Author Topic: Just curious! Do men and women play Sims 3 differently?  (Read 40390 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Just curious! Do men and women play Sims 3 differently?
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2011, 01:08:22 PM »
Katluvr, I edited a portion of your post above because you mentioned a possible strategy for a current challenge. (A good one I might add) ;)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2011, 02:06:04 PM »
Katluvr, I edited a portion of your post above because you mentioned a possible strategy for a current challenge. (A good one I might add) ;)

Whoops, sorry about that!  And thank you!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Musenapper

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2011, 04:02:54 PM »
I am a guy and I play with families.  I have one that is on it's fifth generation and another on it's fourth.  It definately ads some fantasy aspects, I am not married have no kids rent a room in a nice house and work at a so so job that pays the bills.  My sims live lives I can only imagine.

Offline Joh

• Townie
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2011, 08:26:03 PM »
I'm female. I tend to play a couple, or a couple with one child (to start). I like to max skills before I bring a child into the family, plus have enough money that someone can stay home with the offspring. I mostly focus on building and renovating.

Don't hate me but I use to collect Barbie dolls.  Sooo..."Virtual doll house", yes it is, only the coolest most elaborate one ever!!!

Plus, I can do all my houses in black, white, and grey if I want to, they aren't all hot pink!

Offline Huge

• Townie
« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2011, 08:39:32 AM »
I'm a guy, and I don't mind. I have about 4-6 games on the go, all with different situations. The single dad with triplets is HARD :P The 4some of 2 couples is fun, as I started off with 4 housemates, and let then just get on with it. I gave them all jobs fitting their lifetime wishes and let them have total free will.

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2011, 03:35:57 PM »
I'm a man, but I can change. If I have to. I guess...  ;D

I tend to play Sims that are single or married without kids. Once there's more than two or three in a household, I have a heck of a time keeping up with everyone. I'll have to read Pam's guide, heh.

I do want to get the hang of playing with Aging off and raise a Legacy though. The biggest change I'd love to see is being able to create Sims with a few (maybe three to five) skill points to start with as a Young Adult. I hate that you have to start a YA Sim from CAS without any skills. To me, that's not very realistic. But, it generally doesn't take too long to build up a couple skills.

I also love designing houses. I'm not really good at it yet (some re-creations of Sims 1 and 2 houses mostly), though I have uploaded one house here and I'm working on another. My houses tend to be boxy, but I'm trying to put together things I've learned from the re-creations into building some more unique designs. I'm also working on a house design based on Don Lothario's place in Sims 2 (the flat roofed townhouse), and some houses based on designs from Grand Theft Auto IV. Some of the houses in Alderny (the game's New Jersey setting) are pretty nice.

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2011, 05:42:32 PM »
The single dad with triplets is HARD :P

A couple with triplets is hard lol.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline chrissie

• Townie
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2011, 06:29:14 PM »
I tend to vary my play, sometimes a single Sim sometimes a couple. I will also create Sims with the purpose of trying to achieve a particular LTW. As a mum who brought up three children and am now a Granny, I quite enjoy raising families both in RL and in Sims, and I've done the Surrounded by family a couple of times now. It's been interesting reading through this thread and seeing the variations in play, but we all love playing and that's what brings us all together!

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2011, 09:31:06 PM »
A couple with triplets is hard lol.

Triplets are just plain hard period! I usually play with families. If I make a single sim I want usually they get married quickly into the game. I might go on one vacation while they are single. Right now I have my legacy family with one baby. However I have another family I'm playing Hylarie and her husband have five kids all at home....and that game makes my computer lag badly! It's a challenge but fun.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2011, 11:16:15 PM »
I played a single mother of 6, and the last two were surprise twins.  I was trying to complete the "Surrounded by Family" LTW without getting married.  That poor girl hardly slept throughout her young adult life.  But all 6 kids made it to teenager, and she trained each toddler completely and each child an honor student.  She had a job as a teacher, but she didn't actually have to go to work until the twins were toddlers lol.  By that time, the oldest was a couple days away from being an adult, so they didn't really need a babysitter except for a couple of days.

Let me tell you:  it's a real science to plan out pregnancies in order to keep from running out of maternity leave.  But it kept her bills paid.

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2011, 11:27:24 AM »
Interesting survey results, especially to see an even distribution in male preferences, as opposed to what the social stigma might dictate.

I suppose in those rare occassions that I actually play the game I tend toward sending single sims off on wild (insert the goal of whichever expansion pack here) adventures... Dungeon crawling in the ruins of an Egyptian inventor's laboratory?  Yes please!

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Offline simone88

• Nooboo
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2011, 07:01:48 PM »
I'm a female player. I always play with a family. Most of the time my sims would be a married couple from CAS. Sometimes I don't have the patience to look around the town for a spouse so I just create one. If only I could do that in real life lol

originalsim

« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2011, 07:03:22 PM »
I'm female, and I usually start with a couple, they have a child (or two or three) and the child I like best moves out on their own when they become a Young Adult. They meet a spouse have kids, etc..., and the whole thing starts all over. I love to build though. It's my favorite part, so I set it up so that I get to build a new place every generation (and beautify my towns!).
I also try to experiment with jobs and traits in each new generation to get a feel for all of the game options. Inevitably, I spend at least some time in World Adventures with my young adult Sims. Tomb raiding is a lot of fun!

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2011, 01:04:51 PM »
It's my favorite part, so I set it up so that I get to build a new place every generation (and beautify my towns!).

What a fantastic idea!  Instead of building one huge mansion that's passed down through the generations, the heir of each generation builds their own smaller house!

I think I'm going to do that with my next family.

Offline Lynley1248

• Occult
« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2011, 03:21:31 PM »
I’m female and I prefer playing with families.  I usually start out with a single Sim, have him/her start a career, find a spouse, and have kids.  I play with a lot of family oriented Sims.  I try to limit the kids to 2-3 but, inevitably, they usually end up with 4, 5, or 6. :)  I really love toddlers in the game and think they are ridiculously cute so at least one of my Sims usually ends up with the fertility treatment reward.  My favorite family at the moment is about to bring in generation 9. 

Families to me are more interesting.  Single Sims get boring fast and Sims in my games rarely stay that way for more than a few Sim weeks.  I love looking at large, sprawling family trees, as well.  It is really interesting to see how the kids’ lives turn out once they have been released into the wild, so to speak.  ;D 

I'm female, and I usually start with a couple, they have a child (or two or three) and the child I like best moves out on their own when they become a Young Adult. They meet a spouse have kids, etc..., and the whole thing starts all over. I love to build though. It's my favorite part, so I set it up so that I get to build a new place every generation

This is how I like to play as well, have each new generation move out on their own and start anew.  Once you get past a few generations, the family has so much money, I find it gets boring as there isn't as much of a challenge.  And since I love to build, it gives me the opportunity since I tend to stick with one family for a long time.