Author Topic: Mielle  (Read 9615 times)

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
Mielle
« on: August 10, 2013, 01:36:57 AM »
This was one of the first sims stories I wrote and the site where I published it has long since gone. 

The story is based on real happenings in my game.  I did have a sim called Poppy who dallied while on holiday (World Adventures was new then) and the twins are her children.  Strangeville is a world made by a talented creator, Rosewin, and it was fun to try it out when it was brand new.

I apologise in advance for the pictures.  They were saved into Word and then converted again so the quality is not great.  Nevertheless, I was always rather fond of these sims and their story so I hope you enjoy it too.

I am Mielle. My twin brother Luc and I are the by-products of a holiday romance that went horribly wrong for our mother, Poppy.

All Poppy has ever said of our father is that he is French with beautiful blue eyes and a divine singing voice. If you are going to choose genes for your future children then I guess some qualities are better than none.

Of course Poppy didn’t intend to get pregnant. It was just one of those things. 

It ruined Poppy's life - well a part of it at least because she is still young. Her family was wealthy but strict and unkind. They insisted she abort her babies. Thankfully for Luc and me, she took the difficult path instead. She ran from her home in the dead of night with the clothes on her back and very little else.

Life has been a struggle ever since. I don't know how she managed when Luc and I were very small but ever since I remember we have flitted from place to place, never staying long and often leaving quietly, as soon as it was dark, the day before the rent was due.

This was all about to change however. Poppy had just read that there was a grant of money for new residents to buy a simple house in a place we had never heard of - Strangeville. Luc wondered if there could possibly be something wrong with a place that had to pay for people to move there. Poppy just smiled sweetly. There would be no negotiation on this.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
Re: Mielle
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 04:25:40 PM »
Intriguing. I'll be watching.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 09:06:38 PM »
This is an interesting beginning.  I will be reading.  Bookmarked.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 09:30:41 PM »
Thank you.  I hope you enjoy the ride.  ;D

Poppy read aloud from the newspaper article that was about to change our lives. 'Strangeville - where your dreams can come true.'

Dreams huh.

Luc had ambitions of becoming a doctor or a scientist

but my dreams were much more humble. I just wanted a fine kitchen with shiny pots and pans.

It had started for me when I saw the toy cooker stove which belonged to a little girl in a house we once shared. I think she was a cousin or something. I barely remember her but I remember that stove. When we moved away, as we always did, I begged Poppy to buy me a stove just like that. She just looked sad and shook her head. Poppy said the love of creating fine cuisine must have been a gift from one of my French ancestors. Luc got the blue eyes and the fine singing voice while I got the urge to plunge my arms to the elbows in flour. However, one thing I did inherit that is fortunate for someone who taste tests as she cooks, was my mother's metabolism. I have the enviable ability to eat what I like without putting on weight. 

So we arrived in Strangeville. The house was plain, as described in the newspaper story, but we all thought it was beautiful. Our own home at last.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 09:51:49 PM »
ooh! I'm certainly very excited about this story!

Louise56

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 12:24:26 PM »
I'm very glad to see another story! Can't wait for more.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 11:35:41 PM »
Thank you  :D

Poppy – we always called our mother by her name at her insistence – applied for work as a musician. Luc and I raised our eyebrows at that. We had never known our mother to be interested in music before and I know from whom I inherited my bullfrog singing voice. 

I contemplated the joys of starting yet another new school.

‘You could apply for schooling at the diner you know.’ Luc sighed as he saw the puzzled look on my face. 

‘Don't you read anything, Mielle?'

He picked up the now dog-eared newspaper and pointed out a paragraph down the bottom of the page.

'This town follows the Twallanized system of vocational education. You can choose a school to suit your talents or future prospects. Skill as you learn.’ 

He smiled smugly. ‘I have already been accepted by the Science Academy for my education.’

Of course.

And so we settled into life in Strangeville.

I loved the culinary school. 

For the first time ever I actually enjoyed going to school. 

Homework was still an issue for me though. It never seemed fair that I struggled and it was all so easy for Luc. 

There was never enough money. Nothing had changed in that regard. Poppy was only drawing a basic wage because, let’s face it, her musical abilities were sadly lacking.

