Author Topic: Need Suggestions  (Read 2599 times)

Offline chrisb123

• Nooboo
Need Suggestions
« on: April 05, 2012, 07:54:51 PM »
So, I'm thinking about buying Showtime, but my cousin just turned 14 and she wants the Sims 3. Should I get the Showtime plus so I could give her the original game and I keep the Showtime, or should I just buy the Regular, Limited Edition, or Katy Perry version?

Offline paws_bells

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Need Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 12:14:23 AM »
I'm not sure if I understand your meaning correctly, but just to clarify, Showtime is an expansion pack of the Sims 3, which means that if you want to play that, you will need to install the Sims 3 base game first before you can play it.

They are not separate games, so in other words, if you don't have the Sims 3 in the first place, you will need to get it in order to play all the other expansion packs.

Edit: Oops, read your older posts and got the impression that I have made a mistaken assumption after all. My apologies.  :)

Regarding your original question, it depends on whether if you want the extra contents that comes with the limited editions, at an extra cost compared to the regular version. As for myself, I bought the Katy Perry version because it was the only version left in the store and I was too antsy and could not wait to get my hands on the newest expansion pack, haha. In my opinion, the bonus contents are nothing to write home about, unless you like to play with all those cutesy fruity themed objects often - but then again, you can also download items like those for free on various Sims 3 sites created by other players.

Anyway, here is a Showtime review for the Katy Perry version for your information: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjD6MIbmGc8&feature=plcp&context=C4ecb352VDvjVQa1PpcFNFMfFljW3yMhBNvxEYtKpk9X7XA3tD4to%3D

Hope it helps. =)
~ Sometimes, I like to dig a hole in my backyard, get inside it, and pretend I'm a carrot.

...Yeah, that's me.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 03:20:15 AM »
I have all expansions, and I love that I can use the latest expansion cd (with everything else installed too), while my friend can play with an earlier cd on another computer - only one original cd needed! Not sure if that's what you were talking about, but you and your friend can both install the same base game cd, as long as one of you then also installs an expansion, and uses that cd instead.

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 05:14:12 AM »
I have all expansions, and I love that I can use the latest expansion cd (with everything else installed too), while my friend can play with an earlier cd on another computer - only one original cd needed! Not sure if that's what you were talking about, but you and your friend can both install the same base game cd, as long as one of you then also installs an expansion, and uses that cd instead.

Don't you need 2 serial codes?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 05:19:48 AM »
You can install the games on multiple computers, you can only have one registration per game though.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 06:05:27 AM »
Yes samoht is right. It works out well for us, because I just let her use my registration - for some reason EA lets us download everything on to 2 different computers - so she can just use all the stuff I've bought. :)

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 08:30:32 AM »
Oh phew, I thought if I got a new pc I would need to buy it all over again!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline chrisb123

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 08:33:44 AM »

They are not separate games, so in other words, if you don't have the Sims 3 in the first place, you will need to get it in order to play all the other expansion packs.

Well, I all ready have all expansion packs and all stuff packs. Let me clarify, I already have the original CD, expansions, etc.  My cousin wants to have the Sims 3 for her birthday, I was going to get the Plus edition and keep Showtime and give her the original CD. If she already got the original CD then I would either get the regular edition, limited, or the Katy Perry edition.

I hope this clarifies.
Chrisb123

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 04:26:30 PM »
You can share your CD's; but only 1 person can register on EA. Had that problem with my daughter who let other's use my CD's. One reason, my name here and on EA is different. She got itred of the game and I continued. For Showtime, id either you or your cousin are interested, you will need to register the game to simport (as far as I know).

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 04:32:18 PM »
I believe the EP Plus games come with two codes to register: one for the base game, one for the EP.  That way, each of you could use one code.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 06:10:06 PM »
For Showtime, if either you or your cousin are interested, you will need to register the game to simport (as far as I know).

Actually, you don't need to register a game to have an account on the official site. One of the twinkids wanted to try to get all the Simport stamps herself, so she created an account without actually registering a game and now when she plays, at the beginning she logs me out and logs herself in.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

anything