Author Topic: Artie's Lunar Lunacy  (Read 408841 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Artie's Lunar Lunacy (New Chapter: It's a...)
« Reply #675 on: August 17, 2012, 02:08:20 PM »
Guess we could call them burnt burrito babies but that doesn't sound right either.  When Prim gave me another red one I just couldn't believe my luck.

And for those that read but may not read every other thread on the forum.  I currently am having yet another issue with my game.  I have posted a thread on the technical help board about my loading screen problem.   If it doesn't get fixed soon, I may end up having to do yet another reinstall.  It takes two days to download and install the games, store content and forum content.  You'd think I'd have a better way to do it but doing it the fast way made the error pop back up and now I can't even load the game.  It's so frustrating.

However, this should mean you guys will catch up with me in playtime since I'll have lots of time for updates instead of working that race to beat Supernatural.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #676 on: August 17, 2012, 02:25:17 PM »
And the red skin lives! Weird skin tones tend to die out quickly for me.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #677 on: August 17, 2012, 03:19:23 PM »
Hi, I am catching up with all stories after my holiday.
I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy your colorful story ;)

It takes two days to download and install the games, store content and forum content.  You'd think I'd have a better way to do it but doing it the fast way made the error pop back up and now I can't even load the game.  It's so frustrating.

In the last few months I also had to download and install the games several times again. So I know how it feels... I do it differently now though and maybe this is an idea for you too. After my last clean install (so without cc installed and no playing yet) I have made a back-up. So whenever my game starts bugging again I can make a copy of my game elsewhere and place the clean back-up. Then I just put back what I need of my game without any extra crap ;)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

SimBlip

« Reply #678 on: August 17, 2012, 05:37:00 PM »
Aker? Like in Acre? I love it! It's wonderful you could keep the red skin going.
Love you, little boy. I'm sure you'll make a striking Grim :)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #679 on: August 17, 2012, 05:38:39 PM »
Welcome, Aker! Oh, I bet he'll be gorgeous!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #680 on: August 17, 2012, 05:53:28 PM »
Welcome to the Simworld little Aker. I bet he is all kinds of cute. Dodo Simself want first dibs on generation eight Grim when he gets here.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #681 on: August 17, 2012, 07:47:08 PM »
I say it like acre but when I was researching God names I came across this one from ancient egypt.  He was the god of the earth that was represented by the horizon.  Sometimes spelled Akar is what the wiki said.  I went with Aker and kept it.

Just wait til you guys see him - Dodo has a little time to wait because I don't even have my girl -yet- but I'm determined by the end of the weekend since for once I don't have any family obligations.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #682 on: August 18, 2012, 10:53:58 AM »
I love the idea of calling red nooboos burnt burrito babies !(Or possibly cinnamons?) I use green sims the most, what would their spawn be?

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
« Reply #683 on: August 18, 2012, 11:04:40 AM »
I love the idea of calling red nooboos burnt burrito babies !(Or possibly cinnamons?) I use green sims the most, what would their spawn be?
Peas?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #684 on: August 18, 2012, 11:04:59 AM »
Great update Rica! I'm so jealous of you and your Genetics! What's this like 5/6 Reds? Then I can't even get to Gen 3 with an eye colours.  ::)

Veggie Burritos.  :P
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Artie's Lunar Lunacy (New Chapter: Next Three Days)
« Reply #685 on: August 18, 2012, 12:05:48 PM »
I like that - Frozen Burritos, Burnt Burritos and Veggie Burritos.   The names will never stick but it's funny nonetheless.  Redboos could be called Cinnaboos but that reminds me of Cinnabon and makes me hungry. 

Rica: "Hey there cutie.  Having a good time in your swing?"
Aker: -gurgles & coos-
Rica: "Yeah I bet you are.  I'm just so happy you're red.  You have no idea."
Aker: -gurgles & coos-
Rica: "Big plans for you my friend.  Should have started painting with someone sooner but I wasn't thinking about that before now.  Oh well.  I think you'll be up to it huh?"
Aker: -babbles back-
Rica: "I have no idea what I'm going to do for your spouse though."
Aker: -strange voice- "Rica you are in so much trouble."
Rica: -jumps- "Wait.  who said that?"
Aker: -babbles-
Rica: Hmm

Rica: "When you're a unicorn there is just no easy way to win at hide and seek."
Athena: "After you get somewhere you can hide and after a while it goes away."
Rica: "Yes but you could never rehide if they get too close.  You'd definitely be found then."
Athena: "This is true."

