Author Topic: The Sims 3 - Showtime EP06  (Read 59439 times)

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 - Showtime EP06
« Reply #625 on: March 16, 2012, 08:43:19 PM »
Okay, can someone help me? Before installing Showtime I decided to get up to date with 1.33 and then right when it was about to be done it said that it failed. So instead I just started the installation process and it said I needed to patch my game so I clicked okay and a little window popped up saying "Update in process. Please wait..." Well that has been there for a while and I don't have any way of knowing how far the update has gone or if it is even going. Has this happened to anyone else and if so, how long will it take to finish?
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #626 on: March 16, 2012, 08:47:54 PM »
how long will it take to finish?

It's been like, half an hour and the percentage complete says, 6%

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #627 on: March 16, 2012, 08:51:16 PM »
It just finished! I feel like an idiot now lol.  ::)
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #628 on: March 17, 2012, 03:08:20 PM »
I'm playing a magician and mostly finding it not as interesting as playing a singer.  Once I've seen her turn her wand into flowers half a dozen times, I've really seen as much as I need to of that particular animation, but she needs to do it a zillion more times in order to advance.  ???

I think it's very weird that Showtime sims can't practice their professions at home before going out into the world.  I wanted to practice in privacy and get reasonably good before performing for other sims, but no, the only way for the magician to advance from level 1 to level 2 is to perform for tips. :o  I was hoping there'd be a magician's props box or something that they could click on to skill at home, just like skilling with any of the ordinary skill objects, but no. 

Would you send a sim who'd never played a single chess game before out to compete in a tournament?  Of course not.  They practice at home for awhile.  I don't know why EA set up the Showtime careers this way.  I mean, with ghost hunting, you pretty much have to learn on the job -- there aren't ghosts causing problems that you can practice on, otherwise.  But singing?  Performing low-level magic tricks?  You can practice those in your living room.

I do love the fail for the doves trick, though.  Raining rubber duckies is pretty darned cute.  ;D

Offline moonshadow

• Watcher of the Moon.
  • Townie
  • "It's not someday, but today that I change"
« Reply #629 on: March 17, 2012, 06:14:28 PM »
Corylea a magician can practice at home but it takes forever it seems. The bar will raise a little when you do the card and wand tricks. and the other professions can be done too.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #630 on: March 17, 2012, 06:19:49 PM »
Once the magician gets to a certain level and can do the appearing objects illusion, I just have him do that over and over again (I had one female magician who did this all the time without being told) and often he will conjure up a magic gnome. At one point I had a dozen gnomes from him just practicing at home. Plus when they get the mystery box and the glass box, you can place them on the home lot and practice.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

rainydaycoffee

« Reply #631 on: March 19, 2012, 11:06:30 PM »
Are there child actors?  An insane child can showoff as well as talk to self. Good for acting.

Actually I was thinking of a daredevil.  "Daredevils will receive an 'Adrenaline rush' moodlet after performing 'Watch This' social interaction."

Can a child use the outdoor stage?        I use an insane, inappropriate, daredevil child.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #632 on: March 19, 2012, 11:46:56 PM »
Hi everyone!

I just want to remind all of you that this thread was just a starter topic for Showtime before it was released.  We now have an entire board dedicated to Showtime and some of the posts here should really have their own topics on the Showtime board.  If you've got an actual issue or problem with Showtime, please post it on the Showtime board instead of on this thread. 

Thanks very much.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything