Author Topic: Singing  (Read 48139 times)

Offline Corylea

• Townie
Re: Singing
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2012, 08:41:24 PM »
I am not sure if previous existing traits have any influence on later added effects in the game but Virtuoso just sounds right when you're going the singing way of life. I, personally don't hear any difference between sims singing with the Virtuoso trait or without. But that also could explain that I definitely have NOT the Virtuoso trait. :P

Well, as I explained earlier, there are six traits that impact how well your sim will do in the Singer career, and one of those is Virtuoso.  Virtuoso gives the biggest benefit to singers of any trait except for Natural Born Performer.

<kPositiveTraits value="Diva, SocialButterfly, Ambitious, NaturalBornPerformer, Charismatic, Virtuoso">
      <!--Positive trait bonuses-->
    </kPositiveTraits>
    <kPositiveBonuses value="0.2, 0.1, 0.1, 0.3, 0.1, 0.25">

Offline Phoenix

• Nooboo
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2012, 11:59:59 PM »
It sounds to me like regular sims not in the singing profession can not have a good singing voice (other than learning the songs from other countries).  Is that correct?  If so, I'm disappointed with the kareoke machine featured, as I am a singer myself.  It was one of my favourite things in Sims 2, they all had one, both for individuals and pairs.  Also, a great friendship booster.  I currently have two sims going through the music profession, one rock, the other symphonic.  I take it they won't be able to sing either (certainly not so far and they're at level 9).  Do they keep their singing ability if they go through the singing profession and then quit.  It might be worth it just so they can sing.  They'd have to quit their music careers though.  Ughhh.
bear

There is a hidden skill for the Karaoke machine---the more your sims use it, the better they get at singing (NOT the singing hidden skill, but the Karaoke hidden skill).  Sims with the Natural Born Performer trait will gain this skill quicker than other traits.  Sims with a Diva trait will get a Enjoying Music moodlet, even if they sound awful.  And any sim in the Singer career automatically sings very well, even if it is their first time using the Karaoke machine.

I found it very humorous to listen to my level 10 singer singing a duet with my Diva sim.  He sounded wonderful, she sounded awful, but she enjoyed herself anyway!  ;D 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2012, 12:09:47 PM »
Thanks for that Phoenix,  I'll work on one of my sims and see how that goes, because I really wanted this machine.  The traits mentioned earlier (virtuoso, diva, etc.) my two who are top ten singers don't have any of those traits and still yeild anywhere from 25,000 to 37,600 (my best) for performances.  I think it's awesome.  I do manage their performances.  This also saves a lot of wasted air time on stage.
bear.
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Nice things come in small packages.
Timing is everything.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2012, 03:37:22 AM »
If you noticed, before showtime, sims with the virtuoso trait always sang better in the shower than those without it. My singer has the following traits: artistic (what performer isn't artistic), virtuoso (sometimes she sings with her guitar), Natural born performer (of course), perfectionist (just so she can't write and paint better when not performing) and flirty (to attract men to her venues.
I didn't like Diva because she was picking fights with everyone. Maybe I'll change flirty for Social Butterfly.

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2012, 01:48:20 PM »
I do notice the shower thing.  I love that that.  I also found that the WA songs took that away.  They don't sing anything else.  I stay away from them.  I do have artistic for some of my sims.  I'm looking forward to using the karaoke in pairs.  I don't have natural born performer or perfectionist.  Will have to give them a try.
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Nice things come in small packages.
Timing is everything.

Offline Phoenix

• Nooboo
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2012, 05:12:44 PM »
I do notice the shower thing.  I love that that.  I also found that the WA songs took that away.  They don't sing anything else.  I stay away from them.

I don't know if that is something they have fixed in the latest patch---because I rarely ever let my sims learn those songs because that's all they would do is sing the same song over and over and....  But my level 10 singer does know one WA song---the Love of (whatever the name is) and he does still sing in the shower.  He sounds pretty good too! :D  Thankfully he only seems to autonomously sing that song now if there is *nothing* else around for him to do.  Like when he's collecting seeds and he finishes up--but I am busy with another sim in the household, I will come back to him standing out in the middle of nowhere---singing that song. ::)

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2012, 05:37:31 PM »
I think those with the virtuoso trait sing better than others. My sim(before Showtime) had twin girls. I gave pne the virtouso trait nd the other genius. The one with the virtuoso trait sang better in the shower ndwhen her mother taught them the foreign songs, she sang them better than her sister. For me virtuoso is definietely good for the singer career.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything