Author Topic: Showtime/World adventures question: any photography bug encountered?  (Read 3343 times)

Leto85

Yeah, I had to choose: where do I put this thing?
I decided Showtime woud suite best, as the question relies on if showtime adds bugs to the photography skill or not.

I am going to supermax photography (with all the collections) but I was wondering if there are any bugs encountered in that skill already which could make me decide to wait a little with that.

What I'm looking for are gamers who may have noticed that collections will get bugged after sending sims over to other towns or not, and if collections simply disapear or can't be completed.
So please post your findings according to that here.

Melusane

Yes photography is bugged again, I always try it because I love it but each time there is a new update they miss it somewhere. I have to check which one is missing but I am sure there is. I remember in Lunar Lake they missed several town buildings, and I tried it in the new town with Showtime, but I did not write down which one was faulty.
I'll test it again this weekend and I'll let you know :).
Going abroad with World Adventures seems the best place to go for genies!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
There are no new bugs with the two EPs that I can tell.   

The same bug from before still occurs in towns that Melusane mentioned but that's a bug that's known for a lot of cities.  It's usually just the Diner picture that's bugged however that has been like that since Ambitions for Twinbrook and since it was made for Lunar Lakes.  The Diner picture is usually only able to be taken when you take a picture of the original diner building. 

Lunar Lakes also doesn't recognize the gym or the art gallery but I figure that's just the same programming glitch with the actual photography coding.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Leto85

Okey, and how about good old Sunset Valley? I can check that out myself but likes to be informed, warned and prepared before starting any large projects.
Are there collections that the game occasionally removed from the list, or are all collections set in stone?

Melusane

Starlight Shores has trouble with: the city hall, the town theater, the bistro, the spa, the diner, but also with the new maussoleum.
I haven't tried it again, but I remember I could not get the sunflower in Lunar Lakes. It always was difficult, but I could not get it this time, no matter which way. Needs to be tested again in Sunset Valley.
I could not get the grapes in Starlight Shores cimetery. This one needs to be tested too.
I just started Egypt with my genie, everything looks fine for now.

Melusane

As far as I can tell now, though my genie is only half through his travels, the bugs are still the same ones as from let's say Generation.
- if you mean to finish the collectible collection Leto, I checked an old save and the dropa stone set is still not working.
- plants and flowers should work as I managed to get the sunflower
- I got the mausoleum from China
- I'll check the police car and the fireman, but they still didn't work last time I tried (just before Showtime)
There are still 5 collections which should be easily done, I'll tell more when I'm finished.

Leto85

Thanks Melusane. Ill be awaiting your results.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Melusane

I still have a few things to check, but as far as I can tell, Ricalynn is right, nothing new.

I finished the architectural and buildings, the plant and flowers, around town and home sweet home collections. I had to use the old rabbitholes for the dinner, the spa, the bistro and the theater.
The collectables collection cannot be finished because of the droppa stones set. This is very disappointing when you consider the time it takes to get all the items. (8 days for me I used no cheat and I do know all the tombs). I only have to find the last two dangerous creatures in Egypt to see if they work.
In the travel collection I still have the shower in a can to do, and I have something strange which I must check: lovers in France was ok but it did not show in the list. And by the way, I got the Nectary the first time but I never could have it again, it was a Latenight party place  ::).
I have not done all the paranormal photos with the mummies and I did not try the sims in motion with Adventures yet.
China was hard to finish because my game lagged very much between 10 pm and 7 am  >:(. Egypt and France were fun as usual.

Leto85

Wow Melisande, what an incredible amount of work you have done to know all this. Thanks for the result so far.
So this means there are no bugs involved that delete collections, but the worse things that can happen is not being able to finish certain collections?
I can live with that.
I can live with that for now. Perhaps I can do a certain amount of collections and for the others I just have to wait before (and if) EA will fix them.
Thanks again. You've been a great help so far. :)

Melusane

Yes, the collections list stays correctly checked if you have finished some collections even if you travel. (But with the nectar making skill, the mixmaster challenge can only be completed if you stay in the same "town" or country while you do it, same bug as before.)

A last remark: I had to use zeneport in two tombs where it was not needed before because my sim needed more space than when there was only WA. One in the tomb of the isle in France and one in Pangu's axe tomb right near the last hidden room. Half a square was not enough to let him through a door.

It was fun to do the whole thing again, and a genie with a sleeping bag is very "handy" in tombs  ;D.

anything