Author Topic: Three Million Empty Words - 02x06: Little Brother  (Read 12895 times)

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
Re: Three Million Empty Words - Ep 25: Annabelle's Wisdom
« Reply #150 on: August 05, 2012, 04:02:43 PM »
I love Annabell, she seems quite smart, sensible and fun. I'm excited for whatever comes next in this story.  ;D Looking forward to the screenies!

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #151 on: August 05, 2012, 05:12:34 PM »
An excellent end. Annabelle is indeed a wise girl. :)

This has been one heck of a ride, and I'm glad to know that it's not over!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #152 on: August 06, 2012, 07:01:35 AM »
That was a brilliant ending! Annabelle seemed really nice. You still had to end with us wondering about something. What happened to Vicky!? I can't wait to hear what you have in store next.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline ApplesApplesApples

• Immortal
« Reply #153 on: August 06, 2012, 10:58:05 AM »
Thank you guys!

Urgh, I'm really sorry about the delay. I got sidetracked yesterday. Anyway, here we go:

Paul hanging around in his undies:

Where's the fire?!

Seriously, where's it coming from?!

Oh no! It's Go-Go Dillon's apartment! Rowan is on fire! Poor Paul was supposed to be resting after his surgery.

Rowan borrowed Liam's shower for a bit.

Winter and Foxtrot got into a fight! I wonder who Elijah's cheering for?

The blue boy made friends with Malcolm Landgraab.

Danielle Miranda, a couple of extras, and the kid who Liam saved from the bullies hanging out in the park together. Danielle is upset because Liam broke up with her. (What??)

Yeah, there was a bug. I found out when Patricia told Liam he had the "naughty" reputation, and I checked in Liam's relationship panel. There was Danielle Miranda, marked "girlfriend" even though they'd never had any romantic interactions. (Free will is turned off, so unless I'm losing it...) Winter asked Liam to break up with Danielle, and she took it hard.

Cast party! How many characters do you recognize? ;)

Paul, Patricia, and Shayala shaking it up on the dance floor.

Liam and Annabelle had an accident. I think they were cursed by that mailman! He's doing a suspicious spell-casting-type pose.

Hope you enjoyed. ;D

Offline SadieHamming

• Watcher
  • Call me Sadie :)
Re: Three Million Empty Words - Ep 25: Annabelle's Wisdom - Funny Pictures
« Reply #154 on: August 06, 2012, 11:05:59 AM »
The pictures are really funny. Sims just make you laugh sometimes, and things that  happen in their towns can just be . . . weird. And your writing for the pictures makes it even funnier! [Sorry for not using the official word, i think it's something like subtitles, but i not really thinking right now ;D]

• Occult
« Reply #155 on: August 06, 2012, 01:33:40 PM »
The pictures are really funny. Sims just make you laugh sometimes, and things that  happen in their towns can just be . . . weird. And your writing for the pictures makes it even funnier! [Sorry for not using the official word, i think it's something like subtitles, but i not really thinking right now ;D]
I think it's captions? :)
Anyways, awesome screenies  ;D Love the one with the mailman!

Offline SadieHamming

• Watcher
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #156 on: August 06, 2012, 03:27:33 PM »
I think it's captions? :)
Anyways, awesome screenies  ;D Love the one with the mailman!
Yup, captions. That was the word I was thinking about. Thanks.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ErinIsNice

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #157 on: August 06, 2012, 09:47:56 PM »
Incredible storytelling! I'm sure everyone is looking forward to your next one!

