Author Topic: Singing  (Read 48267 times)

Offline beardeux

• Occult
Re: Singing
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2012, 09:31:19 PM »
It sounds to me like regular sims not in the singing profession can not have a good singing voice (other than learning the songs from other countries).  Is that correct?  If so, I'm disappointed with the kareoke machine featured, as I am a singer myself.  It was one of my favourite things in Sims 2, they all had one, both for individuals and pairs.  Also, a great friendship booster.  I currently have two sims going through the music profession, one rock, the other symphonic.  I take it they won't be able to sing either (certainly not so far and they're at level 9).  Do they keep their singing ability if they go through the singing profession and then quit.  It might be worth it just so they can sing.  They'd have to quit their music careers though.  Ughhh.
bear
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Nice things come in small packages.
Timing is everything.

Leto85

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2012, 04:11:28 AM »
It sounds to me like regular sims not in the singing profession can not have a good singing voice (other than learning the songs from other countries).  Is that correct?  If so, I'm disappointed with the kareoke machine featured, as I am a singer myself.  It was one of my favourite things in Sims 2, they all had one, both for individuals and pairs.  Also, a great friendship booster.  I currently have two sims going through the music profession, one rock, the other symphonic.  I take it they won't be able to sing either (certainly not so far and they're at level 9).  Do they keep their singing ability if they go through the singing profession and then quit.  It might be worth it just so they can sing.  They'd have to quit their music careers though.  Ughhh.
bear

If you do quit them, quit them at level 10, not straight away. It's pitty if you became that far and than quit already. And besides that, your symphonic sim will go home with a good stereo installation at level 10, while your rocker will get the hidden Rocker Trait, which will pass on to their children. That trait (and stereo) they keep at after quiting the career.
About the singing skill I'm not sure, but I definately going to try that one out.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2012, 12:29:08 PM »
I'm disappointed that Singer is a separate thing.  I've enjoyed playing bands, and I was hoping to have a band with a singer.  But it looks like this isn't possible.  The sims world is a strange one.  :o

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2012, 01:18:14 AM »
thanks Leto85.  I'll look for the rewards.  I have no intention of quitting them before the end.  I like to see the complete careers in their employment record.  I can't have all my sims though quit their jobs just to sing (boo hoo) so I'll keep it to one neighbourhood.  At least these friends will be able to sing together.

Corylea,  I was also looking for this possibility.  Boo hoo again.

Another question I have, can I say no to a gig.  I now have another sim who has reached level 10 and people are calling and booking him without a chance to say yay or nay.  Can I cancel or turn them down?  What happens if my sim just doesn't show up.  I'm hoping to have steady gigs at the big venues and then my choice of other shows, ie the park.
bear
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Timing is everything.

Melusane

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2012, 10:46:19 AM »
I first made a singer with Showtime when I was not aware of how being best, then an acrobat and a magician. I am now trying to better my singer level 10, but I cannot remember the order of the songs so he can be best each time he performs.
Best shows with an acrobat or a magician are easy to pick, have you noticed the same with songs?
Thank you for your replies :)

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2012, 10:52:08 AM »
bear

Before Showtime my virtuoso sim had a good singing voice for the foreign songs. So now I mke sure my singer in Showtime also has that trait. I've seen that sims with the virtuoso trait sing better the foreign songs.

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2012, 05:45:40 PM »
I also have sims who have learned the foreign songs without having the virtuoso trait.  I think that is part of the game.  They just are all able to learn those songs.  None of my sims can sing except those in the singing profession (not the music career).

I have discovered that they do not keep their singing ability if they quit the profession.  The singer option is gone and they can no longer perform for tips.  They keep the little stage light in their backpack but can do nothing with it.

I'll only have the kareoke for those that are in the profession.  Boohoo...
Bear
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Timing is everything.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2012, 05:59:14 PM »
I first made a singer with Showtime when I was not aware of how being best, then an acrobat and a magician. I am now trying to better my singer level 10, but I cannot remember the order of the songs so he can be best each time he performs.

There is no order.  Randomness during the songs is the key.  You need to cue up verse, chorus, and your various level related moves, and if you do it the same time every time, Sims get bored and your show won't be as good.  You can have an incredible performance and only sing two songs during the whole show.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2012, 07:02:51 PM »
I love the singing career.  The only problem I have is that I ignore the singagrams (at level 4 I figure they've paid their dues).  They have always just gone away - new ones the next day.  Suddenly, I have 4 that won't go away.  Any ideas how to get rid of them.  I've tried to have my singer do them.  The command goes away as if they are not performable anymore, which they are days old and not.  It clutters up the map.

Yes money in singing.  My best performance was 37,500.  Not bad for 3 songs.
Bear
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Timing is everything.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2012, 07:07:47 PM »
Resetting the Sims who are the recipients should get rid of them.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Leto85

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2012, 03:47:23 PM »
Before Showtime my virtuoso sim had a good singing voice for the foreign songs. So now I mke sure my singer in Showtime also has that trait. I've seen that sims with the virtuoso trait sing better the foreign songs.

I am not sure if previous existing traits have any influence on later added effects in the game but Virtuoso just sounds right when you're going the singing way of life. I, personally don't hear any difference between sims singing with the Virtuoso trait or without. But that also could explain that I definitely have NOT the Virtuoso trait. :P

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2012, 02:05:59 AM »
the reset idea sounds good to me.  I waited until a new singagram job showed up, did that one, and then all the others disappeared as well.  Had enough of singagrams.
bear
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Timing is everything.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2012, 02:22:34 AM »
I abandoned doing sing-o-grams! And a weird thing happened, my sim had 1 gig scheduled when she stopped for maternity leave. After the kids were born, a notice pops up "Remember Nightengale has a gig in 2 hours". There was nothing in her gig schedule, so I sent her to the site and she was able to perform and get credit for it.

Edit: Just happened again for 2 other gigs not on her schedule.

Leto85

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2012, 01:27:43 PM »
I abandoned doing sing-o-grams! And a weird thing happened, my sim had 1 gig scheduled when she stopped for maternity leave. After the kids were born, a notice pops up "Remember Nightengale has a gig in 2 hours". There was nothing in her gig schedule, so I sent her to the site and she was able to perform and get credit for it.

Edit: Just happened again for 2 other gigs not on her schedule.

Nightingale? What a cool nickname. Sounds like you've played an Elder Scrolls game.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2012, 02:13:12 PM »
Nightingale? What a cool nickname. Sounds like you've played an Elder Scrolls game.

It's also a Song Bird which has a famous singing voice;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

anything