Author Topic: The Aurora Legacy - chapter 25. Moving in, moving out, moving on...  (Read 41137 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Legacy
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 01:50:32 AM »
Ooh, jumping in early!  You're brave.  One thing I can't wait for an EP that'll add the ability to take and keep family pictures.  It will add so much to a generational story to have images of the previous generations up.

I might start one soon myself.  I'm tempted to do as you did and pull in a Classic for it, but all of mine were happily paired off so it'd feel wrong.

I love the snuggling interaction.  It's so sweet.  Also, yes, that gymbunny was ... too attractive for our own good.

Yes you had yours paired of well in the end. Start it now, wanna read more stories!

This such an adorable story! Lucas is a cutie pie, can't wait for the new nooboo!!

Yay for a good start, my founder was really not lucky at first :)
And Lucas is a cutie, sadly he is not going to be the heir :(

Poor unlucky sims, at least yours didn't die. I know a lot of founders faced that fate. I am kicking myself now that poor Lucas can't be heir, should have chosen equal rights (or just the might of the watcher) anyways, I'm sure his sister will be cute too.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 04:04:33 AM »
Really loving this so far. Don't have TS4 yet so it's nice to live vicariously through the stories here!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 03:11:29 PM »
6. A night for seconds

"When in doubt, blame the vegetables!"
-Beata Aurora (cited from the 8th Immortal)

You are looking at him, the one responsible for ruining our chances of an official legacy. It's always his fault you know, his fault that my poor Lucas still has a C in school. I've done the math and no dice on getting his aspiration done. I haven't told him yet, he still has dreams the poor dear...

So, I'm pregnant again....yay (or not). I'm enormous, maybe it's twins this time.

Lucky me I get to puke, and clean up after myself. We need a maid, Lord do we need a maid. And still I get this rush of happiness when I scrub this loo. Only the Watcher knows why.

Dear Lucas, he is working towards his aspiration blissfully unaware that he's doomed to fail. All the books his father writes goes straight into his hands. Maybe he'll be another writer? I hope not!

He is very intrigued with my stomach. He talks to "her" (that's what he calls the baby) all the time, and makes plans of what they'll do together once "she" is born.

Labor time - here it goes!

Um, the Watcher decided now was a good time to ad a second bathroom to the house, Brycen must never know this photo is in here, he'd die of shame.

Yeah, yeah, lady giving birth over here. Stop waving the house layout shots at my audience.

Nooboo! Welcome Melker my sweet boy.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/cb48/usxvajshyvb1auhfg.jpg

Exhausted after a very prolonged labor (we had builders here you know) I shuffle to the bedroom, when Brycen yells "Oh, honey! I have finished another book"...

So...yay... :-\ I'm pregnant again... (Please Watcher give me a full nights sleep for once!) I'm sure I'm going to need it.

Lucas: That's not my sister! Watcher what have you done!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 03:17:59 PM »
Really loving this so far. Don't have TS4 yet so it's nice to live vicariously through the stories here!

Yay, hope you get to play it soon. It's very different from ts3, just like ts3 was different from ts2 in my mind. There are a lot of nice let's plays to watch now as well :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 04:08:29 PM »
7. The one to rule them all

"It's all about me."
-Julia Aurora (cited from The 6th Immortal)

Emelie: Lucas come out from under the covers!

Lucas: Not gonna!

Emelie: I promise I won't stop until you get a sister. I'll get a youth potion,  I'll even have your father drink one youth potion so he'll stay young for longer.

Lucas: Promise?

Emelie: Yes, there will be a girl child one way or another...

Yes, the joy of childbearing, looking forward to their teen years I am not. Unfortunately Brycen didn't get the memo about a youth potion (or maybe the watcher misread his age status), so he's an elder now. Poor Brycen, we now need to limit the amounts of "sternous" activity we do, or else it might prove fatal - a pop up told me that!

Lucas: Shhh, don't ever call dad old to his face - he'll hip-bump you into the wall!

The boys seem to get a long better now, and tomorrow is Melker's birthday. So excited to see who he'll resemble.

Here is the little Self Assured bugger - he's got a right smug smirk going on. You can practically see he's a Rambunctious Scamp.

Lucas: So, is that my sister?

Emelie: I pray to the watcher it is.

Is this pregnancy weight or the cake I have been eating to alleviate my stress?

Finally she arrived. Her name is Britta and she will be our last child, I just can't take this any more... Besides, I need to help the kids through school and complete my aspiration. If we want more we can always adopt.

