Author Topic: The Aurora Legacy - chapter 25. Moving in, moving out, moving on...  (Read 41167 times)

HazelS

Re: The Aurora Legacy - chapter 22. Finding the 'one'
« Reply #120 on: October 04, 2014, 02:20:20 PM »
I've just read this from the beginning and I love it! I hope that Britta finds a mate sooner rather than later. The lack of suitors is rather alarming....

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2014, 03:28:21 AM »
Great update.

Britta is very pretty, I hope she'll find a spouse soon.
I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2014, 11:11:34 AM »
Have you thought about using #legacyloves?

I've considered packing up my spares as #legacyloves at some point, but I can't bring myself to do it. At the same time, it would be so fun! to see them show up in other legacy stories as spouses, and to see if I couldn't nab photos of the spouses and offspring for the family tree haha

Yes I have, but I decided to go into manage world and add some siblings to the existing sims in game instead. It's more fun for me - even if the family trees are missing in this iteration of the game. I like knowing that my sims are connected to the town they live in.

I am thinking about using it when my next gen becomes a child, so we can add some more variety to the town.

BTW, has anyone had a non "natural" skin color sim spawn (i.e. green or blue)? If spawning is random I think this should happen at some point, but I haven't seen it myself.

Britta is so pretty. I am sure she'll find a suitable spouse. And if she (or you) get really desperate, why not marry an elder? He would soon leave room in the household...

But I really think it is strange that there are no eligible bachelors of the right age in your game. My game seems to be producing new sims and families all the time after the initial phase with no children in the game.

Marrying an elder could be an option, but I'd rather not since I might need to have multiple births to get a girl - and I would hate to have to go hunting for a second spouse.

I have found that in my file so far a lot of changes happens in spurts. So for  a while nothing happens, and then kabom! A whole lot of sims move in/ disapear. My only problem this time was that instead of single sims the game moved in a lot of families. I think it's because Lucas and Mika are having kids in the active house - so the game thinks we need kids, not single sims...

I've just read this from the beginning and I love it! I hope that Britta finds a mate sooner rather than later. The lack of suitors is rather alarming....

Thank you! I think she will find someone when the right time comes. I do have some prospects lined up after playing around in manage households, but I'm not sure if they are right for her yet.

Great update.

Britta is very pretty, I hope she'll find a spouse soon.

Thanks. Me too :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #123 on: October 07, 2014, 02:32:56 PM »
23. Melker's sweet talking

Bet you never thought you'd see this when last we spoke! Melker had managed to sway Jasmine and got her to visit our house. Once he had her here, she was suddenly much more positive towards him. I guess asking girls to come and check out your mansion is much more effective than suggesting they check out your social bunny...

Of course she wanted to be his girlfriend (he's loaded!).

But marriage?

Jasmine: Oh lalala, how could I resist?

Melker tells me Jasmine is excited about moving in with him, but she has to wait until her siblings are older, she is the only YA in her household of teens, and she can't leave them all alone. No worries - because we still have a pretty full house.

Melker also tells me that Jasmines 3rd trait is family oriented, so she is just as keen as him to start a family. For that to happen they will most definitely need more space in the house!

The next morning we found this. Poor Yvonne has a sad moodlet all day, how could they do that to the poor dolls!?

I don't think it was Jasmine, because Oswaldo also came over and he was in a rotten mood...since he's hotheaded I think he's the likely culprit.

Yvonne: Mom why is your tummy so much larger now? Weren't you exercising?

Mika: It's a baby in there. Besides, pointing that out is not proper manners young lady!

Lucas and Mika are just as crazy about each other as before. I think they long for more time alone - and I long for the day when I won't be walking in on them kissing or worse.

Britta: Um, what's that?

Lucas: What?

Britta: The bassinet.

Lucas: OMG - I'm not ready to become a parent! Where are the pregnancy books? Mom says they had pregnancy books in the ts3 dimension...

Britta: A little late for this freakout don't you think?

Lucas: *tears his hair out*

Mika: Isn't she pretty! Say hi to your new niece Jeanette. She looks just like me, don't you think?

Britta: Um, sure?

So, I have a new niece. I wonder if my brother having just girls is positive or negative when it comes to my chances to produce an heir. At least we'll have a backup if I turn out to have problems conceiving. It will be interesting to see who Jeanette resembles when she ages up. She is very fair skinned compared to her mother and sister, I wonder if that will change like it did for Yvonne.

Meanwhile, I tried going out and meeting new people. I was mostly surrounded by teens and married men. So I asked the watcher for some intervention in the household management department. Sorry Cory, I'm just not feeling this.

Naturally, the next day when we met up in the part he had aged up to YA. But sadly, still no spark. Neither was there a spark with the mopey Jeremy.

*Jeremy has the meduim brown hair color by SimplyMorgan I think it's awesome!

The town was suddenly awash with new men for me to meet. This is Bryce. Sorry Bryce, your name reminds me off my dead dad - automatic disqualification.

Fabian Landgraab is now grown up as well, but mixing with the Landgraabs? I just don't think I have it in me.

Mom and my brothers help to chat up the possible candidates, and once I get of work I meet up and take over the group. I love my new job and the chance to tell jokes for a living. I'm already on level 4 (maybe not so impressive considering I started on level 3 but who cares?!).

Besides, this kind of dating might not bring me love - but it sure brings me cash towards my tips requirement and an increased comedy skill. I will count it as a win. Wouldn't you?

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Legacy - chapter 23. Melker's sweet talking
« Reply #124 on: October 07, 2014, 11:16:53 PM »
I love that last pose! Great story - I hope that she finds love soon!

