long while for my Sim to ride the horse all the way there and by the time they get there, the horse is too tired to compete and the Sim has the "red hiney" moodlet.  I've moved my family closer to the barn (whatever that pair of lots is called) and that helps but I was hoping there would be a horse trailer so both Sim and Horse could arrive at their destination in good moods, not tired, etc.

Any recommendations?  I couldn't find this info in the forum so please excuse if this question has been asked before.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Horse Transportation?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 11:21:43 AM »
I have seen no horse trailers in the game other than when a social worker brings one to your house.  Unfortunately, that means you need to get the horse down there yourself via the riding interaction.   The person that I use to compete doesn't have a job other than horseman so I take the horse down mid afternoon so I'm there when the competition starts and I've had time to brush the horse and check the hooves and all that. 

It's pretty much the only choice.   Once the rider has gotten a few skill points you wont get the red hiney negative moodlet as much.  Another thing is that a lot of time I won't spend the whole day on the horse if I'm going to run competition that way the rider and the horse have both rested before the competition to further the chances of winning.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 03:45:16 PM »
It's very slow going until your horse gets to level two and can gallop.  The slowness is just temporary; be patient and give the horse lots of opportunities to gallop around at home to raise the skill and it'll get there in no time.

Huy

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 10:56:09 AM »
your horse can replace the transport to work, you know! I got it accidentally so i'm not sure how! maybe level up related skills would do!

anything