Dreamer Horse (white unicorn): "Oh good you came."
Roamer Horse: "I can't believe you would doubt me."
Amon: "Wait why are we here?"

Dreamer Horse: "You know what you must do.  The balance must be kept."
Roamer: "My part is already done.  A child of our blood has been born.  A girl child."
Dreamer: "Then the legends are true.  Stay safe, brother."
Roamer: "You too."
Amon: "Someone want to clue me in."
Roamer: "Mayhaps.  The balance must be kept.  There are dark forces trying to work against and with your family.  We know what your Great Great Grandfather really is but where he thinks he has enemies, he really has allies and where he thinks he has allies, he really has enemies.   We, the magical, have decided to step forth and lend our hand to keep the balance safe so that Artie will hopefully finish his task.  However, with our bold move, this also means that some of the forces have become alerted and started to plot."
Amon: "Maybe I should talk with Artie.."
Roamer: "You cannot!  He has a connection to these people that would alert them to our understanding.  But we should get home.  The hour grows late and you should bond more with your child."

Excerpt from Lunar Lakes Ledger:
      Our newly appointed mayor, Amon Grim, may be someone to watch out for in this reporter's opinion.  This may have something to do with Mayor Grim's family life.  The Grims, known by most residents, have been reported on by over 5 generations of reporters in this publication's history.  With each generation, it seems we talk about the family's influence over yet another part of our home.  It's been said the Grims have fingers in crime, the military, sports world, the local food supply and now the youngest adult has started to demand notice in the political sphere.  While his name is splashed all over town, it seems that no one I've stalked today knows what the Grim agenda is for our government.  Well no one who walks on two legs that is.
Daniel Sheperd, Reporter - Lunar Lakes Ledger

Two Days Later:
      The Sheperd family has moved out of town.  While some people may notice this change, most residents say "Who?".  Local representatives say that the sudden moves are nothing to be worried about.  The Sheperds, who weren't very active in the community, have been sent to our sister colony that the military started two generations ago.   The now vacant house can be found on Babylon Way if anyone would like to submit a requisition for a house change.
Staff - Lunar Lakes Ledger

If you saw this picture - what would you think?  To some this may seem sweet how all the men in Aker's young life have started to flock to his side to help raise him. 

They might actually be shocked to know the truth.

Just how many lollipops can you hide in a blanket anyway?

Now they all gather around the cake to wish the little one a happy birthday.
Prim: "Guys.  He will not get anymore candy after the sparkles happen."
Ares: "How do you know?"
Prim: "Because I'm taking it all. "
Apollo: "That doesn't seem fair."
Artie: "Stop arguing.  Let's see who he looks like!"

Rica: "Aww.  Well hello precious.  Welcome back red hair."

Next Chapter

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #686 on: August 18, 2012, 01:57:50 PM »
Great chapter as always. I love the burrito Idea, but also the BlueBoos and CinnaBoos But green ones are left out. I'm using the burrito Idea from now on

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

SimBlip

« Reply #687 on: August 18, 2012, 06:07:06 PM »
The exchange between Dancer and Roamer was intriguing to say the least... as were the articles in the Lunar Lakes ledger.
Who would have thought babies were that rich in candy? Great update!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #688 on: August 18, 2012, 08:29:46 PM »
Normally I wouldn't do this but really I'm at a part in my story that can go one of two ways and receive the same result (and it's a doozy).  However my original plan for the dynasty means it will take longer or I can revise it to make it shorter and therefore putting me at the end quicker.  I'm not entirely certain which way I want to go and since I'm not giving a lot of details this may be harder for some of you to comment on.   However, I wouldn't mind a response on the board or in PM of what some of you think I should do.  I had been working hard to be done by Supernatural release and having to do two in the last month has really put a kink in my timing.  I can't guarantee that the release will cause me issues but I can't guarantee it won't either.  Pets, Generations and Showtime all caused me to lose at least one game file.  The first two caused me to lose all of my game files.  That's why I'm really scared about the patch and EP release. 

What would you guys suggest?  Don't worry I already have it in my head how to work either into the story and yes I know some of you don't want it to end but I have a surprise for you.  I hope it's a good surprise but it's a surprise nonetheless.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #689 on: August 18, 2012, 08:41:21 PM »
While it is ultimately your decision as to what to do with your story, I would certainly be dismayed (to put it mildly) to see Artie fall yet again from technical issues that are entirely not your fault. If you can give Artie (and yourself) a chance to complete this Dynasty without fear of technical issues, I'd be all for it. Reading the end of this Dynasty would be sad, but reading the end of a failed Dynasty would be much sadder.