Luc and I both took jobs after school to try to boost the budget. 

Luc made me laugh when he chose a job at the Spa and Beauty Emporium but, as he explained, if he was going to be a scientist the big money was in developing cosmetics. I got a job at the diner. They could hardly refuse me seeing I was there for classes anyway.

At first it was waiting on tables but I soon graduated to short-order cook. I was so thrilled. I may not be creating the gourmet concoctions of my dreams but it was a step in the right direction. I had grand plans anyway of spicing up those hamburgers; a pinch here, a sprinkle there. I would soon convince this town that there were more sauces than ketchup.

Life was good.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 02:00:04 AM »
Great story. I will be definitely reading this story. So, it is BOOKMARKED.:)Waiting for next update.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 06:55:16 PM »
Really intriguing story. I'm definitely going to bookmark.  :)

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 10:47:07 PM »
Thank you and welcome aboard.  ;D

The months flew by. Luc and I were both doing extremely well at school. It was expected that Luc would be an honour student but it was a first time for me. I smiled for days. 

Poppy gained a promotion at work and used the bonus money to surprise us with a new stove. Any spare money had usually, and rightfully, gone towards Luc in the past. He was the achieving child after all. I felt tears of joy and pride coursing down my cheeks. My mother had managed a promotion and I no longer had to cook on that horrible cheap stove. I celebrated by cooking Poppy and Luc some Goopy Cabonara.

Luc had started to notice girls. He was often chatting on the phone and I know he skipped classes sometimes. 

Not that it ever affected his grades.  Luc always breezed through everything with an ease that I could only dream of.

I, on the other hand, had no boyfriend. I think I was far too quiet for most of the boys. That, as well as being plain, lacking curves and my hair often smelled of onions. My school friends talked of kissing and going steady. They received cuddles and flowers on their birthdays while I pored over my recipe books.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 11:07:50 PM »
You don't need boys! So long as you are happy with your books!

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 11:21:24 PM »
Great update. It is good to see that she can finally cook on a nice stove. And good luck to Luc on his romance. Looking forward for next update.:)
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 03:55:53 AM »
Thank you both.

And so the years passed.

Eventually Luc and I graduated from school and left our teenage years behind.

I still worked at the diner but now it was a full-time job. I had applied for a position at the only other restaurant in town, a much more up-market place that boasted crisp white table cloths and serviettes made of linen rather than paper napkins, but I had not heard. I had my fingers and toes securely crossed. I had gone as far as I could with my cooking at my present place. My girlhood dreams of educating the diners into finer cuisine had gone nowhere. For one, there was no time. The food had to be cooked quickly and no fuss because there were always more orders to fill. Secondly, the diners didn’t care what they ate. You could feed them soap and as long as it was drowned in ketchup, they would eat it and declare it good.

It was late one night and we were almost ready to close. I was lending a hand, resetting the tables, when the man of my dreams walked in.

I blinked once; I blinked twice and he was still there on the third blink.  What's more he was apologizing for coming in so late.  Diner customers did not apologize; they complained about the weather or the prices or the lack of ketchup.

He said he had just arrived in town and was desperate for a cup of coffee. His mouth crinkled cutely at the corners as he smiled and he shrugged his shoulders helplessly. My heart fluttered like a tiny bird.

The barista was less impressed and scowled because he wanted to go home. 

'You go then.' I murmured and I moved behind the coffee machine and busied myself obliging this customer.   

I have always been shy and it is painful for me to make conversation but the stranger was so easy to talk to. I soon found out that he was a developer and had decided to move to this town to set up on his own.  His name was Scott Baymont (what a dreamy name) and he wasn’t married (no, I didn’t ask directly). He finished his cup. He asked if I would be there again tomorrow. I explained that I usually worked in the kitchen.

“So pretty and you can cook as well.” (oh my)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 04:47:16 PM »
Ah Mielle, that first strike of cupid's arrow is the toughest.  True love or less... whatever... go for it kiddo! ;)   Lovely update Figwit.  I'm really enjoying this.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Louise56

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 08:55:49 AM »
I hope things work out for her. Lovely updates! :)