Author Topic: Daycare Profession: Problem Child Problems  (Read 11445 times)

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
Daycare Profession: Problem Child Problems
« on: April 02, 2012, 08:08:14 AM »
My sim is at level five in the Daycare profession, and has a problem child to look after. I am convinced that this child in the spawn of Satan.

Every single day he comes to my house, he starts off by casually breaking two or three items, and setting a whole bunch of traps. The only way I can stop him from doing this is to have my sim wait by the door for him and immediately interacting with him constantly. He refuses to do his homework on his own, so my sim has to help him for nearly two hours. If my sim only spends time with him, ignoring the other children and toddlers, they end up with low needs and horrific moods. If my sim spends her time looking after the others, he destroys the house and does not complete his homework. It's a no win situation. I have tried the 'admonish child' and 'talk about problems' interactions with him, but they make no difference at all.

The other issue I have is that all the items this child breaks have the Unbreakable upgrade, so he shouldn't be able to break them anyway. The only thing he leaves alone is the expensive stove, which comes with the Unbreakable upgrade already. Additionally my sim has supermaxed Handiness, meaning that if he breaks something and she fixes it, in theory he should not be able to break it again, which does not work. He has broken the kitchen sink every day for a week.

Has anybody got any tips on dealing with this child, or making my appliances truly unbreakable?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Daycare Profession: Problem Child Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 09:45:11 PM »
I think you're dealing with him great.  That's just part of what that job is at that high level.  I'm surprised that the unbreakable items still break.  I didn't know they would do that.  I've played level 5 of Daycare and I don't remember that happening, but it's been awhile.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 05:07:19 AM »
Thanks Pam, the main thing that frustrates me is that he shouldn't be able to break the items in the first place. I feel like there was no point at all to my sim supermaxing handiness.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 05:25:24 AM »
Thanks Pam, the main thing that frustrates me is that he shouldn't be able to break the items in the first place. I feel like there was no point at all to my sim supermaxing handiness.

I agree.  I remember that was my strategy when I played the Daycare profession and I don't recall it not working.  Unfortunately, I no longer have that save file and can't check on it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline GenTheHen

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 08:11:39 PM »

The other issue I have is that all the items this child breaks have the Unbreakable upgrade, so he shouldn't be able to break them anyway. The only thing he leaves alone is the expensive stove, which comes with the Unbreakable upgrade already. Additionally my sim has supermaxed Handiness, meaning that if he breaks something and she fixes it, in theory he should not be able to break it again, which does not work. He has broken the kitchen sink every day for a week.

Has anybody got any tips on dealing with this child, or making my appliances truly unbreakable?

Same thing happens to me!!! so annoying...no way I have found to fix this

anything