• Immortal
Re: Three Million Empty Words - Announcement
« Reply #158 on: August 09, 2012, 12:50:22 PM »
Thanks so much for your support of this story! Unfortunately, I'm going to have to take two weeks off for my health, and I'll just start working on the continuation then, so it'll be a while before I have new posts. I'll let you know when they're coming, though. ;)

And here is the surprise I promised. The story will now split into three:

Three Million Empty Words: Season 2

No Roads to You

The story of Paul and Shayala

Winter's Eden

The story of Winter's adventures

There are many adventures ahead for these characters! I hope you don't mind the wait. :)

thesweetestpea

« Reply #159 on: August 09, 2012, 01:06:19 PM »
I thought writing four stories at once was bad. :o I've been lurking in the corner and reading this. I'm sorry to hear about your health, and good luck with the continuation. :)

• Immortal
« Reply #160 on: August 09, 2012, 01:09:57 PM »
Thank you. :D I think I'll be able to juggle these three stories at once, and my other two sim-based stories, once I'm better. I have a cunning plan that will make it easier. ;)

• Occult
« Reply #161 on: August 09, 2012, 01:14:52 PM »
Take all the time you need Apples :)
I can't wait for these new stories ... hmm I wonder what your cunning plan is?  ;)
Wooh my sim is in one of the stories  ;D

• Immortal
« Reply #162 on: August 09, 2012, 01:17:03 PM »
Thank you! Georgia has quite endeared herself to me. ;D

thesweetestpea

« Reply #163 on: August 09, 2012, 01:17:34 PM »
Thank you. :D I think I'll be able to juggle these three stories at once, and my other two sim-based stories, once I'm better. I have a cunning plan that will make it easier. ;)

A la Baldrick? But his cunning plans never worked. ;) Best wishes to you!

• Occult
« Reply #164 on: August 09, 2012, 01:20:21 PM »
Thank you! Georgia has quite endeared herself to me. ;D
Aw your welcome. Thank you  :D
Look after yourself, as I said before, take all the time you need. :)

ETA: Started reading some of your blog, and I have to say it's pretty brilliant :) I read your post on your experience of bullying in school, and I admire your honesty :)   (Sorry to mods if this is too off-topic  :-[ )

• Immortal
« Reply #165 on: August 09, 2012, 01:26:06 PM »
A la Baldrick? But his cunning plans never worked. ;) Best wishes to you!

Yes, I am in fact a cunning fox currently working for the UN at the High Commission of International Cunning Planning. ;) Thank you.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Watcher
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #166 on: August 13, 2012, 09:45:29 AM »
Season 2? ;D I'm happy that Carl has renewed it for the second season! :P
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

• Immortal
« Reply #167 on: September 03, 2012, 10:29:40 AM »
Hi all! I've missed you. :D I'm finally back. I apologize for the wait, but hopefully I'll make up for it. I will begin posting the stories I'd announced back in August with the following schedule:

Winter's Eden: Mondays

Three Million Empty Words: Wednesdays

No Roads to You: Fridays

I'll post the first episode of Winter's Eden later today. Thank you for the patience, and I hope you enjoy it! ;D

EDIT: I just saw your comment, Ilessthan3TheSims. Thank you! ;D

• Immortal
Re: Three Million Empty Words - 02x01: The Wallet
« Reply #169 on: September 05, 2012, 03:36:46 PM »
Episode 1: The Wallet

Every morning just before dawn, Liam woke to the jangle of his alarm clock. He dragged himself, bleary-eyed, out of bed, and went to shock his body with a cold shower. Then he dressed in his jogging clothes and went to his meeting point with Rowan.

She waited for him at the usual place, in front of a cafe about halfway between her apartment and his, and they set off together, jogging along the sidewalk. For the first half hour or so, neither of them spoke. The whole world felt sleepy at that time of day.

Rowan and Liam had run together every morning that past summer. Liam's usual exercise partner, his father, had gone on vacation with his mother and younger sister Annabelle to Europe, and wouldn't be coming back for a few weeks yet. They'd decided to do a comprehensive tour, and Liam had supported this notion.

"How's the campaign to get your father to retire?" asked Rowan as if she could read his mind.

"Not too well. He thinks he still has things to teach me."

"He does."

Liam huffed. "Yeah, maybe so, but he also needs to let me learn some things on my own. He deserves a rest. Wasn't that the whole idea behind setting me up as his successor?"

"Maybe you're not ready, Liam. Maybe he's right. Haven't you thought about that?"

Liam didn't answer. Of course Rowan would take his father's side. It wasn't just that he wanted his father off his back or anything―although that would certainly be a relief. Maybe he wasn't ready. But these past few weeks out from under his father's shadow had made him realize how much he wanted to try himself.

It was freeing, working without his father. Rowan had taken him with her on patrols sometimes, and he'd done a bit of detective work himself. He'd met people, involved himself in all sorts of circles, made contacts... he'd felt like a real superhero. He'd been having fun taking down bad guys and setting things in motion on his own.

Rowan came to a stop at the corner of the bank where Liam had visited his first crime scene. He wiped the sweat from his forehead.

"You know," said Rowan, puffing as she bent over to stretch out her hamstrings, "We have a new case you might be interested in. A series of muggings over by the waterfront. Judging by the evidence, someone with supernatural abilities might be involved." She straightened and faced him.

"What do you mean?"

"They didn't use any weapons or subdue the victims physically as far as we can tell, but they're all in the hospital and can't remember much."

"What did the muggers take?"

"Just their wallets and any other valuables that might be on them. Speaking of, how have your finances been lately?"

"That was smooth," said Liam dryly. "You think it was me?"

"You have a history."

"I took money that was already stolen once. And I gave it back. How is that a history?"

"It's a history."

"My finances are fine. I told you about my new job just a few days ago. Remember? You made fun of me."

Rowan smiled. "Just checking. Bag boy."

"You're unbelievable," grumbled Liam. "A guy tries to support himself... they aren't exactly handing out jobs to people with no qualifications other than a partly-finished PhD in geophysics."

"I'm sure that helps you with the putting groceries into bags and everything."

Liam shook his head, exasperated, and trotted off, back toward the gym where they would do the second part of their workout. Rowan followed him and soon overtook him. She'd been doing this for years, and she never took it easier to give him a chance to catch up. It figured. He was getting better, though. His father had even refrained from criticizing his physical shape in the days before he left on vacation.

They greeted the other regulars at the gym as they entered. Liam drank a quarter liter of water at once, toweled his face and neck to remove some of the excess sweat, and headed over to the exercise machines. He'd never liked exercising that much when his father forced him, but having someone like Rowan, who constantly made it into a competition, motivated him much more, and he actually enjoyed it now that he didn't feel like he was going to die after every workout.

He'd appeal to his mother when they came back, he decided as he began to lift the weights. She wanted his father to retire, too. Maybe if he had her on his side it would sway his father. As for Rowan, he'd just have to convince her through his performance. It took a lot to impress her. He'd have to think of something.

Something in his pocket jabbed against his leg every time he lifted the weights. He didn't want to stop, because he was in the middle of a series. He wondered what it was. He didn't remember putting anything in his pocket. He usually left his cell phone at home, since he didn't like getting distracted during his workouts.

The object in his pocket shifted as he changed positions and slipped out onto the carpet. He stopped and looked over at it. It was a shiny golden lady's wallet he'd never seen before. How had it gotten into his pocket?

Rowan hopped off the treadmill and went to take a drink of water, but paused as she was passing by him, her eyes falling on the wallet. He could only stare at her blankly. He should do something. Laugh. Act confused. Act like a superhero would in this situation. But he wasn't sure what a superhero was supposed to do.

"What's that?" asked Rowan.

"I don't know. It just fell out of my pocket."

She picked it up, opened it, and pulled out a driver's license. "You could have gotten rid of this," she said, flipping it around so that he could see it. He didn't recognize the name. The picture was of a pleasant-looking woman in her mid-forties. "And the wallet. That's kind of conspicuous."

"What?" asked Liam. His mind was full of cotton.

"This is the woman who was mugged on the waterfront yesterday."

"Oh."

Rowan sighed. "Liam, is there anything you want to tell me?"

"That wallet... I've never seen it before. I've never seen that woman before, either. And I didn't do it. You know I didn't. I wouldn't do something like that."

"Last spring you kidnapped your girlfriend and threatened to throw her off the top of a building. And then there's that time when you took the stolen money."

"I was trying to catch a criminal! And I wouldn't have let her fall. Look, Rowan, I've made a lot of mistakes, but I'm trying to do better now. I'm learning... Someone's framing me! Obviously, you have to know that's what happened."

"Sorry. I want to believe you, but I think we'd better go down to the station for a few questions."

Liam looked around. Everyone in the gym was either pretending not to hear or just standing there, staring at them, without even trying to be discreet. They must have caught something of what they'd said.

It's okay, Liam told his racing heart. You didn't do it. You're innocent. She's going to find out and then this will all be forgotten. You've got nothing to be afraid of.

"Come on," said Rowan. "Don't make me clap you in irons."

His father was never going to leave him alone now.

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed the first episode of the new season.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Three Million Empty Words - 02x01: The Wallet
« Reply #170 on: September 05, 2012, 04:37:38 PM »
I totally enjoyed it! You're an awesome writer!

Offline Enchanted81

• Occult
« Reply #171 on: September 05, 2012, 04:42:46 PM »
Wonderful new start for the new season Apples!
Feel free to add me on Origin & the Sims 3 site: Enchanted81

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #172 on: September 05, 2012, 05:07:32 PM »
Oh wow. What a way to start the new season! I do hope they find some way to exonerate Liam...that wallet thing seems too suspicious. Vengeance perhaps?

• Immortal
« Reply #173 on: September 07, 2012, 08:46:14 AM »
I totally enjoyed it! You're an awesome writer!

Thank you so much. ;D I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Wonderful new start for the new season Apples!

Thanks!

Oh wow. What a way to start the new season! I do hope they find some way to exonerate Liam...that wallet thing seems too suspicious. Vengeance perhaps?

Hmm... you'll have to wait and see. ;)

Like I said, I'll be posting a new episode of this story every Wednesday. Most of my simming time has been dedicated to my Immortal Dynasty lately, but so far my game has been cooperating and I've been able to do the screenshots for these stories with no trouble. :)

• Immortal
Re: Three Million Empty Words - 02x02: Questions
« Reply #174 on: September 13, 2012, 10:54:11 AM »
Episode 2: Questions

"Where were you yesterday evening at five thirty pm?" asked Rowan.

"You know, I've always wanted someone to ask me that."

Rowan scowled. "Answer the question, Liam. Where were you?"

Liam sighed and tried to think back. "Well, I was with you from about twelve fifteen to four."

"Five thirty, Gallagher. Five thirty."

She hadn't called him by his last name since they’d first met. Liam had to struggle to keep back his anger at her. They'd worked together for months now. She was acting like he was a total stranger. "I don't know. I... my shift at the supermarket, I guess."

"Is there anyone who'll verify that?"

"Loads of people. It's a supermarket."

"Do you know this woman?" asked John, Rowan's partner, sliding a photo of a middle-aged woman across the table toward him.

"Yes. I've told you. I saw her in that driver's license that was in that wallet that appeared in my pocket." Liam shifted in the hard metal seat. He'd gotten to know the interrogation room pretty well in the past few months, but it looked different from this side of the table. He noticed how uninviting the grey walls seemed, how harsh the lighting, how uncomfortable the chairs, and how artificial and metallic the smell.

"You never saw her before that?" said John.

"No."

"When did you first notice that this wallet was in your pocket?"

Liam rubbed his eyes, which had started to water. "I don't know. It wasn't there when I left my house in the morning. I didn't notice it until the gym, so someone must have put it there while I was out jogging."

"Did you see anyone? Did anyone pass close by you when you were jogging?"

"I... didn't notice anyone, no. Did you?" he asked Rowan. She ignored him.

"Anyone when you entered the gym?" asked John.

"Well, there were plenty of people there. Anyone could have done it."

"But you didn't notice anyone bump into you, or brushing closely past you?"

