Author Topic: The Aurora Legacy - chapter 25. Moving in, moving out, moving on...  (Read 41148 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Legacy
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2014, 04:46:53 PM »
RIP Brycen, he was 145 or 146 days old (kind of lost count somewhere there) and went with a little help form me - the only way to go. Death by wohoo...

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2014, 05:23:52 PM »
18. Life with Mika

"Oh, my friends? Other than a strange kind of birth control, we only keep them around to do the things I we don't want to..."
- Cia Aurora (cited from The 3rd Immortal)

Mika was a pleasure to be around. She was always ready to give a hand, especially when it came to digging after fossils and such. (I must admit I did not reveal the possibility of hulk-like proportions before suggesting it).

Soon she had other things to worry about...

Watcher: Lay of the juice! Pregnant sims shouldn't drink, not to mention wear corsets that will squeeze the baby. I think we need to have a talk...

After Mika and the Watcher had a little chat she went over and told Brycen the good news. He was going to be a grandpa! Such joy, and Brycen has told me he won't leave this world until he's held the little one in his arms.

After a few pointed remarks from his parents Lucas took Mika out to Oasis Springs and the art museum to have some private time.

The had a gold date and really enjoyed time away from the busy house where there was always a brother, sister or parent interrupting.

To top off an already great day they decided to elope and promise each other to cherish one another forever.

The only witness was the Watcher who threw the confetti.

Britta and Melker really like the newish sofa we pulled out of the family inventory to fill up room in our latest home extension....

...the only problem is they are kind of creeping Mika and Lucas out. Come on you guys! The baby won't come as long as you're looking.

The new addition can't come soon enough for Brycen and me. I need a child or grandchild to complete a career, I'm hoping it will be done before this one is old enough to participate, but a backup plan is never wrong.

Melker has grown into his face as he became a YA, he is also pretty happy with life right now because he's decided to join the painter career and compete with Lucas about who will reach the top first!

He's also taken an active interest in getting closer to his father, since he and Brycen were the two who had the least in common while he was growing up. I think his snob trait is loosening up!

During the 3rd trimester Brycen starts the nesting behaviors and eagerly awaits the nooboo.

Mika does what all expectant mothers do and takes a final nap before the onslaught.

And Melker has started a close symbiotic relationship with his fork...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2014, 04:12:28 PM »
19. The next generation

"Nothing like a new birth to make you think of your mortality, or in our case, our immortality."
- Klara Aurora (cited from The 1st Immortal)

Nothing quite beats the anticipation of a new birth. Lucas first child, and Brycen's and my first grand child is the first step towards a next generation. If Britta should fail, this could potentially be the next heir (if it's a girl). The night of the arrival was an upbeat affair - at least for those of us who weren't in labor.

It was a girl! She is a beauty and she shares her mothers skin color. Her name is to be Yvonne.

Brycen was the second person to hold her (Lucas was at work), and Yvonne's face lit up when she saw her grandpa.

Despite his snob trait Melker is a devoted uncle. He is already talking about wanting his own children some day - once he's completed his aspiration and reached his career goals of course. May I live to see the day when a woman makes him swoon.

Since Willow Grove has such great day care services, we celebrated the birth by all going on an outing. The Watcher had finally figured out how to visit other lots than the community ones, so we wen't over to the Landgraab house in Oasis Springs.

Melker had made a passing acquaintance with a fellow by the name of Malcolm a couple days earlier, so we grabbed the flimsiest of excuses to see something other than our house for a change.

Britta worked on her aspiration goal of introducing herself to sims. She already had the 5 friends needed to for the first step of the aspiration, so meeting 10 unknown sims was on the agenda.

Once all the amazing new sights of the Landgraab mansion had lost it's trill, we went to the park instead. Mika was rudely accosted by a man who wanted to steal her food. But pregnancy had sharpened her instincts, and she was fast like a viper when it came to that burger.

When we came back from the park Britta brought Halberd home with her, and Melker...he found someone with a hat that struck his fancy. Her name is Jasmine Richardson, and she was only a teen. But Melker would not let that stop him, not now when he had found a woman as tastefully garmented as Jasmine!

Brycen spoils our kids, and I do think baking a cake and aging Jasmine up might have been going a tad too far. But like Brycen said "look at Melker's face!" Happiness like that should never be ignored, at least not when it can be bought with cake.

But we haven't celebrated enough birthdays yet. Yvonne is now a child! She has her mothers eyes and skin tone, but her face is so like her fathers when he was little, and her hair is like my own! She loves the outdoors like both her parents and want's to become an Artistic Prodigy.

Like all children she knows Brycen is the easiest to wrap around her finger.

Yvonne might have been inspired by her fathers skill on the guitar when she choose to learn the violin, but she has definitely not inherited his innate skill with strings. She now practices in her own room (but only when Britta is at work because they share a room and her screeching gets on Britta's last nerve).

