Author Topic: Showtime - First Impressions  (Read 58679 times)

Offline Trentorio

• Townie
  • "Shamo!"
Re: Showtime - First Impressions
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2012, 03:15:47 PM »
Whoa part 2.

My singer just had an incendiary accident while while performing a sing-a-gram, and failed to douse herself in time.

That certainly sucks!  Miss DuRone will have to be careful in the future.

Melusane

« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2012, 04:04:39 PM »
I have just been trying a brand new singer sim, I don't know if he's got the right skills for this career, but I must admit that I'm having great fun with him. The usual rules are somekind different and this looks good to me, it makes me remember the first time I tried World adventures. Something different though not too much when you get used to it.

We'll see if this first impression lasts, but it is a good start indeed from my point of view.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2012, 07:35:46 PM »
One thing I have noticed and not keen on is the fact that when you load a game, even if it was saved while paused, it just starts running. I often start loading a game then go off to do something else while it loads. For this reason, I always hit pause when I save, so if I'm a little longer getting back to my loading game it doesn't matter. Since Showtime however, even if I hit pause, when I load a game it is not paused, but running. Just a little peeve, but something that's new with Showtime.
Plus not sure if it's the game or the fact that up until Showtime I've been concentrating on the clones challenge which has needs static, but it seems harder to keep my Sims happy. Although, this could also be due to the fact that I moved 3 Sims into a cheap house with only basic furnishings so they sleep poorly, have food cooked unevenly and all the leftovers taste like fridge lol
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2012, 08:14:03 PM »
My First Impression - negative. I was playing my magician Sim happily, and then building her house, I get a Blue Screen of Death. >:(

But other than that. I was happy to see a couple of thesims3.com status updates make their way into my game - one by Hosfac, one by Gogowars, and a couple by enchanted81. I soon got the gist of raising my Magician's profession level - a successful trick nets her a good amount of experience, and a failed one doesn't give her much, if any.
Starlight Shores is a large, but impressive, town. Thinking I wasn't yet eligible for SimPort, I skipped out on it (later finding out I am eligible). I posted a status update or two as well. I also learnt you can only do this in Live Mode, not Buy/Build Mode.

Edit:

So I tried SimPort out by SimPorting my Level 10 Singer Sim to a Big Venue in Samoht04's game. She disappeared for 12 hours and came back with about $1500, even though the game promised $5000. Since the game said Samo would have to approve it (or something), I assume I'll get the rest if he does, and if he doesn't, I assume I won't get any more.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2012, 11:18:50 PM »
Has anyone been able to get tiberium to go from a heart cut to a large spire cut since the patch/xpac came out?    I have a heart cut tiberium that hasn't grown in almost a week and this is unusual for me.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2012, 11:23:21 PM »
Has anyone been able to get tiberium to go from a heart cut to a large spire cut since the patch/xpac came out?    I have a heart cut tiberium that hasn't grown in almost a week and this is unusual for me.

I had a similar problem about a week ago (before the patch/EP) I had two pieces and the second one grew, but the first didn't. So it may not be related to Showtime
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2012, 03:25:52 AM »
Showtime is giving me grief right now. Starlight Shores crashed the one time I played it, what's worse is that from my brief view from Map View I wasn't that blown away. I like a few of the houses but I really haven't explored yet. Then just now whilst in SV it crashed at the same time my internet went... connection due to the no connection?  ::) I LOVE the new stuff though. One reason why I am so angry about the crashing is that I lost a house I really liked that took ages and I had only just finished the shell of it. It's very rare for me to just build something like that and like it so much, grrrr!

I did but then I moved it and within a day it grew. It must have been too close to something or something.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

macphile

« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2012, 03:45:40 AM »
One thing I have noticed and not keen on is the fact that when you load a game, even if it was saved while paused, it just starts running.

Are you sure it's Showtime? I started experiencing that with the second-to-last patch (not the really new one but the one just before it), and I don't have anything but Ambitions.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2012, 03:50:42 AM »
Are you sure it's Showtime? I started experiencing that with the second-to-last patch (not the really new one but the one just before it), and I don't have anything but Ambitions.

Well I've only been experiencing it since I installed Showtime on Thursday. I hadn't installed the latest patch (the one that came out just prior to Showtime) because the game couldn't finish the installation for some reason, but I did have the patch before that.

Offline JonMom2009

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2012, 04:26:36 AM »
I am loving the new things, and although it is a might slow and freezes often for a few it is great. Oh, and there is a new logic builder! Dominoes!

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2012, 04:49:00 AM »

Well I've only been experiencing it since I installed Showtime on Thursday. I hadn't installed the latest patch (the one that came out just prior to Showtime) because the game couldn't finish the installation for some reason, but I did have the patch before that.

Yeah, I was hearing about that right after the patch was released, so that's likely when it started.  I didn't install the patch until my mods were updated, so I can't say for sure.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2012, 05:01:08 AM »
Ok so it has just arrived through the post and my Fiance got me the Katy Perry edition - the box is sparkly.  Will be loading it at some point today so excited :)
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2012, 05:33:35 AM »
So far I have not had any real problems, except my game crashed when I used simport.  Little laggy at times and a few short freezes, but that also happened before SS.  Will play more this weekend when I am off. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2012, 05:37:37 AM »
My first impression of Showtime is positive.

I tried playing my previous Appaloosa Plains game first. It asked me if I want to place the new lots, I said yes. Unfortunately when placing the big park the game crashed and gave me a blue screen of death. Not fun. Despite this, I didn't break down. I decided to start a new file in Starlight Shores and so I did. The number of new clothes and hairstyles was surprising and very pleasant. I liked most of what EA has added.

I created my sim and moved her into a starter house. My first thought about the new world is that it looks like a great mix of Twinbrook and Sunset Valley. I like that it is so spacious, will be great for placing lots from other expansion packs.

When I went into Buy mode, there were new items everywhere. I was even hesitating which variation of, say, a guitar to choose. Anyway. Next thing I did was to try out the new social features. I like it because it doesn't require you to be interactive but rather keeps you updated with your friends. But that, of course, is my opinion only.

The simport was a bit buggy...it errored me multiple times but in the end decided to accept my friend's sim and guess what, it was great. I really got the "tour" feeling it is supposed to give.

I liked Showtime and its features very much and I hope that it will be this way for others too.

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2012, 06:55:53 AM »
My first impressions are - positive about the content, but negative about how buggy it is.  I echo Carl's comment in another thread; this is the buggiest expansion pack so far.