Liam racked his brains, but he couldn't remember. He knew most of the regulars, and they made up the majority of the people who used the gym that early in the morning. It could easily have been one of the unknown gym-goers, but just as easily those people who greeted him every day. "No. Would it help if I told you the names of everyone I know that was there?"

"Yes." John handed him a piece of paper and a pen.

"I'm going to verify his alibi," said Rowan, getting to her feet.

"Make sure you double-check everyone you interrogate. You wouldn't want to give too much credence to the fifteen customers and eight cashiers that must have seen me there."

"Do you want me to arrest you?"

"No. I'm just making my list, helping out the police like I always do." He tapped the paper. Rowan shook her head and left the room. "Do you really think I did it?" he asked John.

"To be honest, I'd be surprised. Rowan doesn't think you did it, either. She just needs to make sure she doesn't show favoritism, Liam, remember that. What you do is technically illegal, and she's involved in it." John gave him a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, though. She'll verify your alibi and you'll be cleared of all charges."

"Thanks, John." Liam didn't know much about the man other than that he'd helped them catch Foxtrot the first time and he put up with Rowan and his father and him for the most part without involving himself in their vigilantism.

John nodded and left the room. Liam finished up his list with the feeling he was missing someone and went over everyone again.

A little while later, Rowan came back into the room and took a seat across from him. She didn't seem as angry as before, but she didn't seem particularly happy, either.

"Well, your alibi checked out."

Liam exhaled in relief. "So I'm free to go now?"

"Let's see that list." She inspected it for a moment. He saw her eyes run along each name several times. "Good. You can go home now. Don't leave town, though. I might need to question you again."

"One of those Sands brothers, what's his name? Jeremy? He talked to me several times before; he seemed interested in..."

"Yeah, thank you. That'll be all."

Exasperated, Liam left the police station and walked home. He'd missed lunch, and had only a protein bar for breakfast―he usually saved most of the meal for after his exercise. His stomach whined piteously as he walked in the door. They hadn't even let him shower, and he stank on top of everything. All in all, not a good day.

He picked up his cell phone from his bedside table on the way to the kitchen and checked to see if he had any missed calls. Perfect. His father had called him twice. He probably knew everything by now. Liam called him back.

"I hear you were arrested," said his father, foregoing "hello." Then again, that counted as a greeting for Paul.

"I wasn't arrested. They just took me down to the station to question me. Someone's setting me up to take the blame for these muggings..."

"I heard. Are you going to catch them?"

"Yes," he said, with as much conviction as he could muster. "Before you come back. That's a promise."

"This is going to be an interesting experiment." His father's voice sounded somewhat amused, which it had no right to sound. At least he believed him. "In any case, that wasn't the main reason I was calling. A friend of yours called me today and told me something very interesting."

"Who?"

"Winter. Remember her? Her hair used to change colors, and one time you almost dropped her off the edge of a building?"

"People keep bringing that up. I wasn't going to..."

"Yes, well, anyway. The thing is, we might have a new superhero in town. A teenage boy who floated his family this morning. They didn't get any film on it, but they've been playing interviews with the firemen who went to their house and with the father, who was very angry. Can't blame him. The top of his head was brushing his living room ceiling for over an hour. Anyway, I want you to go over to this kid's house and assess the situation, see if you can do something about it."

"Me?"

"I'm on the other side of the world, Liam. This one's on you. Don't let him do anything that might result in deaths or property damage. Teenage kids with superpowers tend to be dangerous that way. Well, good luck!"

"Wait! What am I supposed to...?" But his father had already hung up. This is what I get for wishing he'd trust me to take over from him, thought Liam, irritated. Now, on top of proving himself innocent, he had to keep a bomb full of teenage hormones from exploding. What was more, he didn't think he could count on Rowan to help him.

This certainly was going to be an interesting experiment.

:( My Internet connection has failed me again, so I wasn't able to post this chapter yesterday. Sorry for the delay. I hope you enjoyed this episode!

Also, thanks for 5000+ views! Wow! ;D

anything