Melker: So, I'm getting Monkey Bars for Britta's birthday, what are you getting?

Lucas: Do we get presents on her birthday?

Melker: Of course, what else are sisters good for?

The boys are getting on like pants on fire. I'm helping with homework and stuff all the time so hopefully Melker will do a little better in school than Lucas. I need one of my kids to have an A in High School and to max a skill. I hope they are up for it.

I have decided it will be all about Brycen for a while, since he's gotten into his twilight years. All we need now is to figure out how to get mad enough at each other to have a fight, without our relationship taking too much of a hit. And, keeping our fight secret from the kids, which is harder to do when you have two (soon to be three) running around.

Brycen continues to be a very caring father and he finds time to chat with them almost every day after school since he gets home earlier than me.

Lucas has a friend named Mike Blanton, they met in the park that day we had a lovely date at the bathrooms. He comes over all the time and entertains Lucas. Maybe having a friend will lessen the blow of growing up a failure...

Lucas is turning into a teen any day now, so we head to the park to celebrate the weekend. I feel like we are bad sims for never going anywhere except Magnolia Blossom park. Maybe we should try going to the park in Oasis Springs one of these days... anyways, the park is convenient because it has all the cool kids stuff we can't afford. Even if we are getting wealthier by the day.

This is the happy faces of parents who get to spend some relaxing time away from their kids for a while. The man at the table was slightly uncomfortable, he tried chatting but we just sat there in a happy daze....

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2014, 05:30:17 PM »
Finally a little girl, good for Emelie, she seams like if she got enough from getting pregnant.

Btw. Saltpastillen, I look at your scoring on in one of the first pages, are you using the original scoring system from Pinstar or something else?
And why do they have to start a fight? Just curious :)

/Lena

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2014, 05:39:05 PM »
Finally a little girl, good for Emelie, she seams like if she got enough from getting pregnant.

Btw. Saltpastillen, I look at your scoring on in one of the first pages, are you using the original scoring system from Pinstar or something else?
And why do they have to start a fight? Just curious :)

/Lena

I was going to do a clean completely legit legacy, but that tanked about 1 minute into the file when I spaced out and left the armor on the lawn. So, right now I'm kind of figuring out what kind of scoring I will be using. I am leaning towards setting the goal of completing all the aspirations, career paths and so on in the game. I don't plan on doing the memorialize the sims in a generation because I don't think it's much fun when you can't "see" them. I will work on the collections, because I want all the pretties like I see others have on the forum, but really no sweat if I don't find it all.

I saw someone post on the official forum that she'd give herself a point for every generations heir reaching YA, and subtracting a point each time the power/water was shut of or someone died (heir I suppose). If she broke even she beat the system, that seems like my kind of thing...

Anyways, I'm mostly about following this family for now, but I do want them to be goal oriented and such. I am also thinking about weather or not I will be moving in spouses for my spares and getting them married before moving them out. That will definitely break the rules but I have already broken them so why not. I will think about if some more, and update when I have decided.

I do love Lucas though, so I want him to have a good life :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2014, 11:50:51 AM »
I have updated my new scoring system - to be found at the end of the second post, for those who are interested.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2014, 12:36:58 PM »
8. Up all night

"When I want attention, I get it."
-Greta Aurora (cited from The 7th Immortal)

Here she is, all screaming and crying. Isn't she sweet? We named her Britta, maybe we should have named her miss screams-a-lot. The boys cooed for about 2 seconds and then headed out to the new monkey bars we put up on the lawn. "When will she do something more fun than screaming" I heard Melker ask Lucas as they ran out the door. I am wondering the same thing.

Brycen and I worry about Brittas unhappy nooboo years. She is constantly crying and screaming, we never had these kinds of trouble with the boys. I'm just glad they or we don't have to share a room with her since she'd wake them all the time. Look at that face! 24/7 it's the same. I wonder if she has colic, but the doctors assure me she's just a normal baby...

Luckily I have a new love in my life that can satisfy me and make me happy several times a day. The new trashcan recycles and gives me back money every time I leave my scrapings there. I love you trashcan! May your reign be glorious and long.

Lucas: What are you looking at?

Lucas friend Mike Blanton has been coming over a lot lately, sometimes he stays the whole night and gives the boys evil looks as they eat their breakfast. I think he might come from a troubled home, because no one ever answers when I call his parents. Despite his rude behavior I have told the boys to be nice to him. We must show that we are a good charitable sims family.