The sounds from Yvonne's violin are actually so bad that both Brycen and Mika hide in my study whenever she takes it out - so they don't have to answer her question "does it sound better now?".

This is what we have amassed so far in collectibles, not a very impressive collection, but then again, we have mostly just collected around the house, only digging up the odd lot when someone was bored at the park or such. Nevertheless, when a collector is born, he or she will have something to start with.

I have asked Britta to take over the story telling from now on, I'm sure she'll be thrilled to be able to chat with you all and I think it will give me and Brycen some well earned quality time together. I hope you will support my daughter in her journey.
-Emelie Aurora

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2014, 04:38:59 PM »
Wow, her skin tone seems to have lightened up quite a lot when she aged to child.  She definitely has the Aurora look!  Also, Brycen sure seems long lived.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2014, 04:44:16 PM »
Wow, her skin tone seems to have lightened up quite a lot when she aged to child.  She definitely has the Aurora look!  Also, Brycen sure seems long lived.

Yes, I think she is some kind of blend of her parents skin tones, which I am very happy about. I am overall very positive to ts4 genetics from what I have seen so far. I am looking forward to seeing more of that in the future.

Brycen has a super long life, after I used a young again potion to extend his elder days (he took it at 110) he lived for 36 more days! He has passed away now, but I had to help him somewhat...

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #95 on: September 24, 2014, 11:50:21 PM »
Eeeek!!! Is that a Yuki figurine!? God I love the My Sims figurines, it's been one of my favorite games since it came out! A lot of good memories attached to that game and it makes me so happy that they're including it in this. Yvonne is adorable, hopefully she gets better at that violin though!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Building update
« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2014, 06:01:07 PM »
Soooo, Melker had the Mansion Baron aspiration and I thought we should get that out of the way...seems I went a little overboard....

The inside is actually rather barren, but I still pray to the sim gods that the bills wont kill us!

At least it's looking like a mansion.

1st floor, I have plans for 4 emotion rooms (inspiring, energized, focused and playful) as well as a kids room, an extra room and a large entertaining area.

4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, I think this will do. Also have some room indoors to house my collection now.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2014, 01:41:46 AM »
Wow, a good looking legacy mansion! I'm loving your story and thats such a good idea to have different emotion rooms.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2014, 02:15:00 AM »
Wow, a good looking legacy mansion! I'm loving your story and thats such a good idea to have different emotion rooms.

I'm still struggling with the ts4 build mode, I just think I haven't used it enough. I'm not really happy with the top floor, but I do think this building has potential and I will keep at it. It became far bigger than I had planned - but At least I have room for the items I already owned.

The emotion rooms are an extension of the 2 home offices I had previously, I might have to increase the size of the inspired room though, because it has a lot of items in it already. Also, with the new energized room I think my sims will begin to slim down :P

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2014, 05:05:13 AM »
That's a handsome mansion, good job! I like that your rooms are so spacious.  Do you have a different colour theme for the rooms?

I have also started to build rooms for the different emotions. That way you get the most of each mood.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2014, 09:10:13 AM »
That's a handsome mansion, good job! I like that your rooms are so spacious.  Do you have a different colour theme for the rooms?

I have also started to build rooms for the different emotions. That way you get the most of each mood.

The rooms are rather large, but I think I might need to make the inspired room bigger anyways... I will probably move the kids room to the green room between the playful and energized rooms, because they don't require as large items. I think the playful room can be made smaller if I should need it.

I have a color theme downstairs, the color of the emotion is the one I am using. Upstairs I will just have rooms in different colors - I'm not sure how I will organize the upstairs, I think I might end up changing it around because it's very large compared to the downstairs (at least it feels that way). But it's nice to have all the collectibles there :)

I may also make the small downstairs room into a flirty room, it's good for when you have to be in a flirty mood quickly and don't want to make them go upstairs :)

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2014, 10:25:59 AM »
I like your mansion very much and the emotions room is such a great idea. I'm going to remember that.

Yvonne is very cute.
I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2014, 10:28:12 AM »
Nooooo! Halberd has disappeared! Who is Britta going to pair up with now????

I like your mansion very much and the emotions room is such a great idea. I'm going to remember that.

Yvonne is very cute.

Thank you! I like it too, but it's going to take a while to get used to such a large house...

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2014, 07:51:11 PM »
Nooo!!! Please say it isn't so about Halberd? What is it with these townies disappearing lately, anyway? I'm despairing of a third generation mate, what with the way my townies keep disappearing.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2014, 10:36:14 AM »
I am enjoying your story very much.  I also was thinking emotion rooms would become very popular, maybe even getting their own hashtags in the gallery.  I have read several times now about townies/intendeds disappearing.  It may be worthwhile to save a copy to our libraries when we get attached to them so that if they disappear, we can bring them back.

anything