Author Topic: New Careers In Other Neighborhoods  (Read 2196 times)

Offline 0bserver92

• Nooboo
New Careers In Other Neighborhoods
« on: March 16, 2012, 11:46:14 AM »
Is it possible to be a singer in a neighbourhood that doesn't have stages like the one in the park of Starlight Shores? If not, is there a way to add things like that?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: New Careers In Other Neibourhoods
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 11:48:47 AM »
It would be a lot harder to max out the career without the stages.  All the ones you need are in the commercial buildings section of Edit town to be placed so unless you absolutely don't have room in your world you should be able to place them down.  In some worlds you would be able to replace certain buildings with the new ones.  Example:  The sunset Valley stadium can be replaced with the one from Starlight Shores.

You can also build stages on lots using Buydebug but the lots would have to be changed for them to be recognized as venues.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 04:00:28 AM »
You can also build stages on lots using Buydebug but the lots would have to be changed for them to be recognized as venues.

You have to place more than just stages.  You need to place the zones for the townies to show up.  However, I don't know for sure that anyone has actually messed around with them yet.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Nyxi

• Llama Wrangler
Re: New Careers In Other Neighborhoods
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 07:02:48 AM »
Ummm I am not sure about this but I think the buydebug objects for the crowds don't actually spawn the townies they spawn something more like the shadow of sims... the actual sims that watch your performance are right in front of the stage and you can scroll over them/read their name, etc. So you could actually build a performance venue without the buydebug crowd it would just look kinda lame, like the clubs in BP with noone...

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: New Careers In Other Neighborhoods
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 08:19:54 AM »
There are two types of crowd spaces for audience.   You can see this when you're in Starlight Shores.  There is one that says "Hey Townies come stand here" and there is the shadow one that you're talking about. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Leto85

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 07:39:35 PM »
You have to place more than just stages.  You need to place the zones for the townies to show up.  However, I don't know for sure that anyone has actually messed around with them yet.

I believe Naga did. In his Sunset Valley 5.0 I believe he had put all the pets and Showtime freaked buildings in.