Author Topic: Showtime - First Impressions  (Read 58676 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Showtime - First Impressions
« on: March 06, 2012, 04:06:36 AM »
Showtime's release is here!  Tell us what you think of this new expansion pack for Sims 3.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Showtime - First Impressions
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 11:08:34 AM »
There are two huge empty lots in Starlight Shores: a 64 x 64 and a 60 x 60.  However, if you have pets, the equestrien center automatically takes over the 60 x 60 lot and if you're not looking you may not see it there. 

The addresses are 339 Hill Street (60x60) and 684 Vista Blvd (64x64).    No deathbush at the graveyard but there is a pond.  The library has kids books and skill books.   

There is another 60 x 60 empty park area.   The only buildings from other expansions are the ones auto populated so in addition to the equestrien center the generic junkyard, fire station, tattoo parlor and consignment shop are also auto placed on lots.  Most of the town seems to be Big Venues, Live Show Venues and Private Venues which work for the new professions.  There seems to be a stage everywhere.   

Overall the town isn't that large but the people in it are interesting to say the least.  Two of the families are Gooder and Best. 

Strangely enough this is also the prettiest cemetery I've seen EA make so far.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 11:27:45 AM »
I'm working on getting an acrobat started. To become an acrobat (or singer or magician), you look in the newspaper under profession. You click on the Sim to practice or to perform for tips. I can see why you get the option to moonlight as a DJ; my biggest tip so far has been $20. You can perform for tips in any public place, and you advance with athletic, perform for tips, and getting gigs.

She went to a SimFest -- the acrobat was slightly more advanced than she was, but managed to set himself on fire with the fire baton. Luckily he didn't keep burning, but I don't know what happens if the active Sim does that.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 11:54:48 AM »
I'm working on a list of residents for people to have and while doing so I think I have met the first townie that will ever autonomously get her lifetime wish without any help from the player.    Catherine Best wants to be surrounded by family and at the start of the game she has four children and is pregnant.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 11:59:05 AM »
Just got the game at Walmart, my first impression - I love Walmart. Why? Because I didn't preorder, and they had copies of the Katy Perry Edition and the Limited Edition. They didn't even HAVE the regular edition of Showtime. Going to go install and will let you know when I get back. :D
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 12:30:18 PM »
Someone named Willard Wright showed up at my Sim's first gig. She bombed, by the way, and the moodlet is cute, a cane hooked around the neck.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 12:45:50 PM »
Can someone get some pictures of the town for us that won't have it for a few days (Or a long while for some).  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 12:50:35 PM »
I've been reading some of the bios for the families.  Wow! Such drama for a little town.  There are two households that share a corner of the road that are supposed to be the same lot.  One is the ex husband living in the "pool house"  while the wife has the main house where her gold digger boyfriend lives with her.

Another house is a lovely young couple where the woman's best friend from school just moved in.  That best friend wants to steal everything her friend has.. fame, fortune,even the boyfriend!

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 12:52:04 PM »
Oooh, the town sounds like room for a whole bunch of stories! :D Has anyone tried out the chat feature thing yet?

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 01:26:55 PM »
Started a game in Union Cove and demolished a couple sites to make room for the new venues.  The big venue doubles as a theater, and the coffeeshop doubles as a diner.  Decided to try out magician first, your only option at first is street busking (performing for tips), and you only know two tricks, neither which you perform well.  Now, it appears that you have a time limit to performing, after which you get fatigued, similiar to working out.  Even so, I made $33 my first time (enough to buy dinner at the coffeeshop) and got halfway through the first level.  You can also perform the tricks for practice, but have to queue them individually.  Finally, with the natural born performer trait, you get a new "Ta-Da!" action that gives you a +5 moodlet for 2 hours.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Showtime - First Impressions
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 01:39:54 PM »
I'm having great fun with my singer. I did notice that there's no go home arrow after she finishes a gig so i have to go to town view and click on her house. My next thing is to figure out how she can make an album.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 02:24:45 PM »
Oooh, the town sounds like room for a whole bunch of stories! :D Has anyone tried out the chat feature thing yet?
I can't figure out how to chat in the game so unless there is something hiding all the chatting is basically done through your wall which you can get with the patch.   Which is what some of us have been doing already I think.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 02:33:51 PM »
I can't figure out how to chat in the game so unless there is something hiding all the chatting is basically done through your wall which you can get with the patch.   Which is what some of us have been doing already I think.

Oh right, I see. I thought they actually meant a proper chat thing like msn. ;D

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 03:18:58 PM »
I did have some messages pop up while playing and commented on them , sort of like msn . I kind of liked it .
So far I'm just loving Showtime . :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 03:24:05 PM »
Yes, chatting during the game doesn't seem as intrusive as I had feared. The game doesn't pause while you write a response, however. I'm looking forward to using SimPort, but want to wait until my acrobat can do a gig without bombing.