Author Topic: Lady Ravendancer Goth’s Book o’ Spells troubles  (Read 14405 times)

doblea2

Lady Ravendancer Goth’s Book o’ Spells troubles
« on: January 06, 2012, 08:40:04 PM »
Hi, I bought from Store the book of spells and I can't use it (my game is legal and the book is from the store). When I get close to read it, it shows me 5 spells. But when I try to read one, the Sim cancels the current action and jumps some other place. Does anybody have the same trouble and now is working?

Sportsfan

Re: Lady Ravendancer Goth’s Book o’ Spells troubles
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 10:02:09 PM »
Hmm… first do you have any mods?
If not then maybe reset your sim?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 10:20:40 PM »
Also, try deleting the spell book and placing a new one.  It sounds like there's a glitch somewhere.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

doblea2

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 06:29:53 AM »
Hmm… first do you have any mods?
If not then maybe reset your sim?
Mods? You mean as custom content?

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 02:59:35 PM »
mods?????? u mean as custom content????

Mods as in dangerous modifications to the game. Here is a thread explaining what they are. If you don't know what they are you likely haven't got any, so don't worry. :)

Offline Enchanted81

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 03:14:00 AM »
Is anyone else having a problem with their spell book showing up as a little ball? It shows that way in the preview window before buying, as well as when it's placed. I still have the options of clicking on it to use it but haven't actually tried using it.

Feel free to add me on Origin & the Sims 3 site: Enchanted81

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 07:06:01 AM »
My spellbook works fine after I redownloaded it. When I placed it in my game with the Gothic Library set, I couldn't get it to work. Then I redownloaded just the spellbook and everything works fine.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Enchanted81

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 07:35:23 AM »
My spellbook works fine after I redownloaded it. When I placed it in my game with the Gothic Library set, I couldn't get it to work. Then I redownloaded just the spellbook and everything works fine.

I tried that as well but it's still showing up as the ball. I even reinstalled it as the set and tested it, then separately and tested it. Then cleared my caches and tried it all over again and still, it's a ball lol.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 08:55:00 AM »
Did you clear your thumbnail caches too?  Doing this will make everything in CAS and buy mode have to regenerate a picture.  Also maybe consider a factory reset that MoonsAreBlue posted in the Help section.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Enchanted81

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 06:23:42 PM »
Which file would that one be? CASThumbnails.package, DownloadsThumbnails.package and ObjectThumbnails.package are what's in the Thumbnails folder.

*Edit*

I googled it and found it. I also removed my world caches so every cache that could be removed has been. Loaded the game up and it had a bit of hang time on loading the book in the item preview but as my luck goes, it's still a ball.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 09:48:17 PM »
As far as I have seen on my travels, the spell book can be glitched.  Enchanted, I don't think it is your game.  It is the book itself.  If you research on the official forum you will see many posts on the subject.  I have read that it can clash with the Fountain of Youth (Hidden Springs) and maybe also with the newish magic set. 

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 01:48:35 AM »
Figwit is right about the Fountain of youth. When I bought a new computer, I didn't put in Hidden Springs and then had no more glitches.

Offline Enchanted81

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 08:25:50 PM »
Oh I know all about those issues, I had them at one point but got them fixed. I've just never heard or seen anyone else have the ball issue.

iolitefire

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 07:32:43 PM »
Is anyone else having a problem with their spell book showing up as a little ball? It shows that way in the preview window before buying, as well as when it's placed. I still have the options of clicking on it to use it but haven't actually tried using it.

I'm actually having this problem too and I've tried all the suggestions posted here. Where you ever able to resolve it?

Offline Enchanted81

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 08:26:29 PM »

I'm actually having this problem too and I've tried all the suggestions posted here. Where you ever able to resolve it?

Just recently actually. I ended up doing a clean full uninstall/reinstall of all games and the store content as well. The only different thing I did from what I normally would do was install the store content from the in-game download dashboard, rather than the official Sims 3 site.

anything