My eldest is a teen now! Despite failing his aspiration (or maybe because of that) he's now decided that academics is just not for him. He wants to become a musical genius and Brycen has already bought him a guitar. He gained the music lover trait, so now I know why I feel so close to him - we share the same interest!

When it was time for Britta to age up I will admit I was a litter nervous, just what kind of sim would I be handing this legacy off to?

Britta: *slides glasses down her nose and wiggles eyebrows* Heeeeeellooooooo world!

Yes, she hasn't stopped talking since. She want's to become a Social Butterfly and she's Self Assured like her father and Melker.

Brycen and I have finally been able to focus more on our careers when Britta has become a child, now she want's to spend as much time as possible with her brothers, so we can finally go that extra mile at work. Brycen is going to go into Journalism and I will become a Start-up Entrepreneur, we aren't sure if these are the best choices money wise, but they will give us each weekend free to spend with the progeny, and that is what counts.

*I'm loving what outfits come with the game so far, haven't had to change a single one (except maybe tweaking it a little such as giving Melker crazier colored vests in the other clothing categories) and I do love that when you go to the mirror to change appearance, you can change all of the family at the same time!

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2014, 02:38:00 PM »
Once I learn how to cook better I plan on inviting her over and force feeding her cake. No, I'm not evil, I just plan ahead.

This part cracked me up! Loving your legacy attempt! I started one the other day but I'm writing up a non legacy story at the moment so I like reading everyone else's

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2014, 04:00:16 PM »
The most recent chapters photos aren't showing up, just fyi.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2014, 04:34:57 PM »
The most recent chapters photos aren't showing up, just fyi.

Thanks, I know. Working on it...

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2014, 04:19:31 AM »
9. Awkward

"I always talk to strangers, it's the best way to get a donation"
-Julia Aurora (cited from The 6th Immortal)

Melker marches to a different drum. Despite not loving the outdoors he prefers doing his homework at the park bench across the road. I was a little hesitant to let him be away from home by himself, but he claims he'd never get in trouble just cross the road...

Suspicious mama that I am I have observed from a distance and learnt that he hangs out with anyone who passes by. Melker says it's so nice to meet "normal" people once in a while - I don't compute what he's talking about.

Britta is busy wrapping her dad around her little finger. We are worried he will be taken away from us soon because he's already 110 days old.

As luck would have had it she has convinced dear Brycen to drink a potion of youth, so hopefully he will see at least one more of our children turn a teen, and maybe even have time to go on those dates required for his aspiration.

The next day I checked out what Melker was doing I saw this.

Emelie: Melker honey, have you done your homework?

Melker: Pf, who has time for homework. I'm chillin' with my peeps.

Needless to say, I put a stop to his afternoons across the road after that. I need him to work on those motor skills, come on Melker you can complete that aspiration. I don't want to have to rely on miss talks-a-lot.

Life is good in the legacy house. Watching TV, hanging out with my kids and polishing my jokes about ducks. Britta has a new joke about banana's that always makes us laugh. Britta and Lucas are so alike as children, I think they are both more like me than dear Brycen.

Don't ask me about why I wear a ball cap with that fancy dress though, the mysteries of company clothing choices still baffle me.

A little hint to future legacy families. Don't take your kids with you to the park when you go there to pick a fight. They will come running like anyone else, and I doubt hearing "your momma lost to an old lady" will do them any favors on the school yard either...

Anyways, so Brycen and me both tried to get angry because that was a requirement for my man's aspiration... After a lot of tries we did just that, and then we almost keeled over with exhaustion (it was our second night of fights in the park, we now officially have more enemies than friends in this town, because it turns out, just being in a fight won't make you angry - declaring someone your enemy is needed...). We hurried home to do the obligatory insult and apology schpeel - and forgot the kids were right behind us...

Awkward...So now I have to go tell them we are not getting a divorce, and rip the blinders about what it takes to be a legacy family from their vulnerable little eyes. It's to early for them to grow up! I want my children to be carefree a bit longer - but I guess everything must end.

Crisis averted, now Brycen and me can focus on the more pleasant part of his aspiration. Him using 200 romantic interactions on me, his soulmate...

Lucas: Sure, you are cute. But you guys! Get a room!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2014, 09:47:02 AM »
Britta looks remarkably like her mom in that hugging photo.  Just curious, are you rolling kid traits when they're born and again at each birthday?  I haven't quite gotten the hang of the generator yet.

I also love Melker's pink flip flops.  Kid wears what he wants.