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2014, 11:34:19 PM »
It's good to see that she has some possible candidates now at least. Some good looking men tossed in there as well! I swear she's getting cuter herself!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #126 on: October 08, 2014, 01:34:35 AM »
I love that last pose! Great story - I hope that she finds love soon!

I think I finally have a prospect! Need some more screenshots and then you'll see him :)

It's good to see that she has some possible candidates now at least. Some good looking men tossed in there as well! I swear she's getting cuter herself!

I think she's also getting cuter. I think she will age well.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

HazelS

« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2014, 04:02:45 PM »
Go Melker! He's my favourite :) good to see more men in town, Britta certainly has her pick of the fellas now!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #128 on: October 10, 2014, 05:27:28 PM »
Go Melker! He's my favourite :) good to see more men in town, Britta certainly has her pick of the fellas now!

Melker surely grows on you :) I will hopefully be keeping him a round for a good while yet.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Legacy - chapter 24. A prospect?
« Reply #129 on: October 10, 2014, 05:59:51 PM »
24. A prospect?

Despite of meeting a whole lot of new people I didn't really think I had found the "one".

The watcher convinced me to go visit mopey Jeremy again. Insisted was more like it - promising I wouldn't be disappointed. Meh, no real chemistry, but at least he was a whole lot chipper.

Jeremy: Wanna meet my brother?

Britta: Um. I've already met him (and he's married), but sure!

Turns out Jeremy has two brothers, there is the married brother (why even learn his name?) and then there was Connor.

Connor smells nice...

We went to the Rattlesnake Juicer, and I was a little flirty. Not a whole lot - just trying out the waters so to speak. He seemed interested, but wasn't all over me which I appreciated.

I might have had a few more juices than I planned and planted one on him. He tastes as nice as he smells.

I think the date went well. If he seems interested he might be someone for me, but at the moment I'm enjoying taking it slow. I don't need heartbreak again. I need to feel ready for a new relationship after what Halberd did to me.

Melker is not as keen on taking it slow. He's gotten babies on the brain and can't leave Jeanette alone for a second. As soon as she fuzzes he's there to cuddle her and coo silly noises. I think it's about time he and Jasmine started a family of their own.

But when Lucas decides to move out we will miss him a lot. I will especially miss seeing my brothers hug it out, just because they have so much fun.

So, Connor came over the next day. It was kind of awkward. Not knowing if you should go for a hug, a kiss or just a handshake. In the end we did some weird kind of half hug half lame wave. Great...*sigh*

With just a couple hours before I was leaving for work I didn't really feel like going out on the town - so we hung out at the home bar. It was actually better than last time, because this time I even heard what he was saying!

Then I showed him around the house, and the observatory.

Emelie: Hellooooooo! Is anyone in there? Why is this door locked?

It wasn't me. Honestly! What kind of sim do you take me for?A legacy founder? Mika and Lucas just needed some private time as always. I really wish they would invent lockable doors...

Lucas: I had a great time yesterday babe.

Mika: Babe? What are we - teens again?

Lucas: Maybe it's time for us to move out? What do you say we save some money and move once Jeanette turns child? Kids are so self sufficient these days that they can take care of themselves while we're at work.

Mika: I'd get to start working? We're moving asap!

Mika is so excited about her new job. I don't understand why the Watcher insisted Mika had to be a stay at home mom - she clearly wasn't suited for it. I hope the Watcher won't make me stay at home all the time too.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #130 on: October 11, 2014, 07:00:51 AM »
I don't need heartbreak again. I need to feel ready for a new relationship after what Halberd did to me.

I would have thought Britta was in a hurry - I would not want to risk Connor disappearing, too. He seems quite a catch.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #131 on: October 11, 2014, 09:50:53 AM »
Lucas and Mika have gained quiet some weight haven't they?
So glad to see she found Connor, he looks so hot!!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #132 on: October 11, 2014, 03:46:19 PM »
I would have thought Britta was in a hurry - I would not want to risk Connor disappearing, too. He seems quite a catch.

I hope she'll get him moved in before something bad happens.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #133 on: October 11, 2014, 03:50:08 PM »
Lucas and Mika have gained quiet some weight haven't they?
So glad to see she found Connor, he looks so hot!!

Lucas has always been rather big, actually, he's mostly gained a lot of muscle - which, if your sim is large to begin with, translates to them looking even heavier. Mika is actually slimmer than she's been, because she's lost a lot of the muscles she had... But you know, I don't think many sims in my household will be slim any time soon. I don't really care enough about it to make them exercise, manage their food intake or only have them eat quickmeals.

I think Connor is a lucky draw in the randomization lottery. Both him and Jeremy were made in Manage Households because I liked their brothers looks but he was already married. Mostly I wanted him for the green eyes - but him also having red hair is nice too.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #134 on: October 12, 2014, 03:39:41 PM »
I've hit a possible snag.

I have the aging up bug (wide jaw squinty eyes mostly on male sims) in my game file and I'm considering waiting to play more before I go on or just ignore it.

I wouldn't care if it weren't for the case that exploring genetics is one of my passions when it comes to the sims, so a bug making all male sims look alike is almost the worst case scenario for me...

On the one hand I have a matriarchy going on, and so far the females seem unaffected by the bug (so if I make sure to bring in fresh unaltered sims from the gallery to mate my heirs with I should be fine genetically). On the other hand, this kind of makes the game less fun for me because I can't have the sims age up in game to get unknown and randomized traits.

What do you guys think? Do many of you have this bug in your game? What strategies are you using to combat this?

anything